Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
2nd Degree with foreign credits - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: 2nd Degree with foreign credits (/Thread-2nd-Degree-with-foreign-credits)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: 2nd Degree with foreign credits - bjcheung77 - 11-26-2019

Bekai88, the cheapest/easiest/fastest option would be find a course from Saylor.org and do the final exam. At $25 it's the bomb! If you want an easy to do course that can be completed in a day, do the $75 Death Investigation course from TEEX, it's not proctored and comes in as Upper Level - since most of your courses are UL anyways. Last but not least, you can take the $39 CSM Learn course for cheap as well, it'll be an overview of Math/Stats.

RE: 2nd Degree with foreign credits - armstrongsubero - 11-26-2019

Thats why I told him do the MIS course...

RE: 2nd Degree with foreign credits - mysonx3 - 11-26-2019

(11-26-2019, 01:29 PM)lacussucceed Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 01:06 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: You should ask about getting the unused Math course into the area of study. I don't think allvia is correct that it's considered remedial - I've got the same course equivalency (MAT-102 - via the College Math CLEP) and it's being used in my degree (though not in the area of study, as I'm not doing a BALS)

Wouldn't that be too much at the 100 level ?
Ah, you are right. I forgot to take into account that it is four credits. My mental math just said that it was two classes, so should be good, but you're right that isn't the case because of the extra credit.

RE: 2nd Degree with foreign credits - Bekai88 - 11-26-2019

Thank you everyone! My evaluation got updated and I need 11 credits in liberal studies. Shouldn’t be a problem. The TEEX I will do.

Is there any way I can test out on German and apply it? I’m fluent so wouldn’t have to study.

Also I live in the US since someone has mentioned where I lived.

RE: 2nd Degree with foreign credits - Learnfordegree - 11-26-2019

(11-26-2019, 09:44 PM)Bekai88 Wrote: Thank you everyone! My evaluation got updated and I need 11 credits in liberal studies. Shouldn’t be a problem. The TEEX I will do.

Is there any way I can test out on German and apply it? I’m fluent so wouldn’t have to study.

Also I live in the US since someone has mentioned where I lived.
You can try to do the OPi test with ACTFL which will probably give you 12 credits for German. The ACE credit is expiring on 11/30/19. I spoke to someone at ACTFL and they said it will be extended till Feb 2020 soon. Check ACE credit extension date, before registering. It is only like $149 for taking the test.

RE: 2nd Degree with foreign credits - PrettyFlyforaChiGuy - 11-27-2019

In addition to the German ACTFL, TEEX series, and CSM Learn that are all mentioned above, the Sophia series of three 1-credit courses can also be completed very rapidly (and for free). I don't know if this helps, but if you happen to have hobbies like being a diver, you can get ACE credits for that as well. Search around in the ACE database and maybe something will turn up for you.

RE: 2nd Degree with foreign credits - Bekai88 - 12-02-2019

So could I just close out my 11 credits with German? Or do they have to come from different courses?

RE: 2nd Degree with foreign credits - bjcheung77 - 12-02-2019

Ja und nein. Ja - if you did the German prior to 11/30/2019 and you would have hit 12 credits. Nein, if you haven't done it yet - you'll have to wait for it to be re-evaluated by ACE. Oh wells, if you're not in a rush, you can take the CLEP for German for 6 to 9 credits, which leaves you with 1 course needed. You can take the courses I recommended for cheap in post #11, and/or take all the free courses here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Free_Sources_of_Credit

RE: 2nd Degree with foreign credits - Bekai88 - 12-02-2019

Ok. Interesting. I was about to register because they confirmed that they are ACE recommended. I’ll go with the other ones then.

RE: 2nd Degree with foreign credits - davewill - 12-03-2019

(12-02-2019, 09:28 PM)Bekai88 Wrote: Ok. Interesting. I was about to register because they confirmed that they are ACE recommended. I’ll go with the other ones then.

If in doubt, check on the ACE website. I just did and the ACTFL courses all seem to be extended to the end of Feb 2020.