Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Coopersmith and Excelsior - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: EU - Excelsior University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-EU-Excelsior-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Coopersmith and Excelsior (/Thread-Coopersmith-and-Excelsior)

Coopersmith and Excelsior - BBryant165 - 08-07-2020

Just in case anyone is curious and needs UL credits to meet Excelsior's Art & Science requirements, I was able to get my advisor to approve the following coopersmith courses as UL A&S credit. I will be taking these throughout the next two months to meet my 9 remaining credits then on to my capstone!

Career Counseling (PSY-325) 
Drugs, Society, and Human Behavior (PSY-305)
Group Counseling (PSY-307)
Substance Abuse Counseling (PSY-320)
Abnormal Psychology (PSY-302)
Physiological Psychology (PSY-303)

I also asked about the following courses but they were not approved as UL credit in my degree plan (National Security) despite being listed on NCCRS as UL credit. 

Foundations of Education (EDU-501)

Eastern European Jewish Immigration and Settlement in the United States (HIS-301)

Essentials of Earth Science (SCI-103)
The Science of Nutrition (SCI-101) 

RE: Coopersmith and Excelsior - cecilgambe7 - 08-07-2020

Thank you for sharing!!

I totally think this forum needs more posts like this because this is specific and reliable feedback about what is accepted and what is not accepted.

I am actually looking if EC accepts Coopersmith Quantitative analysis and Organization behavior, but there are Business courses.

RE: Coopersmith and Excelsior - ctcarl - 08-15-2020

(08-07-2020, 08:22 PM)BBryant165 Wrote: Just in case anyone is curious and needs UL credits to meet Excelsior's Art & Science requirements, I was able to get my advisor to approve the following coopersmith courses as UL A&S credit. I will be taking these throughout the next two months to meet my 9 remaining credits then on to my capstone!

Career Counseling (PSY-325) 
Drugs, Society, and Human Behavior (PSY-305)
Group Counseling (PSY-307)
Substance Abuse Counseling (PSY-320)
Abnormal Psychology (PSY-302)
Physiological Psychology (PSY-303)

I also asked about the following courses but they were not approved as UL credit in my degree plan (National Security) despite being listed on NCCRS as UL credit. 

Foundations of Education (EDU-501)

Eastern European Jewish Immigration and Settlement in the United States (HIS-301)

Essentials of Earth Science (SCI-103)
The Science of Nutrition (SCI-101) 

I took Coopersmith Abnormal Psych, Drugs, Society and Human Behavior, Family Therapy, Foundations of Stress Management, Rabbinical Counseling, and Therapeutic Interviewing for UL Social Science credit at EC.

I was approved for, but did not take ECE-303 Health and Safety in Early Childhood Education.  It looked very good to me but I realized after looking over my transcripts more carefully that I didn't need it.

RE: Coopersmith and Excelsior - dfrecore - 09-23-2020

(08-07-2020, 10:03 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: Thank you for sharing!!

I totally think this forum needs more posts like this because this is specific and reliable feedback about what is accepted and what is not accepted.

I am actually looking if EC accepts Coopersmith Quantitative analysis and Organization behavior, but there are Business courses.

That's what this forum is for, and people do these posts all the time.

The main issue with EC is that they don't give course equivalencies for MANY of their courses; they just say "that's a Social Science course" or something along those lines, so you can't plan as much as you can with TESU.  With TESU, a person getting a BALS degree could find out course equivalencies for several courses and post the info, and it would apply no matter what degree you were getting, and so someone getting a different degree would also be able to use the info; someone at EC would post info, and then a person getting a different degree might not have enough info to know whether it will work specifically for that different degree.  It's frustrating.

RE: Coopersmith and Excelsior - SkaroFamily - 01-27-2021

Can we make a list of TEEX Classes that worked at EXCELSIOR?
Or other classes like CSM Math & how they were accepted.

RE: Coopersmith and Excelsior - Michelle779 - 01-29-2021

(01-27-2021, 11:01 AM)SkaroFamily Wrote: Can we make a list of TEEX Classes that worked at EXCELSIOR?
Or other classes like CSM Math & how they were accepted.
Besides the free Cyber courses (101, 201 & 301) I also took Death Investigation Online and it transferred as an UL Criminal Justice course (it wont count as Arts & Sciences). I'm not aware of any other courses can be taken for credit.