Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Please help me develop a degree plan - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Please help me develop a degree plan (/Thread-Please-help-me-develop-a-degree-plan)

Please help me develop a degree plan - NeverDone - 10-23-2019

[quote pid='298247' dateline='1571817608']
Hi, everyone.

Below are the courses that I've completed. I'm seeking a BA. I've taken college course s for roughly 20 years and would like to say done...at least for now. I am open to school and major.

I've attached a draft in Word and Excel for your convenience.

Any suggestions you can make are greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Smile

[/quote]

RE: Please help me develop a degree plan - dfrecore - 10-23-2019

So just looking at this quickly, I have a couple of questions:

1) I am assuming the schools are: Golden Gate University (GGU), American River College (ARC), Consumnes River College (CRC), Univ of Phoenix (UOP), Sac City College (SCC), and Western Governor's University (WGU) - important to know because we need to know if they're RA schools, semester-based or quarter-based, etc.

2) GGU courses in the 100's are UL, they are 0-99 is LL, 100-199 is UL. I know this because I've taken classes there, and all of mine are UL (and in the 100's).

3) What was your major at WGU? And why wouldn't you just continue on there? They are almost always the cheapest.

RE: Please help me develop a degree plan - NeverDone - 10-23-2019

(10-23-2019, 12:56 PM)dfrecore Wrote: So just looking at this quickly, I have a couple of questions:

1) I am assuming the schools are: Golden Gate University (GGU), American River College (ARC), Consumnes River College (CRC), Univ of Phoenix (UOP), Sac City College (SCC), and Western Governor's University (WGU) - important to know because we need to know if they're RA schools, semester-based or quarter-based, etc.

2) GGU courses in the 100's are UL, they are 0-99 is LL, 100-199 is UL.  I know this because I've taken classes there, and all of mine are UL (and in the 100's).

3) What was your major at WGU?  And why wouldn't you just continue on there?  They are almost always the cheapest.
You're absolutely right about the schools. I was a BSBA - IT Mgmt at WGU. I quit in 2015 when I had to have surgery and needed to take time off. The catalogue has changed since then and I would have to complete several classes even if I shifted to Management or HR Mgmt.  I think my last calculation was 10. 

I want to finish my degree as soon as possible.

Thanks again for the feedback.

RE: Please help me develop a degree plan - dfrecore - 10-24-2019

(10-23-2019, 04:24 PM)NeverDone Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 12:56 PM)dfrecore Wrote: So just looking at this quickly, I have a couple of questions:

2) GGU courses in the 100's are UL, they are 0-99 is LL, 100-199 is UL.  I know this because I've taken classes there, and all of mine are UL (and in the 100's).

3) What was your major at WGU?  And why wouldn't you just continue on there?  They are almost always the cheapest.
You're absolutely right about the schools. I was a BSBA - IT Mgmt at WGU. I quit in 2015 when I had to have surgery and needed to take time off. The catalogue has changed since then and I would have to complete several classes even if I shifted to Management or HR Mgmt.  I think my last calculation was 10. 

I want to finish my degree as soon as possible.

Thanks again for the feedback.

10 classes at WGU is actually very good - and doable.  It will probably be your fastest and cheapest option.  All of the Big 3 now require a cornerstone and capstone, which will take at least 3-4 months, and that's on top of the courses you'll need to finish a degree plan.  I would guess you're at least 6 months out from a degree at any of them, and several thousand dollars each.

WGU is literally the BEST place for you to try and get a degree with what you have if you want fast and cheap.

For instance, here's what it will cost at the Big 3 minimum, without accounting for any additional credits that you'll need:
TESU $5,422
EC $4,690
COSC $2,848

RE: Please help me develop a degree plan - natshar - 10-24-2019

I agree wgu seems the best option as far as speed and price. I'd apply to them again and see what happens. You could have a degree in 6 months or less. I dont think this is possible with the big 3 anymore.

RE: Please help me develop a degree plan - NeverDone - 10-26-2019

I appreciate the feedback. I have applied to WGU and after looking at the catalogs for the BS in IT Mgmt and for HR Mgmt concluded there are more classes to complete than I anticipated. I am going to have them evaluate my transcripts and see what they say.

RE: Please help me develop a degree plan - allvia - 10-26-2019

(10-26-2019, 12:56 AM)NeverDone Wrote: I appreciate the feedback. I have applied to WGU and after looking at the catalogs for the BS in IT Mgmt and for HR Mgmt concluded there are more classes to complete than I anticipated. I am going to have them evaluate my transcripts and see what they say.

One they evaluate you for the current program(s) come back and let us know what is missing.  You may be able to earn a few more alternative credits and transfer them in before you re-enroll.  As you're likely aware you cannot transfer in after you enroll, and you have to earn 25% through them (30 credits), but you may already have some of those WGU 30 credits already completed since you attended there once before.