Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU certificate with a BSBA/ASNM or something else? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU certificate with a BSBA/ASNM or something else? (/Thread-TESU-certificate-with-a-BSBA-ASNM-or-something-else)

TESU certificate with a BSBA/ASNM or something else? - Edriveless - 07-30-2020

I just paid the residency fee and it’s costly indeed!
I want to make use of this by earning an extra Associates or certificate 

I have a lot of credits that could work for a BALS per advising but wouldn’t want to do two capstones! 

Any recommendations? Would a certificate work with all the classes I have that are already part of BSBA/ASNSM CS Degree? 

What’s the cheaper route and quicker that wouldn’t require me to take more classes apart from the SOS/CAPSTONE I’m bound to take?  

RE: TESU certificate with a BSBA/ASNM or something else? - Merlin - 07-31-2020

(07-30-2020, 11:39 PM)Edriveless Wrote: I just paid the residency fee and it’s costly indeed!

I have a lot of credits that could work for a BALS per advising but wouldn’t want to do two capstones! 

Any recommendations? Would a certificate work with all the classes I have that are already part of BSBA/ASNSM CS Degree? 

What’s the cheaper route and quicker that wouldn’t require me to take more classes apart from the SOS/CAPSTONE I’m bound to take?  

FYI, most people don't pay the residency fee until they apply for graduation, since that starts a 1-year timer before it expires and you have to pay another residency waiver. This is particularly important if you're considering adding a second degree, second AoS, or certificates.

In any case, the best option is to look for associate degrees that overlap with the courses you're taking in your main degree. You may already have enough to earn an associate degree based on what you already have. That is what I did. Well, I planned my BSBA such that I used as many CS courses as I could to make sure I qualified for the ASNSM in CS as well as the BSBA, but it cost me no additional time or effort. You can also look for certificates that do something similar.

Outside of that, you'll likely need to take additional courses.

RE: TESU certificate with a BSBA/ASNM or something else? - tallpilot - 07-31-2020

(07-30-2020, 11:39 PM)Edriveless Wrote: I just paid the residency fee and it’s costly indeed!

You could do a bunch of math on Study.com if you wanted to add a math AoS to your ASNSM. The other 2 year degrees require capstones besides biology (but I don’t think there are enough alternative credits for that). If you insist on this path your fastest bet is probably any of the business certificates (since you should already have at least one class for each). You could do a computer science certificate with 6 classes from study.com. It wouldn’t be exactly quick though if you have no background with the material.

I understand your approach of getting everything you can since TESU punishes you for coming back to the trough.

What is your business concentration? An accounting or CIS certificate might add marketability.