Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Cosc BSBA capstone - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: COSC - Charter Oak State College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-COSC-Charter-Oak-State-College-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Cosc BSBA capstone (/Thread-Cosc-BSBA-capstone)

Pages: 1 2

Cosc BSBA capstone - Clepking100 - 05-15-2020

Has anyone completed this? Can anyone give some pointers on what to expect or workliad?

RE: Cosc BSBA capstone - LongRoad - 05-16-2020

I, too, would like to know more about this as I plan to enroll in COSC at some point. My plan is a general business degree.

RE: Cosc BSBA capstone - withrown - 05-16-2020

I'm finished with it tomorrow, Smile ! Anyway, no real pitfalls this class is just as written in the online syllabus. Grading is by the rubric.... as long as you hit every question in your papers even if only briefly you'll get a 90% or above. Discussion posts are annoying but, as long as you make valid point you'll get an A on it. All assignments are open when you start so in theory you could finish everything other than the group assignments the first week if you wanted. Essentially, with this class you know all the answers from previous study now it's just time to write them down.

I have no doubt that both of y'all will get through this course!

RE: Cosc BSBA capstone - Clepking100 - 05-16-2020

How bad are the group projects?

RE: Cosc BSBA capstone - withrown - 05-16-2020

Not bad at all. The papers don't have to be long. If anybody in your group just doesn't do anything let the instructor know.

RE: Cosc BSBA capstone - Crz_flx - 05-24-2020

Thanks withrown for the information. I’m taking this June semester so I was concerned about the workload as well.

Is there a lot of reading required such as essentially the whole book or is it chapter specific?

RE: Cosc BSBA capstone - withrown - 05-26-2020

(05-24-2020, 11:47 PM)Crz_flx Wrote: Thanks withrown for the information. I’m taking this June semester so I was concerned about the workload as well.

Is there a lot of reading required such as essentially the whole book or is it chapter specific?

Yes and no. You can read all the chapters and cases or you can just google search the discussion questions and you'll find a lot a great articles you can quote in your posts. Most of the discussion topics are well known and documented so there is wealth of information out there. You may be able to get away with not buying/renting the textbook but, it was very helpful for the first group assignment.

RE: Cosc BSBA capstone - Clepking100 - 08-18-2020

U can do this wirhout the textbook. Finished with an A. Read your classmates post to get the general idea of the topic

yes its a lot of writing but easy topics

RE: Cosc BSBA capstone - nilahti2 - 08-19-2020

I need this as my last course. I went to register and there was no seats left. Does anyone know if it is possible for the counselor to add you in? I do not see a waitlist. I do not want to have to wait until next spring especially as I just got hit with the $295 student fee for fall.

RE: Cosc BSBA capstone - Clepking100 - 08-19-2020

Wow, I've never heard of that happening, not sure.