Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Mysonx3's Law School Thread - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Mysonx3's Law School Thread (/Thread-Mysonx3-s-Law-School-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Mysonx3's Law School Thread - jsd - 01-27-2020

happy to learn that i could help in a small way on your path, even if it was an off-hand remark. i was considering a JD for a while, and have family and friends in the field, so i have a little familiarity with the process.

i wish you the best and know you're going to nail it, and look forward to watching how it plays out for you.

RE: Mysonx3's Law School Thread - mysonx3 - 02-07-2020

Two more practice test scores to report: last Thursday, I scored a 176 (perfect on Logic Games, three wrong on Logical Reasoning, three wrong on Reading Comprehension). I was feeling a bit down about how my last two scores were both lower than my previous two, but I made an adjustment (or, more accurately, undid an adjustment that was recommended to me which ended up being unhelpful) on Logical Reasoning. Combining that with some luck led to...

TODAY I GOT MY FIRST 180 (PERFECT SCORE) ON A PRACTICE TEST!!

It feels so good to know that I can score that, even if I still have a lot of work to do to make it a likely scenario. 52 days until the test!

RE: Mysonx3's Law School Thread - SweetSecret - 02-07-2020

Remind us, what were you scoring on prep tests when you started? How long have you been studying? What materials did you use?

I obviously need to take a few clues from you.

Fantastic work! That is NOT an easy score at all!

RE: Mysonx3's Law School Thread - bjcheung77 - 02-07-2020

Bravo! That's great! Practice makes perfect. I'm no subject expert to the LSAT or anything remotely "Law". But...
I myself like to "inculcate" the material when I try to learn something i'm really interested in and try to retain the info.

RE: Mysonx3's Law School Thread - mysonx3 - 02-08-2020

(02-07-2020, 11:39 PM)SweetSecret Wrote: Remind us, what were you scoring on prep tests when you started? How long have you been studying? What materials did you use?

I obviously need to take a few clues from you.

Fantastic work! That is NOT an easy score at all!

My initial diagnostic score (in August) was a 169. I took another after just a bit of studying in September, and scored a 167 on that one. Then I took a couple months (mostly) off, and picked up again around Christmas/New Year's. This was my fifth PT since then (seventh overall).

As for materials, I used the PowerScore Logic Games Bible at the start, and then at Christmas I bought a 7Sage membership. Mostly it's just been doing practice questions that has helped me - I got the gist of things pretty easily without needing to be "taught", I just needed to practice actually doing it in the allotted time.

RE: Mysonx3's Law School Thread - mysonx3 - 02-12-2020

So, as alluded to earlier in this thread, JSD made a comment on some thread ~18 months ago that tipped me off about the requirements to have a GPA show on your law school applications. I read over those requirements probably 100 times, but I've still been dreading the possibility that I misunderstood and would have to apply without a GPA showing (due to all my ACE/NCCRS credit).

Well, today I got the email that my transcripts have been processed by the Law School Admission Council, and they officially calculated a GPA! I will be applying with a 4.0!

RE: Mysonx3's Law School Thread - SweetSecret - 02-15-2020

Okay, now I am jealous on two accounts! Congratulations though! Keep us updated as you start to apply to schools.

RE: Mysonx3's Law School Thread - jsd - 02-15-2020

(02-12-2020, 03:07 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: So, as alluded to earlier in this thread, JSD made a comment on some thread ~18 months ago that tipped me off about the requirements to have a GPA show on your law school applications. I read over those requirements probably 100 times, but I've still been dreading the possibility that I misunderstood and would have to apply without a GPA showing (due to all my ACE/NCCRS credit).

Well, today I got the email that my transcripts have been processed by the Law School Admission Council, and they officially calculated a GPA! I will be applying with a 4.0!

You're going to knock the LSAT out of the park and your going to have some amazing numbers on those applications

RE: Mysonx3's Law School Thread - mysonx3 - 03-17-2020

Update: While I was initially slated to take the LSAT on the 30th of this month, that has been canceled due to the coronavirus, and I'm now slated to take the test on April 25th, if that administration is not also canceled.

RE: Mysonx3's Law School Thread - jsd - 03-17-2020

Bummer. Well, more forced prep time, I suppose!