Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Valley City State University (ND): Ed2Go Graduate PD Credit=$125 - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Valley City State University (ND): Ed2Go Graduate PD Credit=$125 (/Thread-Valley-City-State-University-ND-Ed2Go-Graduate-PD-Credit-125)

Valley City State University (ND): Ed2Go Graduate PD Credit=$125 - eriehiker - 11-23-2019

Ed2Go is an online training program that partners with colleges and universities to provide (normally) non-credit certificate programs.

Valley City State University in North Dakota has a program to provide graduate pd credit intended for teachers via Ed2Go at $125 per class.  It is unclear if this is $125 per credit hour because the classes account for 24 hours of contact time and I am unsure if partial credit hours are awarded.

There are some interesting course topics, but the PD designation and likely EDU or similar prefixes will limit the utility of these credits.

https://www.vcsu.edu/extend/ed2go-for-credit

RE: Valley City State University (ND): Ed2Go Graduate PD Credit=$125 - vintage_jacket - 08-29-2022

This was the only other school that I found that also offer graduate level professional development credit for a select group of Ed2go courses. It's in Michigan.

https://www.madonna.edu/academics/college-of-education/professional-development/

RE: Valley City State University (ND): Ed2Go Graduate PD Credit=$125 - Vle045 - 08-29-2022

Your best bet with ed2go courses is to go to the main ed2go site, find the class you are interested in, then you can “change school” and see all the courses in your area - or chosen school - that offer that course. Click on. Few you like and see what they charge. The prices vary and you can shop around for the exact same online course buy attach your preferred school, or price. That $125 course at Valley City was $115 at Akron, and $119 and another school.

RE: Valley City State University (ND): Ed2Go Graduate PD Credit=$125 - carrythenothing - 08-29-2022

(08-29-2022, 04:42 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Your best bet with ed2go courses is to go to the main ed2go site, find the class you are interested in, then you can “change school” and see all the courses in your area - or chosen school - that offer that course.  Click on. Few you like and see what they charge.  The prices vary and you can shop around for the exact same online course buy attach your preferred school, or price.  That $125 course at Valley City was $115 at Akron, and $119 and another school.

This strategy works if you don't care whether or not it's worth credit from that particular school.

RE: Valley City State University (ND): Ed2Go Graduate PD Credit=$125 - vintage_jacket - 08-29-2022

(08-29-2022, 04:42 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Your best bet with ed2go courses is to go to the main ed2go site, find the class you are interested in, then you can “change school” and see all the courses in your area - or chosen school - that offer that course.  Click on. Few you like and see what they charge.  The prices vary and you can shop around for the exact same online course buy attach your preferred school, or price.  That $125 course at Valley City was $115 at Akron, and $119 and another school.

That is a great idea!

RE: Valley City State University (ND): Ed2Go Graduate PD Credit=$125 - bjcheung77 - 08-29-2022

Basically, the bulk of these are continuing education units or professional development units, they're not for credit unless the college would apply it towards their credit offerings.

RE: Valley City State University (ND): Ed2Go Graduate PD Credit=$125 - Studious - 12-03-2022

I was able to use an Ed2Go Medical Terminology course for my undergrad. It was worth two credits and was transcribed to ACE. Only thing is, when I decided to apply to master's programs this year, I discovered Credly now handled all of ACE's transcripts. After several calls, I could not get anyone from Ed2Go to help me. The rep kept telling me something I already knew: Ed2Go is not a credit-bearing organization. She had no idea about ACE or Valley State or other ways to gain credit via Ed2Go courses.

Luckily, ACE came through and sent the badge directly to Credly.

Lesson learned. From now on, I'll have nontraditional credits such as Ed2Go transcribed directly at a college.

RE: Valley City State University (ND): Ed2Go Graduate PD Credit=$125 - ss20ts - 12-03-2022

(12-03-2022, 12:45 PM)Studious Wrote: I was able to use an Ed2Go Medical Terminology course for my undergrad. It was worth two credits and was transcribed to ACE. Only thing is, when I decided to apply to master's programs this year, I discovered Credly now handled all of ACE's transcripts. After several calls, I could not get anyone from Ed2Go to help me. The rep kept telling me something I already knew: Ed2Go is not a credit-bearing organization. She had no idea about ACE or Valley State or other ways to gain credit via Ed2Go courses.

Luckily, ACE came through and sent the badge directly to Credly.

Lesson learned. From now on, I'll have nontraditional credits such as Ed2Go transcribed directly at a college.

Many ACE providers did not adapt and move onto Credly. They just gave up instead.