Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Study.com Grading Time... - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Study.com Grading Time... (/Thread-Study-com-Grading-Time)

Study.com Grading Time... - shoost - 03-27-2020

I've got 2 classes left on Study.com, History 311 which I sent in my last assignment (which I asked to skip because I had enough points already with final + the other two assignments) on February 28. Final was taken before I sent the last assignment to so I just asked for them to go ahead and skip the third assignment and give me my final grade.

I still haven't heard anything back from them. I've also put in a customer support ticket on the 20th and no response to that in 5 days. I've now called and left a message because their phone line doesn't even let you hold and wait for an actual person.

This is crazy, every other class I have never had delays like this. The most I have had to wait (I always do wait generally) was like the max they say, two weeks. I don't even know what to do because it's kind of infuriating to not even get a single response from them while still paying $200 per month. 

And on my other class, Sociology 305, I've sent in one assignment, working on the next assignment and will have to wait for the first assignment to be graded. Based on my other class I feel like I'm in for a long wait. 

Any advice? Suggestions? Shoulder to cry on?  Angry

In the meantime, I start my capstone at TESU on Monday so I guess that is good news.

RE: Study.com Grading Time... - dfrecore - 03-27-2020

I don't think you can skip an assignment, you have to upload something in order for it to trigger a grade. But that's just a guess based on what I've seen here in the past.

RE: Study.com Grading Time... - shoost - 03-27-2020

(03-27-2020, 05:03 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I don't think you can skip an assignment, you have to upload something in order for it to trigger a grade.

By skipping it I mean I sent in a essay that just said my name and "I would like to skip this assignment and move on to the grade, please." Which I have done before for another class with them and it worked fine.

RE: Study.com Grading Time... - lacussucceed - 03-27-2020

Keep calling them.

RE: Study.com Grading Time... - shoost - 03-27-2020

(03-27-2020, 05:07 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Keep calling them.

Good advice, called them again and managed to speak to someone who took down my information to escalate it. Hopefully will hear back soon!

RE: Study.com Grading Time... - bjcheung77 - 03-29-2020

(03-27-2020, 05:18 PM)shoost Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 05:07 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Keep calling them.

Good advice, called them again and managed to speak to someone who took down my information to escalate it. Hopefully will hear back soon!

I think almost every company is bogged down and their staff working remotely or half staffed. Hopefully some resolution comes soon for you. For me, Study.com never actually took longer than a week average.

RE: Study.com Grading Time... - weightsrheavy - 04-03-2020

Open another ticket. If you have an advisor, put them on your dashboard and ask the advisor to open a ticket.

RE: Study.com Grading Time... - SteveFoerster - 04-03-2020

(03-29-2020, 03:24 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I think almost every company is bogged down and their staff working remotely or half staffed.  Hopefully some resolution comes soon for you.  For me, Study.com never actually took longer than a week average.

That, and imagine how much more popular they've become in the last few weeks, so it's a double tap.

RE: Study.com Grading Time... - shoost - 04-03-2020

Just received grade so everything is all good now. Smile