Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
ENEB Master Thread - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: ENEB Master Thread (/Thread-ENEB-Master-Thread)

RE: ENEB MBA - Foreign Academic Evaluation Results - rachel83az - 06-17-2022

(06-17-2022, 09:38 AM)Dumber Wrote: I have never discouraged anyone with ENEB.
Most of your posts about ENEB have been discourating or disparaging.

(06-17-2022, 09:38 AM)Dumber Wrote: But something is smelly from my perspective of how Eneb is being marketed here.
Nobody is "marketing" ENEB. People are sharing their experiences and why it might or might not be a good deal for others. Marketing would be encouraging everyone on the forum to get one!

RE: ENEB MBA - Foreign Academic Evaluation Results - jsd - 06-17-2022

(06-17-2022, 11:41 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 09:38 AM)Dumber Wrote: I have never discouraged anyone with ENEB.
Most of your posts about ENEB have been discourating or disparaging.

(06-17-2022, 09:38 AM)Dumber Wrote: But something is smelly from my perspective of how Eneb is being marketed here.
Nobody is "marketing" ENEB. People are sharing their experiences and why it might or might not be a good deal for others. Marketing would be encouraging everyone on the forum to get one!

I hope the contrast between "you're not allowed to be discouraging about the negatives of ENEB" and "Marketing would be encouraging everyone on the forum to get one!" isn't lost on anyone here.

By the way, I don't think the regulars here are some sort of paid shills for ENEB or anything, I think it's just a sunk cost type situation that doesn't allow most to take off the rose-colored glasses.

RE: Simple ENEB Question for Those Taking Advantage - michaeladsmith2 - 06-17-2022

(06-14-2021, 02:48 PM)TINASAM Wrote: When you're done, how are you going to list it on your resume?

ENEB?

or

University Isabel I de Castilla?

or alternate....

I'm on the fence on taking these classes but if I decide to, I'm leaning on listing it as University Isabel I de Castilla. Since you get two degrees, one from ENEB and one from Isabel, I figure that will be fine but I'd like some feedback to what others are planning to do in this situation.

I'm an MBA+Master in Business & Corporate Communications graduate. 

I list mine as:

Universidad Isabel I – Barcelona, Spain
Master of Business Administration - MBA
Jan 2021 - Apr 2022
GPA: 3.62

ENEB - European Business School of Barcelona

Universidad Isabel I – Barcelona, Spain
Master of Business & Corporate Communication
Jan 2021 - Apr 2022
GPA: 3.91

ENEB - European Business School of Barcelona

For me, I always use the "senior" institution (College or University) as my main listing for my degree. ENEB is a "collaborating school" within the Universidad Isabel I "system". So when people ask, or employers inquire, I always say, " I have my MBA from Universidad Isabel I, in Barcelona, Spain." Sometimes, I will just say the European Business School of Barcelona. I guess it doesn't matter what you say verbally, but on my Resume, LinkedIN and Facebook, I use the University. 

RE: ENEB MBA - Foreign Academic Evaluation Results - eLearner - 06-17-2022

There has been an actual paid shill or two promoting ENEB here, and they were hired by ENEB. They had these people posting at all the usual educational boards on the internet, Reddit and such. That didn't last long though as people caught on to it, lol.

ENEB is the #1 topic on DI, and may be #1 here too or close to it. We're talking all-time. So one thing is for sure, their arrival on the scene has captured the attention of these educational communities in a way no other school ever has. What confuses me is why the debate is so fiery after all of this has already been settled? Pretty much nothing is uncertain about this now. We have an understanding of how top-tier evaluators view it through known evaluation results, we have an understanding of how bottom-tier evaluators view it through known evaluation results, and we know how schools will view it when accompanied by a foreign credential evaluation as they will any other. We even have a wiki that lays it all down flat: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/ENEB

So what's left to debate other than just debating for the sake of debating?

RE: ENEB MBA - Foreign Academic Evaluation Results - jsd - 06-17-2022

(06-17-2022, 12:23 PM)eLearner Wrote: There has been an actual paid shill or two promoting ENEB here, and they were hired by ENEB. They had these people posting at all the usual educational boards on the internet, Reddit and such. That didn't last long though as people caught on to it, lol.

I suspected this very early on since the postings here were basically copy-pastes from other social media sites by one-and-done accounts. Now they don't need to pay anyone, people here do their work for free  Big Grin

RE: ENEB MBA - Foreign Academic Evaluation Results - Flelm - 06-17-2022

(06-16-2022, 01:59 PM)openair Wrote: I've just made a resolution that I will refuse to comment on any further threads about Universidad Isabel I/ENEB on this board.

I made a similar resolution, except instead of not commenting I decided to only make meta-comments.

RE: ENEB MBA - Foreign Academic Evaluation Results - Thorne - 06-17-2022

(06-17-2022, 11:54 AM)jsd Wrote: By the way, I don't think the regulars here are some sort of paid shills for ENEB or anything, I think it's just a sunk cost type situation that doesn't allow most to take off the rose-colored glasses.

I mainly engage at all because I got a bad taste in my mouth from some previous posters on both forums making grandiose claims that bordered on claiming the degree was fraudulent, that people who used it were totally unethical, that they didn't deserve jobs, that they should be thrown out of companies...you get the picture. 

I'm not sure what rose-colored glasses most people have on regarding ENEB, but it occupies a unique space. On the one hand, we have many programs get mentioned here from places with the credibility of TotallyASchool.University, all of which lack any accreditation to speak of - these get shut down, debunked, or railed against pretty quickly. Then we have fully accredited schools - no one fights these. ENEB is in a unique place though, because its arrangement cannot be said to be without any kind of accreditation (not unless you are specifically biased against it and ignore available facts) but also isn't fully accredited (not unless you are specifically biased for it and ignore available facts). There are certainly people who see that and proclaim, "It is a real degree!" and others who proclaim, "It is not a real degree!" but neither are right.

What bothers me is that lately I've seen most people avoiding the "All Hail ENEB, King of the Online Programs!" rhetoric, opting for "it's unique and works for some people" instead while the people who are against ENEB continue to loudly proclaim, "It's not really accredited, it's not really legit" and ignore things like actual FCEs to uphold this misconception that the degree is totally unaccredited in every way.

People don't want to take off the rose-colored glasses? Funny, it seems to me like there are too many people with crap-colored glasses still waiting to wag their bony fingers.

RE: ENEB MBA - Foreign Academic Evaluation Results - ss20ts - 06-17-2022

I'm against ENEB so I just stopped commenting on it ages age. I haven't read most of the posts either. If it works for you cool. If not cool. I think a lot depends on where you live in the world. I don't find this to be something I care to explain for the rest of my career so it's not for me. If someone else has no issue explaining it the rest of their career cool. You do you.

RE: ENEB MBA - Foreign Academic Evaluation Results - Vle045 - 06-17-2022

(06-17-2022, 09:38 AM)Dumber Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 06:55 AM)Vle045 Wrote: I wondered how long it would take for Dumber to come along to talk smack about ENEB.  

If you don’t like ENEB, that’s fine.  Don’t enroll there.
If you need an RA degree from a US school, don’t enroll there.
If you don’t like writing a lot of papers, don’t enroll there.
NO ONE is saying that anyone has to enroll there.  Geez.

But if you really can’t afford more than a few hundred bucks right now, and you want to start learning some business concepts and practice your writing and research skills, or maybe just have access to some business Master Classes, then ENEB might be right for you. And, if you get really lucky, you may find an avenue that will accept that credential to meet your needs.  Fantastic!

There’s no reason someone has to be a “Debbie Downer” and poo-poo over someone else’s experiences because it doesn’t fit with YOUR needs/wants/expectations.  That’s just silly.

And ya know what, I am starting an MBA program in a few weeks that is not at all popular around here.  And I probably wouldn’t even recommend it to a lot of people. (Although I may share my experiences here in case others are looking for the same thing).  They happened to offer me a program that seems to meet my needs and at a significantly reduced price that I can afford.  And isn’t THAT what we all are looking for?  A program that fits OUR needs at a price we can afford.
Who exactly are you to tell anyone where to enroll or what to be critical of? I know a lot of moderators have ENEB degrees which is fine. I have one also, but that should not cloud how I see it. And by the way, I have many degrees, too many for my good. I have never discouraged anyone with ENEB. It is a good deal. But something is smelly from my perspective of how Eneb is being marketed here.

What the hell are you talking about?  I don’t care where anyone enrolls.  And I never criticized ENEB .

RE: ENEB MBA - Foreign Academic Evaluation Results - Dumber - 06-17-2022

(06-17-2022, 04:03 PM)Vle045 Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 09:38 AM)Dumber Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 06:55 AM)Vle045 Wrote: I wondered how long it would take for Dumber to come along to talk smack about ENEB.  

But if you really can’t afford more than a few hundred bucks right now, and you want to start learning some business concepts and practice your writing and research skills, or maybe just have access to some business Master Classes, then ENEB might be right for you. And, if you get really lucky, you may find an avenue that will accept that credential to meet your needs.  Fantastic!

There’s no reason someone has to be a “Debbie Downer” and poo-poo over someone else’s experiences because it doesn’t fit with YOUR needs/wants/expectations.  That’s just silly.

And ya know what, I am starting an MBA program in a few weeks that is not at all popular around here.  And I probably wouldn’t even recommend it to a lot of people. (Although I may share my experiences here in case others are looking for the same thing).  They happened to offer me a program that seems to meet my needs and at a significantly reduced price that I can afford.  And isn’t THAT what we all are looking for?  A program that fits OUR needs at a price we can afford.
Who exactly are you to tell anyone where to enroll or what to be critical of? I know a lot of moderators have ENEB degrees which is fine. I have one also, but that should not cloud how I see it. And by the way, I have many degrees, too many for my good. I have never discouraged anyone with ENEB. It is a good deal. But something is smelly from my perspective of how Eneb is being marketed here.

What the hell are you talking about?  I don’t care where anyone enrolls.  And I never criticized ENEB.
As a refresher, here is what you wrote:
Vle045 Wrote:[url=https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-ENEB-MBA-Foreign-Academic-Evaluation-Results?pid=369591#pid369591][/url]I wondered how long it would take for Dumber to come along to talk smack about ENEB.