Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: EU - Excelsior University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-EU-Excelsior-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits (/Thread-UL-Arts-and-Sciences-Applied-Professional-Credits)

Pages: 1 2

UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits - mrskitty - 08-08-2020

I’m thinking about doing DAU courses for UL credits. Would management/acquisition/contracting fall under arts and sciences/applied professional?

RE: UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits - BBryant165 - 08-09-2020

(08-08-2020, 07:19 PM)mrskitty Wrote: I’m thinking about doing DAU courses for UL credits. Would management/acquisition/contracting fall under arts and sciences/applied professional?

This is largely dependent on how your school views the transfer. Being under this thread, Excelsior does not accept DAU credits as Arts and Sciences and I would consider going so far as to say most schools will not. These courses generally are considered applied professional and will only be leveraged against applied professional credits if your degree is in Business or Liberal Arts. Excelsior considers Arts and Sciences to be just that, art, music, humanities, philosophy, sociology, social sciences, natural sciences, etc. If you have already enrolled I will urge you to run all your courses past your advisor for approval. If you have not enrolled we can try to help where we can but there are few of us Excelsior students on the forum, many are TESU or COSC. If you are in need of UL Arts and Sciences, I would strongly consider Coopersmith as that is the only place I was able to find UL A&S that were approved by my advisor. 

https://www.coopersmithcc.net/

RE: UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits - mrskitty - 08-09-2020

(08-09-2020, 03:21 PM)BBryant165 Wrote:
(08-08-2020, 07:19 PM)mrskitty Wrote: I’m thinking about doing DAU courses for UL credits. Would management/acquisition/contracting fall under arts and sciences/applied professional?

This is largely dependent on how your school views the transfer. Being under this thread, Excelsior does not accept DAU credits as Arts and Sciences and I would consider going so far as to say most schools will not. These courses generally are considered applied professional and will only be leveraged against applied professional credits if your degree is in Business or Liberal Arts. Excelsior considers Arts and Sciences to be just that, art, music, humanities, philosophy, sociology, social sciences, natural sciences, etc. If you have already enrolled I will urge you to run all your courses past your advisor for approval. If you have not enrolled we can try to help where we can but there are few of us Excelsior students on the forum, many are TESU or COSC. If you are in need of UL Arts and Sciences, I would strongly consider Coopersmith as that is the only place I was able to find UL A&S that were approved by my advisor. 

https://www.coopersmithcc.net/
I have not enrolled yet, but I know I will need UL Arts and Sciences and UL Applied Professional. I’m waiting for an unofficial evaluation to get back for a BS Liberal Arts.

RE: UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits - mrskitty - 08-15-2020

Where would TEEX Criminal Investigations fall under?

RE: UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits - mrskitty - 08-15-2020

Cause criminology is a branch of sociology.

RE: UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits - BBryant165 - 08-16-2020

(08-15-2020, 05:18 PM)mrskitty Wrote: Cause criminology is a branch of sociology.

My advisor did not accept TEEX Criminal Investigations as Arts & Sciences so more than likely it would be evaluated as applied professional if it fits in your degree plan.

RE: UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits - mrskitty - 08-16-2020

(08-16-2020, 01:35 PM)BBryant165 Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 05:18 PM)mrskitty Wrote: Cause criminology is a branch of sociology.

My advisor did not accept TEEX Criminal Investigations as Arts & Sciences so more than likely it would be evaluated as applied professional if it fits in your degree plan.
Bummer. I don’t need any more Applied Professional. Thank you.

RE: UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits - BBryant165 - 08-18-2020

(08-16-2020, 04:48 PM)mrskitty Wrote:

Try looking at coopersmith for Arts and Sciences courses. Excelsior only accepts courses as Arts and Sciences when they specifically cover art, humanities, natural sciences, or social sciences. Its very difficult to stretch with them, because criminology is a branch of sociology wont work for them. The evaluation team is going to say no criminology is a branch of a career field in the administration of justice community. When it comes to Upper Level courseware coopersmith is going to be just about one of the only places you can find UL art and science credit for excelsior.

RE: UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits - mrskitty - 08-18-2020

(08-18-2020, 02:12 PM)BBryant165 Wrote:

Try looking at coopersmith for Arts and Sciences courses. Excelsior only accepts courses as Arts and Sciences when they specifically cover art, humanities, natural sciences, or social sciences. Its very difficult to stretch with them, because criminology is a branch of sociology wont work for them. The evaluation team is going to say no criminology is a branch of a career field in the administration of justice community. When it comes to Upper Level courseware coopersmith is going to be just about one of the only places you can find UL art and science credit for excelsior.
Is there a discount code floating around?

RE: UL Arts and Sciences/Applied Professional Credits - BBryant165 - 08-19-2020

(08-18-2020, 03:51 PM)mrskitty Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 02:12 PM)BBryant165 Wrote:

Is there a discount code floating around?

Coopersmith doesn't currently offer a discount code. There are some other post on here about it but basically they only offer a referral code which provides the referring person a benefit.