Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
SDC CS 109: Intro to Programming to TESU's Programming for BSBA CIS - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: SDC CS 109: Intro to Programming to TESU's Programming for BSBA CIS (/Thread-SDC-CS-109-Intro-to-Programming-to-TESU-s-Programming-for-BSBA-CIS)

SDC CS 109: Intro to Programming to TESU's Programming for BSBA CIS - Mitmike2019 - 11-30-2019

Hello Gang,

Can anyone confirm if SDC's Computer Science 109: Introduction to Programming satisfies TESU's Programming course under the AOS for the BSBA CIS?

RE: SDC CS 109: Intro to Programming to TESU's Programming for BSBA CIS - udi - 11-30-2019

Are you a foreign student? In the past, there was some issue with Intro to Programming for the BA in Computer Science program. I'm not sure if the new-ish Study.com course fixes that, though.

RE: SDC CS 109: Intro to Programming to TESU's Programming for BSBA CIS - Mitmike2019 - 11-30-2019

(11-30-2019, 03:26 PM)udi Wrote: Are you a foreign student? In the past, there was some issue with Intro to Programming for the BA in Computer Science program. I'm not sure if the new-ish Study.com course fixes that, though.

Not a foreign student

RE: SDC CS 109: Intro to Programming to TESU's Programming for BSBA CIS - mysonx3 - 11-30-2019

(11-30-2019, 03:26 PM)udi Wrote: Are you a foreign student? In the past, there was some issue with Intro to Programming for the BA in Computer Science program. I'm not sure if the new-ish Study.com course fixes that, though.

The issue was that OnlineDegree.com (which was at one point the only option available) wasn't open to foreign students. With Study.com having the class, it's now a non-issue.

RE: SDC CS 109: Intro to Programming to TESU's Programming for BSBA CIS - dfrecore - 12-01-2019

I think Intro to Programming works for the CompSci degree, while you need an actual programming language for the BSBA/CIS degree. So instead you could do C, C++, Python, or Java if you wanted to use Study.com.

RE: SDC CS 109: Intro to Programming to TESU's Programming for BSBA CIS - gams007 - 12-01-2019

5 months already past, Im still waiting to retake the introduction to programming at onlinedegree.com and the course is still blocked i have msg them and they do not give any answer.
They even promise that this year they will come with more courses and nothing happens.
Sad Sad Sad

RE: SDC CS 109: Intro to Programming to TESU's Programming for BSBA CIS - AwardTour - 12-01-2019

(11-30-2019, 02:36 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: Hello Gang,

Can anyone confirm if SDC's Computer Science 109: Introduction to Programming satisfies TESU's Programming course under the AOS for the BSBA CIS?

It did transfer for me to fulfill that requirement. However, email TESU first to confirm. This also gives you proof if there are any issues later.

RE: SDC CS 109: Intro to Programming to TESU's Programming for BSBA CIS - bsimi - 12-02-2019

(12-01-2019, 05:52 AM)gams007 Wrote: 5 months already past, Im still waiting to retake the introduction to programming at onlinedegree.com and the course is still blocked i have msg them and they do not give any answer.
They even promise that this year they will come with more courses and nothing happens.
Sad Sad Sad

I believe the reason that they have so many courses "under maintenance" is that they had to stop using the "Great Course" lectures, and now have to rebuild all the courses with their own content (which are boring powerpoints with voiceovers). I suspect that they were using the Great Course videos without permission. 

I took a few of the courses and was so surprised that the videos were from Great Courses, and I wondered why they would allow another company (Online Degree) to stream their propriety content for free when they charged for it on their own platform.  Now that all the Great Course content is removed from Online Degree, it seems likely that Great Courses didn't approve of the use. I wonder about the content they are using from UC Irvine. Did Online Degree get permission for those videos? 

Online Degree courses are still free, but now the content is quite boring.