Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Can you Retake Classes?? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Can you Retake Classes?? (/Thread-Can-you-Retake-Classes)

Pages: 1 2

Can you Retake Classes?? - tls7291 - 05-21-2020

Does anyone know if Sophia, Study.com and StarighterLine allow you to retake a course if you don't pass???

RE: Can you Retake Classes?? - akr680 - 05-21-2020

(05-21-2020, 04:27 PM)tls7291 Wrote: Does anyone know if Sophia, Study.com and StarighterLine allow you to retake a course if you don't pass???

StarighterLine - They give free of cost. I failed precalculus.

RE: Can you Retake Classes?? - rachel83az - 05-21-2020

I think someone on here posted that they were able to retake a Sophia course that they didn't pass the first time. But I could be misremembering the situation.

RE: Can you Retake Classes?? - ctcarl - 05-21-2020

(05-21-2020, 04:27 PM)tls7291 Wrote: Does anyone know if Sophia, Study.com and StarighterLine allow you to retake a course if you don't pass???

What I've seen suggested on Sophia's website is that if you fail a course, you should either email or chat with the support team, and they will reset a Challenge or Milestone as needed for you to retake it for a passing grade.

Here's a DF link that seems to suggest that's not a problem: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-Failed-Sophia-Course

RE: Can you Retake Classes?? - LevelUP - 05-21-2020

study.com you can retake the quizzes or final twice.

RE: Can you Retake Classes?? - NoStudentNoCry - 05-21-2020

(05-21-2020, 04:45 PM)ctcarl Wrote: What I've seen suggested on Sophia's website is that if you fail a course, you should either email or chat with the support team, and they will reset a Challenge or Milestone as needed for you to retake it for a passing grade.

That's correct. I failed Greek Philosophers (ugh.. I hated that class) and they reset milestone for me.

RE: Can you Retake Classes?? - ctcarl - 05-21-2020

(05-21-2020, 05:29 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 04:45 PM)ctcarl Wrote: What I've seen suggested on Sophia's website is that if you fail a course, you should either email or chat with the support team, and they will reset a Challenge or Milestone as needed for you to retake it for a passing grade.

That's correct. I failed Greek Philosophers (ugh.. I hated that class) and they reset milestone for me.

Ah.  Obviously not a Monty Python fan.  "The Philosopher's Song" got me through that course.  Intro to Ethics, too.

RE: Can you Retake Classes?? - Cofffeee - 05-21-2020

For Sophia: you can retake Mile stone once. If you fail, you have to wait 30 days before taking the course again

RE: Can you Retake Classes?? - NoStudentNoCry - 05-22-2020

(05-21-2020, 06:02 PM)ctcarl Wrote: Ah.  Obviously not a Monty Python fan.  "The Philosopher's Song" got me through that course.  Intro to Ethics, too.

I hated Intro to Ethics too. All that philosophical stuff is just a white noise for me.
I have an idea - Sophia should put info that The Philosopher's Song is pre-requisite to these two classes  Idea

RE: Can you Retake Classes?? - tls7291 - 05-23-2020

(05-22-2020, 05:53 AM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
(05-21-2020, 06:02 PM)ctcarl Wrote: Ah.  Obviously not a Monty Python fan.  "The Philosopher's Song" got me through that course.  Intro to Ethics, too.

I hated Intro to Ethics too. All that philosophical stuff is just a white noise for me.
I have an idea - Sophia should put info that The Philosopher's Song is pre-requisite to these two classes  Idea
I agree Intro to Ethics was not fun !