Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
ENEB Master Thread - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: ENEB Master Thread (/Thread-ENEB-Master-Thread)

RE: MBA and MA at ENEB for just under $300 - eLearner - 04-09-2020

Disclaimer: I have read through the through the thread but may have missed some things because I am human and I do make mistakes just like you. Please don't crucify me over it. Thanks.

It looks to me that Universidad Internacional Isabel I de Castilla (or "Isabel I International University of Castilla" if translated to English) is legit, and I say that for the following reasons:

- ANECA from all appearances is an officially recognized accreditor in Spain. According to the information, its parent agency is Spain's Ministry of Education. The school is actively listed there by ANECA https://srv.aneca.es/ListadoTitulos/search/site/Universidad%20Isabel

- I saw Universidad Isabel at the European Commission website, https://epale.ec.europa.eu/en/organisations/universidad-isabel-i-foundation

That I don't take as some kind of "official" recognition, but given what the European Commission does I would think if Universidad Isabel was some kind of farce it wouldn't be there. The EC lists it as a non-profit but the RUCT lists it as a for-profit. Strangely, by using the Wayback Machine, I've noticed that the profit status has changed several times over the years at the RUCT. I don't really care about profit status (and I'm not looking for a debate about it), but I thought that tidbit would be of interest to some.

- The Government of Spain lists the school at its RUCT (Registry of Universities, Centres, Qualifications and Titles). I don't believe anything but schools they approve would be listed there https://www.educacion.gob.es/ruct/universidad.action?codigoUniversidad=080&actual=universidades

- I believe the reason the degrees offered through the ENEB - Isabel partnership are not listed titles through RUCT and ANECA is because they are "Propio" degrees. As I understand it based on this: https://www.uab.cat/web/study/graduate/what-are-the-differences-between-an-official-master-s-degree-and-a-uab-specific-master-s-degree-1345713249545.html a Master Propio is a grad degree that is unique to the school issuing it and its curriculum and legitimacy is overseen and backed only by that school but not the Government directly, while a Master Official's curriculum and its legitimacy is overseen by the Government of Spain's Education Ministry. Correct me if I'm wrong.

On somewhat of a sidenote, the campus is really nice, and larger than I'd expect. I googled it. I thought it was an online-only school, but it looks like there is on-campus instruction taking place.

-----

Now, my questions aren't about if the school is real or not. I feel pretty secure that it's real:

1. I read Forocoches, a major forum in Spain, and people there were saying that they would list their degree from the school as Universidad Isabel I, and not mention ENEB. The reasoning I suppose is because the degree is being issued by Universidad Isabel I and not ENEB. What do you think about doing this from an American perspective?

2. Has anyone gotten a foreign degree evaluation for an Isabel degree? If so, can you share the results?

Disclaimer: I have read through the through the thread but may have missed some things because I am human and I do make mistakes just like you. Please don't crucify me over it. Thanks.

RE: MBA and MA at ENEB for just under $300 - SteveFoerster - 04-09-2020

(04-09-2020, 02:50 AM)eLearner Wrote: I read Forocoches, a major forum in Spain, and people there were saying that they would list their degree from the school as Universidad Isabel I, and not mention ENEB. The reasoning I suppose is because the degree is being issued by Universidad Isabel I and not ENEB. What do you think about doing this from an American perspective?

That seems perfectly reasonable to me, since UI1 is literally the institution awarding the degree. Similarly, if one did Arizona State University's Master of Computer Science program through Coursera, one would list ASU, not Coursera.

RE: MBA and MA at ENEB for just under $300 - bjcheung77 - 04-09-2020

1) Basically, you complete courses elsewhere and transfer them into the university to finish off the degree, in this case - it's really like the Big 3 prior to 2012, there were no cornerstone/capstone requirements, you can transfer all 120 credits back then. Generally, you want to list the graduate diploma from where you received the parchment, at Universidad Isabel I and not ENEB.

Another example is that I think of ENEB as the Alternative ACE/NCCRS course credit provider and Universidad Isabel I as the Big 3 that award up to 114 credit transfer into their program or any of the Competency-Based degree-granting institutions that would award 75% credit for transfer.

2) I haven't gotten one of the NACES to evaluate mine yet as I started last month. However, I have read that others who graduated from a similar program and transferred to Spanish universities have had their credentials evaluated as equivalent to a US graduate diploma (same 30 credits but not a degree). My Post#143 explains my reasoning for it... Spanish universities grant "oficials" for Masters that have a component of a final graduate project/research or thesis, the "propios" from ENEB is missing that one part.

RE: MBA and MA at ENEB for just under $300 - reyarl884 - 04-10-2020

What’s the difference between these two ads? Has anyone tried getting this evaluated yet or transferred into an online university in the US? 

https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-eneb-business-school-online-mba-masters-degree

https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-eneb-usa-business-school-dual-degree

RE: MBA and MA at ENEB for just under $300 - kcsj17 - 04-11-2020

(04-10-2020, 10:37 PM)reyarl884 Wrote: What’s the difference between these two ads? Has anyone tried getting this evaluated yet or transferred into an online university in the US? 

https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-eneb-business-school-online-mba-masters-degree

https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-eneb-usa-business-school-dual-degree
The first is for a single degree, MBA or Masters and the Second is for a dual degree, MBA & Masters.

RE: MBA and MA at ENEB for just under $300 - engadnan - 04-11-2020

That's right. I contacted ENEB yesterday and they sent me their own discounted links for the Payment over email (US$249 for a Single Program and US$299 for a Dual Degree). I am thinking to take the ENEB's offer.

RE: MBA and MA at ENEB for just under $300 - eradreede - 04-11-2020

(04-11-2020, 03:24 AM)engadnan Wrote: That's right. I contacted ENEB yesterday and they sent me their own discounted links for the Payment over email (US$249 for a Single Program and US$299 for a Dual Degree). I am thinking to take the ENEB's offer.

Do you thanks WES might accept it and could it transfer  to Capella or Purdue global?

(04-11-2020, 05:05 AM)eradreede Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 03:24 AM)engadnan Wrote: That's right. I contacted ENEB yesterday and they sent me their own discounted links for the Payment over email (US$249 for a Single Program and US$299 for a Dual Degree). I am thinking to take the ENEB's offer.

Do you thanks WES might accept it and could it transfer  to Capella or Purdue global?

Well, this is something for the Senior Members here to comment. I, personally, have never cared for transferring to Capella or Purdue Global. Having said so, i have my all regards for the U.S. Higher Education System.

I believe everyone pursues a program based on their own personal goals. For me personally, this one appears a good deal especially as the price is super cheap and i might end up learning something out of the content at least. 

Having said so, i have now embarked on the ENEB's Dual Degree Program. Until now, ENEB has been super responsive (within the Spanish Time Zone). Fingers crossed :-)

RE: MBA and MA at ENEB for just under $300 - eradreede - 04-11-2020

(04-11-2020, 07:02 AM)engadnan Wrote:

Well, this is something for the Senior Members here to comment. I, personally, have never cared for transferring to Capella or Purdue Global. Having said so, i have my all regards for the U.S. Higher Education System.

I believe everyone pursues a program based on their own personal goals. For me personally, this one appears a good deal especially as the price is super cheap and i might end up learning something out of the content at least. 

Having said so, i have now embarked on the ENEB's Dual Degree Program. Until now, ENEB has been super responsive (within the Spanish Time Zone). Fingers crossed :-)
How are the quizzes and exams for you so far? Do you think both LBA and Masters could be completed in 3 months while working full time 7 days a week?

Would it be awkward to put the name of the school on your resume for a future job search

Would you consider it somehow in the same level or if not harder than the other MBA school in the USA

why would you do MBA and another masters? To be marketable? 
 how do you answer it being from Spain?

(04-11-2020, 07:28 AM)eradreede Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 07:02 AM)engadnan Wrote:

How are the quizzes and exams for you so far? Do you think both LBA and Masters could be completed in 3 months while working full time 7 days a week?

-> Well, i have just received access to the online portal and can't say much about the Quizzes and Exams at this stage-in-time.

Would it be awkward to put the name of the school on your resume for a future job search

-> Well, putting Universidad Isabel I would not be awkward by any means.

Would you consider it somehow in the same level or if not harder than the other MBA school in the USA

-> Not really sure. I don't have any experience pertinent to MBAs in USA.

why would you do MBA and another masters? To be marketable? how do you answer it being from Spain?

-> I am not from Spain. I just referred to Spanish Time Zone as i noticed that ENEB is quite active in responding to emails.