Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
BA - Psychology TESU & Study.com? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: BA - Psychology TESU & Study.com? (/Thread-BA-Psychology-TESU-Study-com)

BA - Psychology TESU & Study.com? - MichiganMax - 11-09-2019

Hey gang, 

So just went through my transcript evaluation at TESU, and it looks like I'm in much better shape than I'd thought. Thomas Edison has taken almost all my credits from my first B.A. as well as some upper level psychology courses I've taken over the years. From the looks of it this is what I have left to complete (not counting the capstone): 
  • Research in Experimental Psychology (PSY-322)
  • Social Psychology (PSY-379)
  • History & Systems of Psychology (PSY-400)
  • Physiological Psychology (PSY-374)
  • Abnormal Psychology (PSY-350)
  • Statistics (STA-201)
  • Ethics in the Social Sciences (SOS-450)
So I looked up JSD's BA in Psychology  and I'm assuming it's pretty accurate? From reading it, it seems like just taking the needed classes through Study.com would make the most sense.  Does that seem right? Anyone have anything to add or suggest? How long does everyone think it would take get this done? 

As a side note I'm thinking of applying for some local behavioral services jobs, and they all require at least a bachelors ind Social Work or Psychology. So having this BA would be a big help.

RE: BA - Psychology TESU & Study.com? - natshar - 11-09-2019

Question how many upper level 300/400 classes in psych do you already have applied towards your degree?

RE: BA - Psychology TESU & Study.com? - MichiganMax - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 08:44 PM)natshar Wrote: Question how many upper level 300/400 classes in psych do you already have applied towards your degree?

From the evaluation it looks like they applied 6 UL courses to my transcript.

RE: BA - Psychology TESU & Study.com? - jsh1138 - 11-09-2019

I think Study.com makes the most sense for you, yeah

RE: BA - Psychology TESU & Study.com? - mysonx3 - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 08:50 PM)MichiganMax Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 08:44 PM)natshar Wrote: Question how many upper level 300/400 classes in psych do you already have applied towards your degree?

Are they all in Psychology? Only Psych courses will count towards the UL requirement for that area of study. If at least 12 of your UL credits are in Psych, you should be able to use exclusively Study.com for the rest (with History & Systems and the Capstone accounting for the remaining six UL credits)

RE: BA - Psychology TESU & Study.com? - MichiganMax - 11-09-2019

(11-09-2019, 09:25 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 08:50 PM)MichiganMax Wrote:

Are they all in Psychology? Only Psych courses will count towards the UL requirement for that area of study. If at least 12 of your UL credits are in Psych, you should be able to use exclusively Study.com for the rest (with History & Systems and the Capstone accounting for the remaining six UL credits)

Yes the UL classes are all psychology!  Thanks for answering...so it sounds like I'm in good shape.

RE: BA - Psychology TESU & Study.com? - jsd - 11-09-2019

Have fun Smile