Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
ASU credit for $99 until 08-17-2020! - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+---- Forum: Free Courses and Certificates and Good Deals (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Free-Courses-and-Certificates-and-Good-Deals)
+---- Thread: ASU credit for $99 until 08-17-2020! (/Thread-ASU-credit-for-99-until-08-17-2020)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

ASU credit for $99 until 08-17-2020! - Sapientes - 03-22-2020

Got an email from ASU about this today. All credits earned are on an official ASU transcript. This offer expires 08-17-2020.

"In this time, when the world faces unique challenges, ASU wants to help you begin or continue your progress toward an undergraduate degree by offering a scholarship toward one of our online open courses. As part of our commitment to supporting the success of the communities we serve, we are temporarily adjusting the cost of these courses from $400 to $99 until August 17, 2020. We invite you to explore and choose from a selection of our open courses, all available online. Begin making progress toward your undergraduate degree."

Here's the link for more information or to view their courses.
https://ea.asu.edu/

RE: ASU credit for $99 until 08-17-2020! - terryd5150 - 03-22-2020

Precalculus. *thumbs-up*

RE: ASU credit for $99 until 08-17-2020! - bluebooger - 03-22-2020

do you know how exams work in these courses ?

WGU has cancelled all proctoring (actually the service they use has cancelled)
https://www.reddit.com/r/WGU/comments/fn3erw/assessments_temporarily_suspended/

so I'm wondering how the ASU courses will handle exams and proctoring

RE: ASU credit for $99 until 08-17-2020! - dfrecore - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 02:01 PM)bluebooger Wrote: do you know how exams work in these courses ?

WGU has cancelled all proctoring (actually the service they use has cancelled)                    
https://www.reddit.com/r/WGU/comments/fn3erw/assessments_temporarily_suspended/

so I'm wondering how the ASU courses will handle exams and proctoring

ProctorU is still working.  RPNow may be as well.  So there are other options.

(03-22-2020, 02:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote: ProctorU is still working.  RPNow may be as well.  So there are other options.

thanks                 
do you know which service study.com uses and if they're still up

(03-22-2020, 02:08 PM)bluebooger Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 02:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote: ProctorU is still working.  RPNow may be as well.  So there are other options.

thanks                 
do you know which service study.com uses and if they're still up

I think they use RPNow.  Haven't heard that there's a problem, but I will ask.

RE: ASU credit for $99 until 08-17-2020! - natshar - 03-22-2020

Actually they aren't $99. They are FREE!! You pay the $99 after you pass to convert it to College Credit. This is pretty cool because people can try out a course and if they don't like it or fail they aren't out anything. There is no money to be paid upfront.

The only annoying thing this is you have to pay to convert the course by August 17th. Which means you have to finish before then. The problem is a lot of the courses aren't available to start until after August 17th or wouldn't be done by August 17th to pay the $99.

Because of the August 17th deadline the offer can only be used for the following 5 courses:

College Algebra (self-paced)
Pre Calc (self-paced)
English Comp I (8 wks June 9th start)
Human Origins (8 wks June 9th start)
Health and Wellness (8 wks June 9th start)

Or anyone enrolled in ASU EA course with a previous start date.

Still a good deal though. $100 for RA graded credit is an absolute steal. This is the best kind of transfer credit RA 4-yr Univesity credit will probably be accepted at almost any school. Do all 5 and you got 15 credits for $500 that's crazy! Additionally, you could have to pay $20 to send transcripts to school of your choice.

This post was all my own research, I did not contact ASU. Maybe ASU will let you pay ahead for the courses with August 18th start date, in that case, this offer would apply to more courses.

well, never mind
all the courses I'm interested in start August 18
I'm sure the discount will still apply, but there are other options that won't make me wait so long

(03-22-2020, 02:20 PM)natshar Wrote: Actually they aren't $99. They are FREE!! You pay the $99 after you pass to convert it to College Credit. This is pretty cool because people can try out a course and if they don't like it or fail they aren't out anything. There is no money to be paid upfront.

The only annoying thing this is you have to pay to convert the course by August 17th. Which means you have to finish before then. The problem is a lot of the courses aren't available to start until after August  17th or wouldn't be done by August 17th to pay the $99.

Because of the August 17th deadline the offer can only be used for the following 5 courses:

Pre Calc (self-paced)

Still a good deal though. $100 for RA graded credit is an absolute steal. This is the best kind of transfer credit RA 4-yr Univesity credit will probably be accepted at almost any school. Do all 5 and you got 15 credits for $500 that's crazy! Additionally, you could have to pay $20 to send transcripts to school of your choice.

This post was all my own research, I did not contact ASU. Maybe ASU will let you pay ahead for the courses with August 18th start date, in that case, this offer would apply to more courses.

They aren't free, they are $25 to enroll.  The $99 is the amount you pay AFTER you get your grade to add to your transcript, so I'm thinking that they purposefully meant to have that deadline date as it was - so that a (relatively) few people can take advantage of this.  Total cost is $124/course.

Since my son is taking English Comp I (March 17 start date, we enrolled before all of this happened), he's on there daily, and they've added a few courses that are self-paced: English Comp I, Brief Calculus, and Calculus for Engineering majors.  There are also a bunch of courses that started on 3/17 that look like you can sign up late for, and those are all 8-week courses.

So again, it's $25 to take the course, and then $99 to get it put on a transcript AFTER you complete the course, deadline 8/17; or $400 to get it put on a transcript if you complete the course AFTER 8/17.

RE: ASU credit for $99 until 08-17-2020! - ROYISAGIRL - 03-22-2020

(03-22-2020, 02:20 PM)natshar Wrote: Actually they aren't $99. They are FREE!! You pay the $99 after you pass to convert it to College Credit. This is pretty cool because people can try out a course and if they don't like it or fail they aren't out anything. There is no money to be paid upfront.

The only annoying thing this is you have to pay to convert the course by August 17th. Which means you have to finish before then. The problem is a lot of the courses aren't available to start until after August 17th or wouldn't be done by August 17th to pay the $99.

Pre Calc (self-paced)

I was looking at those dates too.