Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU Computer Science Electives - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Degree Planning Advice (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Degree-Planning-Advice)
+--- Thread: TESU Computer Science Electives (/Thread-TESU-Computer-Science-Electives)

TESU Computer Science Electives - Fianchetto - 06-15-2020

I have planned out most of my courses, but I'm struggling to find information about degree-specific electives.  The online catalog states you need 18 credits from the following:
  • Artificial Intelligence
  • Assembly Language
  • Comparative Language Programming
  • Compiler Construction
  • Computer Arithmetic Algorithms
  • Computer Information Systems
  • Computer Organization
  • Computer Statistical Techniques
  • Computer Simulation
  • Data Mining and Data Analytics
  • Database Systems and Design
  • Mobile App Development
  • Operations Research
  • Problem Analysis and Solution
  • Programming Languages
  • Software Engineering
  • Switching Theory and Automata
  • UNIX
  • Web Design and Development
What can I do to fulfill this requirement?

RE: TESU Computer Science Electives - Pats20 - 06-27-2020

Could someone explain what the “D” requirements and the “III”
Electives mean. I mean does the “d” requirements pertain to the “c” computer science electives ? And does the “III” electives mean any course of study or does it mean computer science electives as well.

RE: TESU Computer Science Electives - LevelUP - 06-27-2020

You do all these courses at study.com which is the quickest/easiest/cheapest path.

The hard part is finding the UL classes so using only study.com these classes are exactly:
Systems Analysis & Design 302
Database Management 303
Management Information Systems 303
Computer Architecture 306
Network Technology CMP-354 (tesu tecep)

RE: TESU Computer Science Electives - jsarles - 09-16-2021

(06-27-2020, 02:52 PM)LevelUP Wrote: You do all these courses at study.com which is the quickest/easiest/cheapest path.

The hard part is finding the UL classes so using only study.com these classes are exactly:
Database Management 303
Have you taken the network technology tecep?

RE: TESU Computer Science Electives - LevelUP - 09-26-2021

(09-16-2021, 10:52 PM)jsarles Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 02:52 PM)LevelUP Wrote: You do all these courses at study.com which is the quickest/easiest/cheapest path.

Database Management 303
Have you taken the network technology tecep?

I took the Network TECEP and failed it mainly because I used only Study.com TECEP prep course and only studied the glossary terms in the book.  I ended up just taking the TESU course Software Engineering for the last UL 3 credits. 

I made a study guide and have the answers for the book which helps greatly.  If I had retaken the TECEP exam, my odds would have probably been 66%+ to pass considering I put in enough hours to study.

I estimate around 30-50hrs of studying it takes to pass that exam.  It's not hard, just a lot of information you have to know.