Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
What will satisfy Diversity & Civic Engagement from Sophia? (Seeking BA Psychology) - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: What will satisfy Diversity & Civic Engagement from Sophia? (Seeking BA Psychology) (/Thread-What-will-satisfy-Diversity-Civic-Engagement-from-Sophia-Seeking-BA-Psychology)

Pages: 1 2

What will satisfy Diversity & Civic Engagement from Sophia? (Seeking BA Psychology) - mcorye91 - 07-17-2020

Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Big Grin Rolleyes

General Education Requirements (60)
A. Intellectual and Practical Skills (15)
>Written Communication (6)
-English Comp I (Sophia)
-English Comp II (Sophia)
>Oral Communication (3)
-Public Speaking (Sophia)
>Quantitative Literacy 
-College Algebra (ALEKS)
>Information Literacy 
-? The Institute 

B. Civic and Global Learning
>Diversity 
-?
>Ethics 
Intro to Ethics (Sophia)  
>Civic Engagement 
-?

C. Knowledge of Human Cultures (12)
Ancient Greek Philosophers (Sophia)
-Art History I (Sophia)
-Art History II (Sophia)
-Undecided UL Hum (Study.com)
D. Understanding the Physical and Natural World (4-7)
-Anatomy & Physiology I (4) Brick & Mortar
-Anatomy & Physiology II (4) Brick & Mortar

E. General Education Electives 
-Microbiology (3) Straighterline 
-Chemistry I (4) Brick & Mortar
-Conflict Resolution  Sophia
-Microeconomics Sophia
-Macroeconomics Sophia
-Nutrition Brick & Mortar

II.
Area of Study: Psychology (39)
A. Required Courses SDC
* Introduction to Psychology
* Research in Experimental Psychology (PSY-322)
* Social Psychology (PSY-379)
* History & Systems of Psychology (PSY-400)
* Physiological Psychology (PSY-374)
* Abnormal Psychology (PSY-350)
* Statistics (STA-201) Sophia (In progress)
* Ethics in the Social Sciences (SOS-450)
B. Liberal Arts Capstone TESU
C. Psychology Electives (6)
-Educational Psychology UL SDC
-Psychology of Adulthood & Aging SDC
III. Electives (21)
-A&I Lit (6) CLEP
-Biology (3) Sophia
-Statistics (3) Sophia 
-Intermediate Algebra (ALEKS)
-US History I Sophia
-US History II Sophia

RE: What will satisfy Diversity & Civic Engagement from Sophia? (Seeking BA Psychology) - P226mem - 07-17-2020

TESU: sophia's Intro to Sociology for diversity. as far as we know on this forum nothing from sophia currently will work in civic engagement. But the Am. Gov't from our forum host (InstantCert Academy) will work at TESU for that.

RE: What will satisfy Diversity & Civic Engagement from Sophia? (Seeking BA Psychology) - mcorye91 - 07-17-2020

(07-17-2020, 06:25 PM)P226mem Wrote: TESU: sophia's Intro to Sociology for diversity.  as far as we know on this forum nothing from sophia currently will work in civic engagement.  But the Am. Gov't from our forum host (InstantCert Academy) will work at TESU for that.

Thank you!!

RE: What will satisfy Diversity & Civic Engagement from Sophia? (Seeking BA Psychology) - SweetSecret - 07-20-2020

I had to argue this with them, but I used a women's history class to satisfy it. I had taken sociology and psychology of women too.

RE: What will satisfy Diversity & Civic Engagement from Sophia? (Seeking BA Psychology) - ss20ts - 07-20-2020

Civic engagement can't be filled by Sophia. American Government on StraighterLine or Study.com fulfills the requirement.

RE: What will satisfy Diversity & Civic Engagement from Sophia? (Seeking BA Psychology) - mcorye91 - 12-28-2020

(07-20-2020, 11:12 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Civic engagement can't be filled by Sophia. American Government on StraighterLine or Study.com fulfills the requirement.

Thank you so much! I will do American Govt!

What will satisfy Diversity & Civic Engagement from Sophia? (Seeking BA Psychology) - AmenSandhu - 12-28-2020

(12-28-2020, 05:24 AM)mcorye91 Wrote:
(07-20-2020, 11:12 AM)ss20ts Wrote: Civic engagement can't be filled by Sophia. American Government on StraighterLine or Study.com fulfills the requirement.

Thank you so much! I will do American Govt!

Hey mate! I’m starting my BA In Psychology from TESU on 1/1/21. I’m really excited but scared at the same time, I have no previous credits as I’m still 19 and took a gap year after High-School. I hope to graduate In about, 2 years or so, earlier would be even better. I work 3-4 12 hour shifts every week. Do you think I can finish In a year or two by studying on my days off and after work? Also, are the UL SDC Psychology courses hard and time consuming?

Thank you for your time ^-^.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

RE: What will satisfy Diversity & Civic Engagement from Sophia? (Seeking BA Psychology) - rachel83az - 12-28-2020

(12-28-2020, 09:53 AM)AmenSandhu Wrote: Hey mate! I’m starting my BA In Psychology from TESU on 1/1/21. I’m really excited but scared at the same time, I have no previous credits as I’m still 19 and took a gap year after High-School. I hope to graduate In about, 2 years or so, earlier would be even better. I work 3-4  12 hour shifts every week. Do you think I can finish In a year or two by studying on my days off and after work?  Also, are the UL SDC Psychology courses hard and time consuming?

There are a lot of "it depends" and "maybe" in your plan. However, I would say that as long as you study regularly then graduating in 2 years isn't out of the question.

I think you're in the US? Since you have to get RA credit for your degree anyway, you might want to consider getting the FREE Pierpont Associate's degree ( https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC ) along the way to help keep up your enthusiasm. If you graduated in 2019, you'll be able to apply in 2021; if you graduated in 2018, you can apply this year.

What will satisfy Diversity & Civic Engagement from Sophia? (Seeking BA Psychology) - AmenSandhu - 12-28-2020

(12-28-2020, 10:21 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 09:53 AM)AmenSandhu Wrote: Hey mate! I’m starting my BA In Psychology from TESU on 1/1/21. I’m really excited but scared at the same time, I have no previous credits as I’m still 19 and took a gap year after High-School. I hope to graduate In about, 2 years or so, earlier would be even better. I work 3-4  12 hour shifts every week. Do you think I can finish In a year or two by studying on my days off and after work?  Also, are the UL SDC Psychology courses hard and time consuming?

There are a lot of "it depends" and "maybe" in your plan. However, I would say that as long as you study regularly then graduating in 2 years isn't out of the question.

I think you're in the US? Since you have to get RA credit for your degree anyway, you might want to consider getting the FREE Pierpont Associate's degree ( https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC ) along the way to help keep up your enthusiasm. If you graduated in 2019, you'll be able to apply in 2021; if you graduated in 2018, you can apply this year.

That’s true, it’ll all depend on how much time I dedicate to studying. How will the Pier Point Associates degree benefit me? Will It accelerate my path to a BA In Psych?
I

What will satisfy Diversity & Civic Engagement from Sophia? (Seeking BA Psychology) - rachel83az - 12-28-2020

It depends. Some students get an Associate's degree because it will allow them to get a promotion at work while they continue to work on getting a Bachelor's degree. Others get one mainly as a sort of "certificate of achievement" to mark that they're about halfway done with the degree they actually want; it's a motivational thing. I got mine so I could say I'm a college graduate, even though I won't have my Bachelor's degrees finished for a while.