Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Locking in Current Catalog? Residency Waiver policy - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Locking in Current Catalog? Residency Waiver policy (/Thread-Locking-in-Current-Catalog-Residency-Waiver-policy)

Pages: 1 2

Locking in Current Catalog? Residency Waiver policy - Edriveless - 05-25-2020

-Any one know policy of TESU to lock in catalog for this year? Paying the application fee lasting for a year and getting ace evaluated is thar locking my catalog before July 2020 changes?

-How can I pay residency waiver ahead before the price increase if I won’t start capstone until mid July or August?

RE: Locking in Current Catalog? Residency Waiver policy - rachel83az - 05-25-2020

1. Pay the application fee and take a TECEP. If you don't have any TECEP that you need, you can take the 1-credit medical vocabulary one for $50 to get fully enrolled. It doesn't matter if you pass the TECEP or not.

2. I believe that you have 1 year from the date that you pay the waiver to fully graduate. If you do not graduate by May/June of next year, you'd have to pay the waiver again.

RE: Locking in Current Catalog? Residency Waiver policy - natshar - 05-25-2020

(05-25-2020, 03:27 AM)Edriveless Wrote: -Any one know policy of TESU to lock in catalog for this year? Paying the application fee lasting for a year and getting ace evaluated is thar locking my catalog before July 2020 changes?

-How can I pay residency waiver ahead before the price increase if I won’t start capstone until mid July or August?
Simply take a course or tecep to lock in a catalog. I believe as long as you register before July 1 even if the course starts after that you should be good as far goes. For me, I signed up for a class that started in January and I was able to lock in the 2019 catalog (as opposed to the 2019a catalog that required sos-110) even though the new catalog started January 1.  That is my experience and what tesu told me but you should double check. But my point is if you take July classes you should be find as long as you REGISTER for them before July 1.

You could pay the waiver now but you are taking a huge risk. It is only good for one year. I don't know how many credits you are at, but you are not close it could be risky. If anything happens you can't finish your degree you'd have to pay again. I'd only do it you have almost your whole degree done as in classes done, evaluated and on transcript. If you aren't close you could be screwing yourself over. They (might) change the rates July 1, 2020 if they raise it all, so you'd have to pay by July 1.

RE: Locking in Current Catalog? Residency Waiver policy - dfrecore - 05-25-2020

At TESU, locking in the catalog doesn't lock in the pricing , nor does it lock in course equivalencies; it just locks in the catalog which shows your degree requirements. Pricing can and will change over time, be prepared for that. Course equivalencies usually change on Jan 1 and July 1 each year, so to make sure they get locked onto your eval, get those sent before June 1.

RE: Locking in Current Catalog? Residency Waiver policy - walkingbyfaith - 05-26-2020

To lock in the current catalog by signing up for a TECEP do you begin with the "Apply now" link? It says you can take a TECEP with or without being enrolled, so I didn't want to accidentally sign up for a TECEP and still not lock in the catalog.

RE: Locking in Current Catalog? Residency Waiver policy - Ideas - 05-27-2020

I agree that it is risky. Unless you are pretty close to the end of the degree. People often think that nothing will come up but things tend to. In the course of a year, so much can come up. I wish TESU would let us pay and have as long as we wanted. Or 3 years minimum.

RE: Locking in Current Catalog? Residency Waiver policy - rachel83az - 05-27-2020

(05-26-2020, 10:57 PM)walkingbyfaith Wrote: To lock in the current catalog by signing up for a TECEP do you begin with the "Apply now" link? It says you can take a TECEP with or without being enrolled, so I didn't want to accidentally sign up for a TECEP and still not lock in the catalog.

If you haven't already applied, that is where you start. You have to apply first. You'll have the choice of applying for only TECEP purposes or for a degree; obviously, you'll choose to pursue a degree. When you are accepted, then you will log into online student services and register for a TECEP.

RE: Locking in Current Catalog? Residency Waiver policy - tjguitar85 - 06-03-2020

(05-25-2020, 09:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote: At TESU, locking in the catalog doesn't lock in the pricing , nor does it lock in course equivalencies; it just locks in the catalog which shows your degree requirements.  Pricing can and will change over time, be prepared for that.  Course equivalencies usually change on Jan 1 and July 1 each year, so to make sure they get locked onto your eval, get those sent before June 1.

Does this mean that ACE and NCCRS courses that I already transferred in could at some point stop showing up on my TESU transcript, or if they are already on my transcript, they will be there forever should I have to order transcripts in the future?

RE: Locking in Current Catalog? Residency Waiver policy - rachel83az - 06-04-2020

(06-03-2020, 10:55 PM)tjguitar85 Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 09:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote: At TESU, locking in the catalog doesn't lock in the pricing , nor does it lock in course equivalencies; it just locks in the catalog which shows your degree requirements.  Pricing can and will change over time, be prepared for that.  Course equivalencies usually change on Jan 1 and July 1 each year, so to make sure they get locked onto your eval, get those sent before June 1.

Does this mean that ACE and NCCRS courses that I already transferred in could at some point stop showing up on my TESU transcript, or if they are already on my transcript, they will be there forever should I have to order transcripts in the future?

As long as they are on your TESU transcript, you're good. But if they decide not to take a certain class/provider and it's not already on your transcript then you're out of luck.

RE: Locking in Current Catalog? Residency Waiver policy - harrypotter - 06-26-2020

I got a friend who applied/ was accepted earlier this week. Does anyone know if he'd still be able to lock in the catalog if he registered for a TECEP today?