Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Bragging - Degree Completion - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Bragging - Degree Completion (/Thread-Bragging-Degree-Completion)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bragging - Degree Completion - jamshid666 - 11-20-2019

Hello Everyone,

I'd say I hate to brag, but I'd be lying.  This morning I successfully completed the capstone course and applied for graduation.  Now it's just a matter of time for the WGU records department to process everything and I will have my BS in Network Operations and Security!  Now on to my next degree.

RE: Bragging - Degree Completion - TwinMom - 11-20-2019

(11-20-2019, 03:13 PM)jamshid666 Wrote: Hello Everyone,

I'd say I hate to brag, but I'd be lying.  This morning I successfully completed the capstone course and applied for graduation.  Now it's just a matter of time for the WGU records department to process everything and I will have my BS in Network Operations and Security!  Now on to my next degree.
Congrats!

RE: Bragging - Degree Completion - suzycupcake - 11-20-2019

Hey good for you! Congrats!

RE: Bragging - Degree Completion - armstrongsubero - 11-20-2019

Congrats! All the best forward!

RE: Bragging - Degree Completion - jsd - 11-20-2019

Awesome, congrats!

A good thing about WGU is how quickly they process your grad app, and you don't have to wait until commencement like TESU or other schools.

My grad app was processed in a day or two, and my grad date was immediately effective (not waiting until a quarterly or annual etc commencement date like I had to do at TESU and my CC).

Great work, and good luck with your future plans and goals (educational and otherwise)

RE: Bragging - Degree Completion - eriehiker - 11-20-2019

Congratulations! It has been great watching you complete this goal.

RE: Bragging - Degree Completion - tobyisking - 11-20-2019

Congrats!! Great work! Smile

RE: Bragging - Degree Completion - lacussucceed - 11-20-2019

Congratulations! What's next? MBA, MS-CSIA @ WGU?

RE: Bragging - Degree Completion - jamshid666 - 11-20-2019

(11-20-2019, 05:48 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Congratulations! What's next? MBA, MS-CSIA @ WGU?

I'll be working on the TESU BSBA and WGU MS-CSIA concurrently.  I already started the TESU degree, and I won't be starting the MS-CSIA until January, so I should be able to squeeze 3-4 classes in on the TESU degree during that gap in December.  I only have 9 classes to go for the BSBA.  Once you remove the two that you have to take through TESU (SOS-110 and the capstone), I will be doing two TECEPS and five classes from SDC.  I will likely push the SOS-110 and capstone courses out until sometime after April so I can use my tax refund to pay for those two instead of having them hit the normal monthly budget.  The timing for those two courses is also dependent on when I have to take the CEH and CHFI certifications.  I will likely have to focus solely on those two certifications instead of splitting time between schools during that time frame.

I was originally considering WGU for the MBA, but I may change my mind at take it at Fayetteville State University.  The program at Fayetteville State costs about the same as WGU, but it is AACSB certified instead of ACBSP and it's my understanding that AACSB is the better of the two.  And Fayetteville State is only a ten minute drive from my home should I ever desire to speak to a professor in person.  But, I won't be doing the MBA until 2021, so I have plenty of time to consider the pros and cons of each.

RE: Bragging - Degree Completion - lacussucceed - 11-20-2019

(11-20-2019, 06:34 PM)jamshid666 Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 05:48 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Congratulations! What's next? MBA, MS-CSIA @ WGU?

I'll be working on the TESU BSBA and WGU MS-CSIA concurrently.  I already started the TESU degree, and I won't be starting the MS-CSIA until January, so I should be able to squeeze 3-4 classes in on the TESU degree during that gap in December.  I only have 9 classes to go for the BSBA.  Once you remove the two that you have to take through TESU (SOS-110 and the capstone), I will be doing two TECEPS and five classes from SDC.  I will likely push the SOS-110 and capstone courses out until sometime after April so I can use my tax refund to pay for those two instead of having them hit the normal monthly budget.  The timing for those two courses is also dependent on when I have to take the CEH and CHFI certifications.  I will likely have to focus solely on those two certifications instead of splitting time between schools during that time frame.

I was originally considering WGU for the MBA, but I may change my mind at take it at Fayetteville State University.  The program at Fayetteville State costs about the same as WGU, but it is AACSB certified instead of ACBSP and it's my understanding that AACSB is the better of the two.  And Fayetteville State is only a ten minute drive from my home should I ever desire to speak to a professor in person.  But, I won't be doing the MBA until 2021, so I have plenty of time to consider the pros and cons of each.

And this was your first B?