Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Study.com all access? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Study.com all access? (/Thread-Study-com-all-access)

Pages: 1 2

Study.com all access? - Clepper43 - 10-27-2019

Do all levels of Study.com have access to the same content, even the homeschool membership? 

I am aware that in order to get college credit, you have to be on College Accelerator for $199. But all the other plans say "access to 79,000 video lessons."

For example the test prep pricing says "access to 79,000 + test prep video lessons."

Are all these videos accessible to anyone with a plan, but they have different names to market them?

I could contact SDC about this but I figured you guys will know! Big Grin

RE: Study.com all access? - shadowgem - 10-27-2019

I think the subscriptions are:

Basic $39.99/month gives access to video lessons/transcripts (no quizzes)
Premium $59.99/month gives access to quizzes chapter practice exams (no credit earning exams)
College Accelerator $199/month gives access to 2 final exams for credit and ability to purchase 3 more final exams @ $70 each

I wasn't aware they had a subscription for homeschoolers, so I'm not sure what that would include.

RE: Study.com all access? - jsh1138 - 10-27-2019

yeah what shadowgem said.

RE: Study.com all access? - TwinMom - 10-28-2019

(10-27-2019, 07:01 PM)Clepper43 Wrote: Do all levels of Study.com have access to the same content, even the homeschool membership? 

I am aware that in order to get college credit, you have to be on College Accelerator for $199. But all the other plans say "access to 79,000 video lessons."

For example the test prep pricing says "access to 79,000 + test prep video lessons."

Are all these videos accessible to anyone with a plan, but they have different names to market them?

Yes, the homeschool account has access to all the same classes.

RE: Study.com all access? - shadowgem - 10-28-2019

(10-28-2019, 11:07 AM)TwinMom Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 07:01 PM)Clepper43 Wrote: Do all levels of Study.com have access to the same content, even the homeschool membership? 

That's good to know. Smile

What is the membership rate for a homeschool account? Is it limited to only one student? Does it include access to all quizzes/tests/tutoring ect?

RE: Study.com all access? - Clepper43 - 10-28-2019

[quote pid='298522' dateline='1572279233']

What is the membership rate for a homeschool account? Is it limited to only one student? Does it include access to all quizzes/tests/tutoring ect?
[/quote]

The annual membership is about $400, so $34/mo. It is for one student. I'm not sure how long the discount is available or if it is always available to yearly payers.

I was thinking to use that to preview/test prep and upgrade when finishing courses for college credit, but I'm not sure if paying the monthly as we go would be easier.

With the tests and quizzes? I would assume with everything but not the college credit. It does keep a dashboard of all your kids I guess.

RE: Study.com all access? - TwinMom - 10-28-2019

(10-28-2019, 11:13 AM)shadowgem Wrote:

You can do a monthly homeschool account (the usual $60) and switch to College Accelerator when/if you want to get ACE college credit. You can purchase an annual account (paid in full up front and averages $32/month) BUT you can't switch to CA plan because one is an annual and one is a monthly plan. You can use the material to study for CLEP, etc.  All quizzes and tests are saved in either account except for the finals for college credit (need a CA plan for that). HTH

RE: Study.com all access? - shadowgem - 10-28-2019

Thank you both!  Smile

Study.com all access? - alab21 - 10-28-2019

(10-28-2019, 08:13 PM)shadowgem Wrote: Thank you both!  Smile

Might want to verify that it keeps the progress when upgraded. I believe I heard on the homeschool group, that the homeschool account does not. I haven’t personally verified it. I just looked for a recent post -on oct 11 one of the mods told a user, so I assume it has not changed.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

RE: Study.com all access? - dfrecore - 10-30-2019

(10-28-2019, 09:12 PM)alab21 Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 08:13 PM)shadowgem Wrote: Thank you both!  Smile

Might want to verify that it keeps the progress when upgraded.  I believe I heard on the homeschool group, that the homeschool account does not. I haven’t personally verified it. I just looked for a recent post -on oct 11 one of the mods told a user, so I assume it has not changed.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

All Study.com memberships maintain course progress, so you are able to switch/upgrade/downgrade between plans.