Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Saylor updates pages to include expired courses - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Saylor updates pages to include expired courses (/Thread-Saylor-updates-pages-to-include-expired-courses)

Saylor updates pages to include expired courses - udi - 12-12-2019

https://www.saylor.org/credit/

I really hope they get this fixed and think it's weird that they aren't on top of this. Anyone who needs computer science courses is going to be stuck for who knows how long. I may end up having to take two exams somewhere else.

RE: Saylor updates pages to include expired courses - dfrecore - 12-12-2019

They are in the process of renewing (previous post) but they are not always in control of how quickly ACE gets these done.

RE: Saylor updates pages to include expired courses - udi - 12-13-2019

(12-12-2019, 06:16 PM)cookderosa Wrote: Since we have a dedicated thread, it's worth sharing the 3 that expire this month too:

Current ACE evaluation expires on 12/31/2019

Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Environmental Ethics, Justice, and World Views

Yeah, I want to take the Macroeconomics course, but I don't think I'll be ready. I really hope they get this sorted out.

RE: Saylor updates pages to include expired courses - nilahti2 - 12-15-2019

Saylor offers English Composition II on their website. However, I do not see where ACE is giving credit for their course. Is this part of their renewing issue or does English Comp II not transfer to COSC? Please advise. Thank you in advance.

RE: Saylor updates pages to include expired courses - dfrecore - 12-15-2019

(12-15-2019, 04:57 PM)nilahti2 Wrote: Saylor offers English Composition II on their website.  However, I do not see where ACE is giving credit for their course.  Is this part of their renewing issue or does English Comp II not transfer to COSC?  Please advise.  Thank you in advance.

It's not been ACE-recommended for college credit yet.  Saylor has TONS of non-ACE courses, so make sure they're on ACE before doing them.

RE: Saylor updates pages to include expired courses - nilahti2 - 12-15-2019

(12-15-2019, 07:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 04:57 PM)nilahti2 Wrote: Saylor offers English Composition II on their website.  However, I do not see where ACE is giving credit for their course.  Is this part of their renewing issue or does English Comp II not transfer to COSC?  Please advise.  Thank you in advance.

It's not been ACE-recommended for college credit yet.  Saylor has TONS of non-ACE courses, so make sure they're on ACE before doing them.

Yeah.  I suppose that I am finding out the hard way.  Because I completed the course today and earned the certificate.  But I went to ACE and it is not there.  So, not sure what to do with this certificate.

RE: Saylor updates pages to include expired courses - dfrecore - 12-16-2019

(12-15-2019, 07:33 PM)nilahti2 Wrote:
(12-15-2019, 07:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Yeah.  I suppose that I am finding out the hard way.  Because I completed the course today and earned the certificate.  But I went to ACE and it is not there.  So, not sure what to do with this certificate.

None of the Big 3 takes those certificates, you have to have it on your ACE transcript.  I might wait to see if they get it ACE-approved and then try it again.

RE: Saylor updates pages to include expired courses - nilahti2 - 12-16-2019

Will I need to do the whole course again or simply submit my certificate to ACE if it becomes acceptable to ACE?

RE: Saylor updates pages to include expired courses - jsd - 12-16-2019

You'd have to take the final exam within the ACE reccomendation window. You wouldn't have to do the whole course at least, just the exam.