Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Sophia Info technology - Why? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Sophia Info technology - Why? (/Thread-Sophia-Info-technology-Why)

Sophia Info technology - Why? - SCYankee - 12-05-2019

Hello,

This is a weird post, but please help.

I purchased 5 courses a while back during the Sophia sale. I have finished two, and I see 'Intro to Information Technology" on the list still. I've been really busy, and my head's a little foggy about all this, but I'm not sure if I meant to pick that. I certainly need to redo English Comp because the CLEP I took years ago didn't have the essay, and everybody wants the essay version. (So maybe I mistakenly chose Info Tech instead of English Comp?)

So here's the question. My plan is a TECU BSBA. Do I need "Intro to Info Technology" for that? Why would it be necessary, or what would it transfer as?

If not, then I must have made a mistake, and meant to pick English Comp, and hopefully they can switch it.

Thanks.

RE: Sophia Info technology - Why? - Zachcleigh - 12-05-2019

This class should come into TESU as CIS 110.
For the BSBA you need: "Computer Concepts and Applications/Introduction to Computers/CIS"
There are a number of different classes that satisfy this requirement (I took COS 101).

I'm not positive that CIS 110 satisfies the requirement, but I believe it does. I would either wait for someone who can confirm or contact stusupport at TESU and ask them. Never hurts to get clarification from the school.

RE: Sophia Info technology - Why? - dfrecore - 12-05-2019

It should work for the BSBA Core, as SL's IT101: Information Technology Fundamentals works for it.

TESU brings in the CLEP w/o essay as English Comp I. Whatever you do, do NOT retake English Comp I, as you already have credit for that. Instead, if you want credit for English Comp II, there are a bunch of ways to get credit for that: 1) if you want it for free, you can always take Modern States and then take the CLEP w/essay this time around for a full 6cr; 2) if you want a multiple-choice only option, you can take the Advanced Comp DSST exam; 3) or you can take a course/exam via TECEP exam, Davar, SL, Study.com, Coopersmith, etc.

RE: Sophia Info technology - Why? - TwinMom - 12-05-2019

(12-05-2019, 12:48 PM)SCYankee Wrote: Hello,

This is a weird post, but please help.

I purchased 5 courses a while back during the Sophia sale. I have finished two, and I see 'Intro to Information Technology" on the list still. I've been really busy, and my head's a little foggy about all this, but I'm not sure if I meant to pick that. I certainly need to redo English Comp because the CLEP I took years ago didn't have the essay, and everybody wants the essay version. (So maybe I mistakenly chose Info Tech instead of English Comp?)

So here's the question. My plan is a TECU BSBA. Do I need "Intro to Info Technology" for that? Why would it be necessary, or what would it transfer as?

If not, then I must have made a mistake, and meant to pick English Comp, and hopefully they can switch it.

Thanks.

If you do decide to switch it as long as you haven't started OR it's within 30 days of starting they will switch it for you no problem

RE: Sophia Info technology - Why? - SCYankee - 12-05-2019

@Zachcleigh - Come to think of it, that's probably why I chose it.

@Dfrecore - Thanks for the advice. I think I'll resolve myself to taking the CLEP again, w/ essay this time. At least it's free that way.