Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
To Do List - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Miscellaneous)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Off-Topic)
+--- Thread: To Do List (/Thread-To-Do-List)

To Do List - natshar - 06-19-2020

What is your to do list system?

If you have one. I was wondering what kind of system use to keep track of stuff and get things done. Paper? Digital? something else? Also how do you organize and use it?

RE: To Do List - Merlin - 06-19-2020

(06-19-2020, 12:05 AM)natshar Wrote: What is your to do list system?

If you have one. I was wondering what kind of system use to keep track of stuff and get things done. Paper? Digital? something else? Also how do you organize and use it?

I bounce between Microsoft OneNote and EverNote for most of my checkbox style to-do lists and notetaking. Which one I use depends mainly on the kind of tasks... I tend to favor OneNote for school stuff and EverNote for everything else. I supplement those with creating calendar events and reminders in Google Calendar.

RE: To Do List - PrettyFlyforaChiGuy - 06-19-2020

In uni, I just had lots of Post-It notes. Since then...digital Sticky Notes.

For the students I'm advising, I've been using Trello to organize their college application progress. The platform is surprisingly deep while maintaining accessibility, and I'm even pivoting my traditionally in-person academic research program toward online delivery. Still very much a learning process for me, but here's an attempt to organize deadlines, break down goals, and categorize content progression that could be useful for general purposes: https://trello.com/b/qJvfFWsY

RE: To Do List - ab10365 - 06-19-2020

I live by my planner haha so it's paper for me. I try to write everything down as soon as I realize when something is due & then evaluate that day's task at the beginning and end of each day. The planner is literally my saving grace.

RE: To Do List - dfrecore - 06-19-2020

Spreadsheet for classes I needed to take. For regular life, I'm big on writing it on a yellow pad. But I enjoy writing things out, and it makes it stay in my mind better. I write a new to-do list daily. I also put reminders in my phone. And I take pics of things too - like if I'm on the hunt for something specific, I take a pic to remind myself that I'm looking.

RE: To Do List - Merlin - 06-19-2020

(06-19-2020, 02:15 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Spreadsheet for classes I needed to take.  For regular life, I'm big on writing it on a yellow pad.  But I enjoy writing things out, and it makes it stay in my mind better.  I write a new to-do list daily.  I also put reminders in my phone.  And I take pics of things too - like if I'm on the hunt for something specific, I take a pic to remind myself that I'm looking.

I do the picture thing too. Smile

RE: To Do List - eriehiker - 06-19-2020

I send myself emails and create Google docs. I am sure that there are better ways, but if I ever need to find anything I just search and it pops up.

RE: To Do List - GizmoJack - 06-19-2020

Degree plan on a spreadsheet. Just about everything else on iphone or big-chief tablet & #2 pencil.

RE: To Do List - ss20ts - 06-19-2020

I'm a total dork and I know it. I have all of my course work on my Google Calendar, but it's also in a notebook. Every week I make out a new sheet of what the assignments are I must complete for each course I'm taking. Some of my courses are through a university and have hard deadlines. I base my Google Calendar on the assignments in my notebook. Monday - Thursday I dedicate to one class. The rest of the week is whatever assignments are leftover based on due dates. I also have a mountain of Post-it Notes. I couldn't live without them!

RE: To Do List - bluebooger - 06-19-2020

I keep it in my head
if its not worth remembering then its not worth writing down