Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore (/Thread-TESU-not-accepting-a-slew-of-Study-com-computer-courses-anymore)

Pages: 1 2 3

TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore - jsh1138 - 03-07-2020

Beginning on April 1st, 2020, Thomas Edison State University will no longer be accepting transfer of the following Study.com courses:
Computer Science 107: Database Fundamentals
Computer Science 108: Introduction to Networking
Computer Science 202: Network and System Security
Computer Science 204: Database Programming
Computer Science 331: Cybersecurity Risk Analysis Management
Computer Science 332: Cybersecurity Policies and Management

In order to transfer the credit for any of the courses listed above, you must complete the courses by no later than March 31, 2020.

Just fyi

TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore - ROYISAGIRL - 03-07-2020

Jeeze they're just getting rid of everything

RE: TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore - bjcheung77 - 03-07-2020

Oh dear, hopefully, its not everything - Lucky it's just those computer courses which is used for TESU's BSIT, other programs such as BSBA CIS or the BACS should be unaffected. I think the Big 3 are making things more strict to follow accreditation rules, this is similar to COSC no longer taking many of the NCCRS, I wonder if they would drop Onlinedegree.com as well. I sense Excelsior is coming up with something too, oh the horror!

RE: TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore - TwinMom - 03-07-2020

(03-07-2020, 12:05 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh dear, hopefully, its not everything - Lucky it's just those computer courses which is used for TESU's BSIT, other programs such as BSBA CIS or the BACS should be unaffected.   I think the Big 3 are making things more strict to follow accreditation rules, this is similar to COSC no longer taking many of the NCCRS, I wonder if they would drop Onlinedegree.com as well.  I sense Excelsior is coming up with something too, oh the horror!

Well that sucks! Some of those were classes we were planning on taking for the ASNSM in Computer Sci degree. Sad

RE: TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore - jsd - 03-07-2020

TESU is really trying hard to lose its Big 3 status, isn't it?

RE: TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore - jsh1138 - 03-07-2020

well the good news is that there's still time to get a few of them done. with Shmoop there wasn't really any warning at all

RE: TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore - terryd5150 - 03-08-2020

WGU, APUS, & SNHU are becoming more attractive options with each passing day.

TESU, in particular, seems to be interested in cutting the nose right off its own face....

RE: TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore - jsh1138 - 03-08-2020

I got a degree from TESU and I would get 3 more from there if they'd let me. Probably this stuff with Study.com will just cause some sort of reshuffle on the courses and then they'll all be accepted again, I would imagine.

I think WGU is a great option too though.

TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore - harrypotter - 03-08-2020

Wow... this is incredibly disappointing. Shame on TESU

RE: TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore - CarpeDiem8 - 03-08-2020

I can only imagine what will be announced with tuition changes and the like once June comes around!