Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
a couple questions/suggestions on wrapping up my degree/ study.com discount referral - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: a couple questions/suggestions on wrapping up my degree/ study.com discount referral (/Thread-a-couple-questions-suggestions-on-wrapping-up-my-degree-study-com-discount-referral)

a couple questions/suggestions on wrapping up my degree/ study.com discount referral - Forgiven - 12-31-2019

Hey Guys, I always find it appropriate to say thank you for all the help this forum provides, and thank you for making going back to school possible for me. I have just a few classes left.  its for 

Tesu BSBA General management degree.

Computer Concepts and Applications/Introduction to Computer/CIS
Introduction to Marketing
Principal of Finance
Business in Society or International Management

I am between saylor and Study.com, leaning towards study.com to attain these credits. I haven't used any of them in the past and just wanted to make sure study.com is the best choice for these classes. Also, the incentives to take tesu credit seem to have diminished. it seems there are refferal codes for a study.com discount. if anyone has a referral code they could send me it would help me out a lot.

and in the "Area of Study:General Management", I have 3 left (I took the three that Straighterline offers) I was considering Davar which seems to be what people recommend. let me know if I'm on the right track here.  thanks again

RE: a couple questions/suggestions on wrapping up my degree/ study.com discount referral - zebra cow - 12-31-2019

(12-31-2019, 08:03 PM)Forgiven Wrote: Hey Guys, I always find it appropriate to say thank you for all the help this forum provides, and thank you for making going back to school possible for me. I have just a few classes left.  its for 

Principal of Finance

I am between saylor and Study.com, leaning towards study.com to attain these credits. I haven't used any of them in the past and just wanted to make sure study.com is the best choice for these classes. Also, the incentives to take tesu credit seem to have diminished. it seems there are refferal codes for a study.com discount. if anyone has a referral code they could send me it would help me out a lot.

and in the "Area of Study:General Management", I have 3 left (I took the three that Straighterline offers) I was considering Davar which seems to be what people recommend. let me know if I'm on the right track here.  thanks again

I took principals of finance, intro to marketing and intro to computers all on study.com. I finished all three of them in less than a week. I don't want to say they are easy classes because I think difficulty is subjective but I would say for me personally these classes were a 2 or 3 out of 10.

RE: a couple questions/suggestions on wrapping up my degree/ study.com discount referral - Mitmike2019 - 12-31-2019

(12-31-2019, 08:03 PM)Forgiven Wrote: Hey Guys, I always find it appropriate to say thank you for all the help this forum provides, and thank you for making going back to school possible for me. I have just a few classes left.  its for 

Principal of Finance

Here is a 20% off code: REFER20

If you private message me your email address, I can send you a referral link. You get $20 off.  With these two discounts, your membership cost, will drop to $139

I completed these classes last month at study.com and I really enjoyed their method of teaching. Not too difficult either.
Introduction to Marketing----------at SDC-------------------Business 102: Principles of Marketing

Principal of Finance-----------------at SDC --------------Finance 101: Principles of Finance

Business in Society or International Management------------at SDC-- Business 308: Globalization & International Management

Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications--------------at SDC --- CIS-103 Intro to Computer Info Systems

Good luck

RE: a couple questions/suggestions on wrapping up my degree/ study.com discount referral - udi - 12-31-2019

Do intro to computers last. If you run out of time, you can take it for $25 at Saylor.

RE: a couple questions/suggestions on wrapping up my degree/ study.com discount referral - dfrecore - 01-01-2020

Saylor doesn't have International Business, so you couldn't take it there if you wanted.

I would say that if you have to take that at Study.com, then you should at least take 1 more course there (since you're paying for it anyway).

There are also other options; CLEP for some, Davar or others.

RE: a couple questions/suggestions on wrapping up my degree/ study.com discount referral - Mitmike2019 - 01-01-2020

(12-31-2019, 08:58 PM)zebra cow Wrote:

Principal of Finance

I took principals of finance, intro to marketing and intro to computers all on study.com. I finished all three of them in less than a week. I don't want to say they are easy classes because I think difficulty is subjective but I would say for me personally these classes were a 2 or 3 out of 10.
Check you private messages, I sent you a referral code to the email you provided.

RE: a couple questions/suggestions on wrapping up my degree/ study.com discount referral - davewill - 01-01-2020

The study.com discount is still worth it, you should definitely use them for at least two courses.