Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
UMPI - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: UMPI - University of Maine at Presque Isle Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-UMPI-University-of-Maine-at-Presque-Isle-Discussion)
+--- Thread: UMPI (/Thread-UMPI)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

RE: UMPI - dhallfootball21 - 02-18-2021

Does anyone know if UMPI allows non-matriculated (visiting) students to enroll in the mypace courses. Im a current TESU student with around 80 credits (ace) and I would like to transfer to UMPI. My issue is I graduated high school in May 2020 and while I have over 2 years work experience I was told that it has to be 2 years work experience post high school.

RE: UMPI - Cofffeee - 02-18-2021

I dont think u can enroll in Yourpace this way. It offers Bachelor degrees only. I didnt see any info on any other options

RE: UMPI - rachel83az - 02-18-2021

(02-18-2021, 01:05 AM)dhallfootball21 Wrote: Does anyone know if UMPI allows non-matriculated (visiting) students to enroll in the mypace courses. Im a current TESU student with around 80 credits (ace) and  I would like to transfer to UMPI. My issue is I graduated high school in May 2020 and while I have over 2 years work experience I was told that it has to be 2 years work experience post high school.

I am confused about why you wouldn't just get a UMPI degree. Who told you that you needed work experience? TESU or UMPI?

RE: UMPI - HogwartsSchool - 02-18-2021

Does anyone know if UMPI accepts candidates with existing undergrad and grad degrees?

RE: UMPI - freeloader - 02-18-2021

(02-18-2021, 08:12 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: Does anyone know if UMPI accepts candidates with existing undergrad and grad degrees?

They sure do. I have a BA and an MA, both in history, from B&M universities. I am pursuing a BABA in accounting and management & leadership at UMPI. One of the student testimonials on the YourPace website is even about someone who earned their 2nd bachelor’s through UMPI YourPace. Not sure if they have the prohibition against granting a 3Rd bachelor’s that a lot of schools have. I only have 1, so that wasn’t an issue.  Wink

FWIW, my degree audit says something like “prior bachelor’s degree” for all of the Gen Ed requirements and they are all colored in/show completed.

RE: UMPI - dhallfootball21 - 02-18-2021

(02-18-2021, 07:51 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 01:05 AM)dhallfootball21 Wrote: Does anyone know if UMPI allows non-matriculated (visiting) students to enroll in the mypace courses. Im a current TESU student with around 80 credits (ace) and  I would like to transfer to UMPI. My issue is I graduated high school in May 2020 and while I have over 2 years work experience I was told that it has to be 2 years work experience post high school.

I am confused about why you wouldn't just get a UMPI degree. Who told you that you needed work experience? TESU or UMPI?

I want to transfer to UMPI from TESU and I will have around 90 cr by time march semester begins. I was told that I would need 2 years post high school work experience by UMPI when I called and inquired about the Mypace program. I have two years work experience and I'm basically a Senior at TESU. My issue is I graduated high school in 2020.  I would love to take my last 30-36 hours with UMPI and graduate there if possible. I filled out the online application and sent transcripts from Ace and TESU and will be documenting how this process works out for me. If there are any options besides TESU I would rather go with them as I feel burned by the transfer changes recently implemented.

(02-18-2021, 08:37 AM)freeloader Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 08:12 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: Does anyone know if UMPI accepts candidates with existing undergrad and grad degrees?

They sure do. I have a BA and an MA, both in history, from B&M universities. I am pursuing a BABA in accounting and management & leadership at UMPI. One of the student testimonials on the YourPace website is even about someone who earned their 2nd bachelor’s through UMPI YourPace. Not sure if they have the prohibition against granting a 3Rd bachelor’s that a lot of schools have. I only have 1, so that wasn’t an issue.  Wink

FWIW, my degree audit says something like “prior bachelor’s degree” for all of the Gen Ed requirements and they are all colored in/show completed.
I was told you can take as many degrees as you want from UMPI. I believe they apply the same to prior degrees- no limit on number degrees earned ( including prior degrees). To be certain i would email and ask about prior degree limit.

RE: UMPI - rachel83az - 02-18-2021

(02-18-2021, 02:03 PM)dhallfootball21 Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 07:51 AM)rachel83az Wrote:

I want to transfer to UMPI from TESU and I will have around 90 cr by time march semester begins. I was told that I would need 2 years post high school work experience by UMPI when I called and inquired about the Mypace program. I have two years work experience and I'm basically a Senior at TESU. My issue is I graduated high school in 2020.  I would love to take my last 30-36 hours with UMPI and graduate there if possible. I filled out the online application and sent transcripts from Ace and TESU and will be documenting how this process works out for me. If there are any options besides TESU I would rather go with them as I feel burned by the transfer changes recently implemented.

Are you sure that the UMPI person knew what you were talking about? It's not Mypace, it's YourPace. The admission requirements at UMPI don't say anything about needing to be 2 years post-graduation in order to be able to obtain a degree. Or maybe it's for a specific degree only? Every one I've looked at has these requirements:

Quote:We’ve made the admission process simple and streamlined so it’s easier for you to get started. Those interested in earning their B.A. in Accounting should have the equivalent of a high school diploma and possess some prior college credit and/or work experience.
  • Submit your free application online
  • Provide high school transcript, high school equivalency test (HiSet), or GED
  • Provide official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
Submit documents electronically to: edocs@maine.edu
Mailing Address:
Application Processing Center
PO Box 412
Bangor, ME 04402-0412

Fax: 207-581-5456
Since you have college credit, you should be able to get a UMPI degree.

(02-18-2021, 02:27 PM)Cofffeee Wrote:
(02-18-2021, 08:37 AM)freeloader Wrote:

I was told you can take as many degrees as you want from UMPI. I believe they apply the same to prior degrees- no limit on number degrees earned ( including prior degrees). To be certain i would email and ask about prior degree limit.

The limit would be if you get a BALS degree. You cannot get a further degree at UMPI if you get a BALS. Easy solution: get other degree(s) first before BALS.

RE: UMPI - ss20ts - 02-18-2021

No you can't attend UMPI as a non-matriculated student. You must be a fully accepted and enrolled student to be a YourPace student. Why would you want to take courses at UMPI and transfer them to TESU? Why not just complete the degree at UMPI?

(02-18-2021, 02:27 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I was told you can take as many degrees as you want from UMPI. I believe they apply the same to prior degrees- no limit on number degrees earned ( including prior degrees). To be certain i would email and ask about prior degree limit.

No you can't complete as many degrees as you want. There are limits to what degrees you can complete and complete 2 degrees. You can't complete a BLS and another degree because they consider the BLS to be a terminal degree. You can complete a BA in English and a BA in Business Administration. You can't complete the BA in Business Administration and the BLS. I know because I tried like crazy, but was denied by several people at UMPI.

(02-18-2021, 02:36 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The limit would be if you get a BALS degree. You cannot get a further degree at UMPI if you get a BALS. Easy solution: get other degree(s) first before BALS.

Actually this doesn't work either. I tried! It's a BLS not a BALS. 

Then they are better put their story together and give proper info!