Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Walden - New Competency Based Degrees - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Walden - New Competency Based Degrees (/Thread-Walden-New-Competency-Based-Degrees)

Walden - New Competency Based Degrees - bjcheung77 - 11-26-2019

Hey All, was on the Walden webpage and noticed they have a few new Tempo Learning degrees available.  Example MS CJ, I/O Psych, Psychology... it's $2660/term, at 3 months per term.  If you can finish in 3 terms (9 months), it'll be less than 8 grand for a Masters.

Degree Programs Made for You
Tempo Learning® offers the following programs to meet your educational goals:

RE: Walden - New Competency Based Degrees - scout2family - 11-26-2019

Good looking out BJcheung77! I also saw that if you start some of the programs by Dec 2nd AND live in the US-- they have grants available.

RE: Walden - New Competency Based Degrees - PrettyFlyforaChiGuy - 11-26-2019

That's really interesting; I was poking around their website one night ago and the Psychology options weren't posted then. They must be really fresh off the pan. The CJ option has been around for a while, along with its deep discount, so I suspect the same will hold for the Psychology programs while they round up enrollment. They state that all the curriculum isn't available yet, anyway.

I'm an alumni ambassador, so if anyone is curious about Walden programs or would like a referral, feel free to reach out and I'll try my best to help.

RE: Walden - New Competency Based Degrees - jsd - 11-26-2019

Oh great thanks for tempting me with an MS in Psych that i definitely don't need.

RE: Walden - New Competency Based Degrees - mysonx3 - 11-27-2019

(11-26-2019, 10:54 PM)jsd Wrote: Oh great thanks for tempting me with an MS in Psych that i definitely don't need.
Same. I keep telling myself I'm not going to jump into a master's program, but then I keep seeing enticing options like these...

RE: Walden - New Competency Based Degrees - scout2family - 11-27-2019

(11-27-2019, 12:36 AM)mysonx3 Wrote:
(11-26-2019, 10:54 PM)jsd Wrote: Oh great thanks for tempting me with an MS in Psych that i definitely don't need.
Same. I keep telling myself I'm not going to jump into a master's program, but then I keep seeing enticing options like these...

I'm in the same boat! **gah** If the holidays weren't so close I'd likely pull the trigger. Now I'm going to have to lose sleep over this and live with regret over the next couple months! LOL

RE: Walden - New Competency Based Degrees - xspect - 11-27-2019

I already pulled the trigger. I signed up for the MS in I/O psych. I start dec 2. I'll keep you guys posted.

I already pulled the trigger. for <$400/month its kinda a no brainer. I signed up for the MS in I/O psych. I start dec 2. I'll keep you guys posted.

RE: Walden - New Competency Based Degrees - PrettyFlyforaChiGuy - 11-27-2019

Hey, welcome to the program! I've just replied to your message, but feel free to reach out with any questions along the way. We're all wishing you the best.

RE: Walden - New Competency Based Degrees - jsd - 11-27-2019

I'd definitely like to hear more about how the Psych (I/O or General) program looks. Keep us posted, xspect!