Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Ace credits masters degree - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Ace credits masters degree (/Thread-Ace-credits-masters-degree)

Ace credits masters degree - Clepking100 - 09-19-2020

Is there any school which accepts ace for the majority of a masters?

RE: Ace credits masters degree - ss20ts - 09-19-2020

Very rare to find ACE master's credits. Even more rare is finding a school which accepts ACE for master's degree. I can't imagine there's one which accepts ACE credits for the majority of a master's degree.

RE: Ace credits masters degree - Thorne - 09-19-2020

(09-19-2020, 08:33 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Very rare to find ACE master's credits. Even more rare is finding a school which accepts ACE for master's degree. I can't imagine there's one which accepts ACE credits for the majority of a master's degree.

Yeah. The one exception may be TESU's Data Science Graduate Certificate via Statistics.com, but I think that might have changed some time ago.

RE: Ace credits masters degree - Merlin - 09-19-2020

(09-19-2020, 07:35 PM)Clepking100 Wrote: Is there any school which accepts ace for the majority of a masters?

ACE is really only an option at the undergrad level.

First of all, a lot of grad school programs do not accept any transfer credits at the master's level. They require you to take all your courses from the school itself. Of the schools that do accept transfer credits towards a master's degree, most only accept a handful of RA credits... like 1/3 of the total credits in the degree or less. But I doubt that many of them will accept ACE courses at all.

I believe that TESU and Excelsior will accept ACE grad credits, but there really aren't enough options for ACE graduate credits out there to begin with. There is certainly not enough to cover the majority of a master's degree even if you can find a school that will accept them.

RE: Ace credits masters degree - ss20ts - 09-21-2020

(09-19-2020, 08:36 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 08:33 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Very rare to find ACE master's credits. Even more rare is finding a school which accepts ACE for master's degree. I can't imagine there's one which accepts ACE credits for the majority of a master's degree.

Yeah. The one exception may be TESU's Data Science Graduate Certificate via Statistics.com, but I think that might have changed some time ago.

That's a certificate not a master's degree. Two very different things.

RE: Ace credits masters degree - Thorne - 09-21-2020

(09-21-2020, 10:36 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 08:36 PM)Thorne Wrote:

That's a certificate not a master's degree. Two very different things.

Uh...right? I was replying to "Very rare to find ACE master's credits" and the concept of "the majority of a Master's" because TESU's partnership with Statistics.com actually can lead to a full MS Data Science and Analytics