Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU Waiver option - filler classes - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU Waiver option - filler classes (/Thread-TESU-Waiver-option-filler-classes)

TESU Waiver option - filler classes - Edriveless - 06-04-2020

4 credits - Cornerstone/Capstone, leaving me with 12 credits (4 classes). With financial aid and instead tuition, I just want to not pay I don’t really have time to take hard courses at this point. What are the easiest classes to take at TESU, with less intense requirement, And would guided study be better the online Course if I prefer to finish at my own pace quicker?  Or online is the way to go, esp for the capstone?

RE: TESU Waiver option - filler classes - HogwartsSchool - 06-04-2020

1. The cornerstone is 3 credits.
2. The capstone is 3 credits.
Take both at the same time and you qualify for financial aid.
3. Pay the residency fee waiver and you are done. Otherwise, you will need to take 10 additional credits to avoid the residency fee waiver. Why take classes you don't need?

RE: TESU Waiver option - filler classes - natshar - 06-04-2020

Yeah capstone and cornerstone together is 6 credits.

So you would need 10 more credits. That would be three 3 credit courses and a credit 1. And yeah ideally besides the 1 credit courses, ideally they would all be things you either need for your degree or are very interested in the subject.

Looks like this:

3 capstone
3 cornerstone
3 course 1
3 course 2
3 course 3
1 course (or another 3 credit course if needed.)

If you want to do less courses then social pysch is a 6 credits for one UL course and counts for the major of either liberal studies or psychology. So if you did that it would less classes.

RE: TESU Waiver option - filler classes - ss20ts - 06-04-2020

Does it matter if the courses are UL or LL? In general, LL courses are easier. That's not always the case though. For me physics 101 would be brutal but a senior level sociology coures would be cake.

RE: TESU Waiver option - filler classes - dfrecore - 06-05-2020

Guided Study is NOT self-paced. Deadlines are still there, you just don't have the online discussions to do (you'll do other assignments instead).

RE: TESU Waiver option - filler classes - inf - 07-02-2020

1 CR - Medical Terminology

RE: TESU Waiver option - filler classes - scorpion - 07-03-2020

You can search the TESU catalog for all courses with a specific number of credit hours. I wrote a guide on it here.

(06-04-2020, 04:10 AM)Edriveless Wrote: 4 credits - Cornerstone/Capstone, leaving me with 12 credits (4 classes). With financial aid and instead tuition, I just want to not pay I don’t really have time to take hard courses at this point. What are the easiest classes to take at TESU, with less intense requirement, And would guided study be better the online Course if I prefer to finish at my own pace quicker?  Or online is the way to go, esp for the capstone?

4-credit
All 4-credit courses
Syllabi of all 4-credit courses