Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
TESU | Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: TESU | Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science (/Thread-TESU-Is-it-possible-to-do-BSBA-CIS-BA-Computer-science)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

TESU | Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science - akr680 - 08-06-2020

Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science?

How does upper level credit works?

RE: TESU | Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science - rachel83az - 08-06-2020

I'm not sure why you'd want to do both? I think that most jobs that would even look for a CIS degree would also accept a CS degree. I'm not sure that the reverse is true, though.

RE: TESU | Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science - Cofffeee - 08-06-2020

Dont think so. They will tell you its 2 similar degrees. You will have to choose one or change one

RE: TESU | Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science - LevelUP - 08-07-2020

(08-06-2020, 06:40 PM)akr680 Wrote: Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science?

How does upper level credit works?

I'm on the path to do both BSBA CIS and BA CS.  Only 9 credits can overlap in AOS.

For CIS your UL courses are:
Database Management 303  (overlap CS)
Systems Analysis & Design 302  (overlap CS)
Management Information Systems 303  (overlap CS)
Digital Marketing & Advertising 309

For CS your UL course are:
Database Management 303 (overlap CIS)
Management Information Systems 303 (overlap CIS)
Systems Analysis & Design 302  (overlap CIS)
Computer Architecture 306
Network Technology CMP-354 TECEP or Linear Algebra (Coopersmithcc)

Then you have 2 separate capstones for each degree.  Another option is to go for the CS associates degree if you already qualify for the BSBA although it is really not much more to so the Bachelor's CS.

They are 2 separate degrees because they come from 2 different schools.

I will be happy to answer any more questions you got on this.

RE: TESU | Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science - rachel83az - 08-07-2020

Just FYI, there are also CS and CIS undergraduate certificates. I'm considering that because I think it would only be one extra class beyond what I'm taking for CS. So I might as well.

RE: TESU | Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science - posabsolute - 08-07-2020

You can also do an Associate in Computer science (with only the BSBA capstone), if your goal is to stay on business, IT side, that's not to shaby. That's what I did since the BACS was not testable with alternative credits in 2018.

RE: TESU | Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science - akr680 - 08-07-2020

Thank you all for your valuable time and details.

RE: TESU | Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science - Pats20 - 08-07-2020

(08-07-2020, 08:11 AM)posabsolute Wrote: You can also do an Associate in Computer science (with only the BSBA capstone), if your goal is to stay on business, IT side, that's not to shaby. That's what I did since the BACS was not testable with alternative credits in 2018.

Sorry for my ignorance. But what do you mean by “not testable with alternative credits ?

RE: TESU | Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science - posabsolute - 08-07-2020

Oh I just mean that early 2018 you could not complete all the courses with sites like study.com for the BACS, you had to take many courses through TESU.

RE: TESU | Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science - Pats20 - 08-07-2020

(08-07-2020, 11:22 AM)posabsolute Wrote: Oh I just mean that early 2018 you could not complete all the courses with sites like study.com for the BACS, you had to take many courses through TESU.

Gottcha. Thanks!