Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU Capstone Question - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU Capstone Question (/Thread-TESU-Capstone-Question)

Pages: 1 2

TESU Capstone Question - darthweezy - 10-28-2019

I'm planning to take the Capstone class starting in Dec.  When speaking with advising they said the typical graduation date for classes that start in Dec would be for the June graduation, however, I could let the instructor know my goal would be to graduate in March and that the professor will sometimes expedite submitting your grades.

So..... has anyone ever heard or had experience with this?  It would be pretty sweet to have the Degree in March as opposed to June for job seeking purposes since most of the job fairs will start around March for teaching.

And on a side note, if it is not possible to make the March Graduation date, how does it work out when you're finished with everything and just waiting for the graduation?  Would I have anything to provide to potential job prospects to show the upcoming graduation?

RE: TESU Capstone Question - degreeguy - 10-28-2019

I just completed my TESU Capstone yesterday at TESU.

When I registered for it, I was told the August Capstone was the cut off for graduation in December as everything has to be finished by 11/1 to make the December graduation.

No harm in talking to the advisor, but it sounds like it could be cutting too close.

RE: TESU Capstone Question - darthweezy - 10-28-2019

(10-28-2019, 12:10 PM)degreeguy Wrote: I just completed my TESU Capstone yesterday at TESU.

When I registered for it, I was told the August Capstone was the cut off for graduation in December as everything has to be finished by 11/1 to make the December graduation.

No harm in talking to the advisor, but it sounds like it could be cutting too close.

Yeah, that is how I am thinking it'll play out.  Cutting it too close Sad

RE: TESU Capstone Question - suzycupcake - 11-04-2019

According to my discussions with 2 different advisors, (I'm in the Nov capstone), I'm even cutting it close with the class ending 1/26/2020. I have to apply end of December and hope to get in for March graduation. I don't see how you could do Dec and get in for March graduation based on what I've been told.

RE: TESU Capstone Question - diminutive - 11-05-2019

I have the same graduation goal and so moved up my capstone from Dec to this month. Its probably not too late to sign up for a Nov class. If you thought you'd be too busy the first month seems like a lot of fluff.

RE: TESU Capstone Question - darthweezy - 11-06-2019

Yeah, this is kinda what I was thinking. I've already completed everything but SOS-110 (currently taking) for the ASNSM Comp Sci, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and file for the graduation on that one now so that I could have it in March and then get the BALS - Social Sci in June.

Anyone have any thoughts on this idea?

RE: TESU Capstone Question - tjguitar85 - 11-06-2019

(11-05-2019, 09:49 AM)diminutive Wrote: I have the same graduation goal and so moved up my capstone from Dec to this month. Its probably not too late to sign up for a Nov class. If you thought you'd be too busy the first month seems like a lot of fluff.

Would you have to pay the late registration fee? I want to take the Dec capstone, but I don't think I will have 100 transfer credits yet because of SDC's 5 course per month cap.

(11-06-2019, 09:18 AM)tjguitar85 Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 09:49 AM)diminutive Wrote: I have the same graduation goal and so moved up my capstone from Dec to this month. Its probably not too late to sign up for a Nov class. If you thought you'd be too busy the first month seems like a lot of fluff.

Would you have to pay the late registration fee? I want to take the Dec capstone, but I don't think I will have 100 transfer credits yet because of SDC's 5 course per month cap.

I'm somewhat in that same boat.  Because I started transferring my credits in months ago I've already hit the max on the official eval's they'll do.  I have to wait until the 10th to get them to do another official one and by that point it'll be too late to do the Nov Capstone they said.

RE: TESU Capstone Question - davewill - 11-06-2019

(11-06-2019, 09:00 AM)darthweezy Wrote: Yeah, this is kinda what I was thinking.  I've already completed everything but SOS-110 (currently taking) for the ASNSM Comp Sci, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and file for the graduation on that one now so that I could have it in March and then get the BALS - Social Sci in June.

As long as you are REALLY sure you won't have a problem graduating the BALS by next Dec, and don't mind laying out the residency waiver money now, I see no reason why not.

(11-06-2019, 02:13 PM)davewill Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 09:00 AM)darthweezy Wrote: Yeah, this is kinda what I was thinking.  I've already completed everything but SOS-110 (currently taking) for the ASNSM Comp Sci, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and file for the graduation on that one now so that I could have it in March and then get the BALS - Social Sci in June.

As long as you are REALLY sure you won't have a problem graduating the BALS before next Dec, and don't mind laying out the residency waiver money now, I see no reason why not.

I am pretty sure I agree with doing this.  The Capstone is the only thing I will have left after SOS-110 and I am planning to start it in Dec.  I'm really hoping to get a teaching position next year but it's going to be hard with graduation being in June.  I think it would probably look a lot better having my associates and the confirmation from the school showing the bachelors will be coming in June.