Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Saylor Courses Expired - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Saylor Courses Expired (/Thread-Saylor-Courses-Expired)

Pages: 1 2

Saylor Courses Expired - gams007 - 11-30-2019

Hi to all i noticed that most Saylor courses has been expired today do you guy's have an idea if it will stays like that.

RE: Saylor Courses Expired - jsd - 12-01-2019

(11-30-2019, 10:27 PM)gams007 Wrote: Hi to all i noticed that most Saylor courses has been expired today do you guy's have an idea if it will stays like that.

It would be pretty shocking if they don't get renewed shortly (or at the very least, extended for a month or so while they work on revamps if necessary).

This isn't that uncommon, and the big providers like Saylor are typically pretty good about renewal.

RE: Saylor Courses Expired - dfrecore - 12-01-2019

Also, they just added several new courses in the last few months, so I can't imagine that they aren't renewing all, or at least most, of their current courses.

RE: Saylor Courses Expired - udi - 12-01-2019

I'm also curious about how this is going to go. I'm waiting to retake one of the exams because my course expired on 11/30 (currently looks like the same on my dashboard, though and I haven't lost progress (yet). I'm hoping the course is going to switch over to the $13 proctor fee. Some new courses are doing exams through Proctorio instead of ProctorU.

Maybe the old courses are going to renew with no changes and you'll still have to take them through ProctorU for $25.

RE: Saylor Courses Expired - gams007 - 12-01-2019

(12-01-2019, 04:42 PM)cookderosa Wrote: they are in the process of renewal per their email to me - you can search here to see it, I posted it but can't remember the thread it was in.

Here is your thread

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-New-Saylor-Courses-Available-for-Credit?pid=299567#pid299567

RE: Saylor Courses Expired - udi - 12-02-2019

So, for people who don't pay attention to expiration dates, what happens if they go in and take an exam on a course with the exam available, yet is expired as far as ACE is concerned?

RE: Saylor Courses Expired - dfrecore - 12-02-2019

(12-02-2019, 12:32 PM)udi Wrote: So, for people who don't pay attention to expiration dates, what happens if they go in and take an exam on a course with the exam available, yet is expired as far as ACE is concerned?

It depends on what ACE does.  If they were to take it today, it would probably not be available to transfer to their ACE transcript.  BUT, if ACE backdates them (which they usually do), then once that's updated in their database, you can add it.  If they don't backdate, then you'd have to retake the exam.

My guess is they'll backdate.

RE: Saylor Courses Expired - gams007 - 12-03-2019

I got a response from Saylor regarding the computer science courses i noticed that all of them expired already the only one available is C++ and they said  this.

"
Jeff Davidson (Saylor Academy)
Dec 2, 22:59 EST
Hello!  Yes, we are going to try to get them renewed but with the holidays it may take until the end of January to learn if ACE is going to renew them. Please check back then and we hope we have some courses that can help you!

Regards,
Jeff Davidson    "

RE: Saylor Courses Expired - gams007 - 01-09-2020

(12-03-2019, 05:09 AM)gams007 Wrote: I got a response from Saylor regarding the computer science courses i noticed that all of them expired already the only one available is C++ and they said  this.

"
Hello!  Yes, we are going to try to get them renewed but with the holidays it may take until the end of January to learn if ACE is going to renew them. Please check back then and we hope we have some courses that can help you!

Regards,
Jeff Davidson    "

I want to know if Saylor is still using proctorio for the proctoring Im going to do the C++ course and it seams the they are going to use the ProctorU account, also any notice regarding the expired courses?
Can some one confirm that please.

RE: Saylor Courses Expired - udi - 01-09-2020

(01-09-2020, 09:12 AM)gams007 Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 05:09 AM)gams007 Wrote: I got a response from Saylor regarding the computer science courses i noticed that all of them expired already the only one available is C++ and they said  this.

"

Regards,
Jeff Davidson    "

I want to know if Saylor is still using proctorio for the proctoring Im going to do the C++ course and it seams the they are going to use the ProctorU account, also any notice regarding the expired courses?
Can some one confirm that please.
Yeah ... Something weird is going on with Saylor. The C++ course was using Proctorio for a few weeks for the $13 in the syllabus. Now ProctorU is back for the $25 option I guess. I think by 'if', they might have just meant that it's possible ACE won't renew the courses, but I'm sure they don't expect it. I really hope it gets fixed soon because I'm going to be moving soon and I won't get anything done for a while.