Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
How much left to walk at Excelsior? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: How much left to walk at Excelsior? (/Thread-How-much-left-to-walk-at-Excelsior)

How much left to walk at Excelsior? - Ronin - 03-13-2008

Hey...does anyone know how many credits you can have left to graduate to walk across stage at graduation? I want to walk this July, but I'm 12 credits short of graduation!

How much left to walk at Excelsior? - ShotoJuku - 03-13-2008

Two years ago I was told....ZERO; I was down to only needing 2 math credits too.....Sad

How much left to walk at Excelsior? - Gary - 03-13-2008

Ronin Wrote:Hey...does anyone know how many credits you can have left to graduate to walk across stage at graduation? I want to walk this July, but I'm 12 credits short of graduation!
Credits??? $250.00 probably gets you a reserved seat in the front row. They are always asking for money. I rec'd my Associates from them and they keep in contact like a long lost uncle. You'd think I'd come into money. Good luck Ronin, hope you get what your looking for. PS. I grew up close to there, don't walk around with change, the chinging attracts the wildlife.

How much left to walk at Excelsior? - Greggy_D - 03-14-2008

Personally, (and this is my own opinion) I don't think ANYONE should walk unless they FINISH their degree. I've never understood walking when you are 9, 12, or even 2 credits short. You haven't earned your degree yet.

I work with a fella that is attending Univeristy of Phoenix. Last June, he walked in the Graduation Ceremony at Ford Field in Detroit. He was 9 credits short. Guess what......it is now March and he is STILL 9 credits short.

Hopefully I'll finish mine by the end of April or mid-May. If I do not make the cutoff, so be it. I'll walk in 2009 then.

How much left to walk at Excelsior? - Gary - 03-14-2008

Greggy_D Wrote:Personally, (and this is my own opinion) I don't think ANYONE should walk unless they FINISH their degree. I've never understood walking when you are 9, 12, or even 2 credits short. You haven't earned your degree yet.

I work with a fella that is attending Univeristy of Phoenix. Last June, he walked in the Graduation Ceremony at Ford Field in Detroit. He was 9 credits short. Guess what......it is now March and he is STILL 9 credits short.

Hopefully I'll finish mine by the end of April or mid-May. If I do not make the cutoff, so be it. I'll walk in 2009 then.
I agree, I wouldn't feel like I earned it, hey, I didn't earn it. That should be for the "collective sigh" group. You haven't sighed yet!

How much left to walk at Excelsior? - Gary - 03-14-2008

I understand and can see your point. Really, the walk (at least to me) is secondary to getting the degree. It means a lot to some and I can understand that, to me I just want to sit back once I get it. Maybe I'll change my mind, but I'm tired from school and just look forward to being done. I'm older and that may be why also.