Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Nations U BACHELOR in religious studies, who's done it? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General "Big 3", B&M colleges, and other colleges (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Big-3-B-M-colleges-and-other-colleges)
+--- Thread: Nations U BACHELOR in religious studies, who's done it? (/Thread-Nations-U-BACHELOR-in-religious-studies-who-s-done-it)

Pages: 1 2 3

Nations U BACHELOR in religious studies, who's done it? - StoicJ - 10-12-2020

If you completed the program, or did much work in it, would you share some details?

How long did it take you overall? Can we see the diploma? I know we have some people here who earned the masters degree.

I've seen some modules, and it really seems like a lot of work.

RE: Nations U BACHELOR in religious studies, who's done it? - bjcheung77 - 10-12-2020

The only person I recall getting this Bachelors was Saharapost:  They've not logged on for a long time.  Here's the details back in 2015, you can also check their signature as well for all the degrees they've taken, pretty awesome actually.  I wonder if they added more credentials or degrees to their name since then... anyways, here's the Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-The-Nearly-Free-Nations-University-is-Now-DEAC-Accredited?pid=185973&highlight=Bachelor+of+Religious+Studies#pid185973

RE: Nations U BACHELOR in religious studies, who's done it? - rachel83az - 10-12-2020

This is obviously way out of date and the diploma might have changed since then but you can kinda sorta see it (at least, a Master's degree) here: https://jonroysloan.wixsite.com/nationsu/about-nationsu If it still looks like that, it's not bad.

RE: Nations U BACHELOR in religious studies, who's done it? - openair - 10-12-2020

I hold a graduate-level (Master of Theological Studies) NationsUniversity degree. I've received the diploma in September. From the appearance, it looks like the one that Rachel posted. I love the look! I can't tell you much about the undergraduate experience at NationsU, as I've only dealt with their graduate courses. However, I've had a very positive experience with the staff. That said, it's been rigorous and truly overwhelming in terms of the academic requirements. I've never had to write that much in my life. It was downright crazy. There were many sleepless nights along the way. It felt like a real accomplishment when I finally received the degree diploma after two years of non-stop essay writing and exam preperation. I am just going to assume that their Bachelor's won't be a cakewalk in comparison. As long as you're willing to work really hard, you will be surprised by the great support that you will get from the university.

RE: Nations U BACHELOR in religious studies, who's done it? - rachel83az - 10-12-2020

(10-12-2020, 04:28 AM)openair Wrote: I hold a graduate-level (Master of Theological Studies) NationsUniversity degree. I've received the diploma in September. From the appearance, it looks like the one that Rachel posted. I love the look! I can't tell you much about the undergraduate experience at NationsU, as I've only dealt with their graduate courses. However, I've had a very positive experience with the staff. That said, it's been rigorous and truly overwhelming in terms of the academic requirements. I've never had to write that much in my life. It was downright crazy. There were many sleepless nights along the way. It felt like a real accomplishment when I finally received the degree diploma after two years of non-stop essay writing and exam preperation. I am just going to assume that their Bachelor's won't be a cakewalk in comparison. As long as you're willing to work really hard and polish your writing, you will be surprised by the great support that you will get from the university.

Did you do local proctoring or were you allowed to use an online proctoring service? Did you even ask about online proctoring? I know it's not been as important before this year, so I know it might not have been an issue while you were doing your degree. The only thing that makes me (personally) hesitate is the proctoring situation.

RE: Nations U BACHELOR in religious studies, who's done it? - openair - 10-12-2020

I wasn't aware of the changes to the proctoring requirements. I 've dealt with a local person that they approved as my proctor for these exams.

(10-12-2020, 04:42 AM)openair Wrote: I wasn't aware of the changes to the proctoring requirements. I 've dealt with a local person that they approved as my proctor for these exams.

I don't think NationsU has changed anything. But with the pandemic still going on I would not want to have to go out and spend a few hours at a proctoring location right now. I'll have to ask about online proctoring.

You should definitely ask about online proctoring. I understand your concern. You could also try "at home proctoring" and invite the proctor as a guest. That way, you wouldn't need to travel. There may be some payment involved though. There are several proctored exams throughout the program. The rest of the exams are non-proctored.

RE: Nations U BACHELOR in religious studies, who's done it? - ss20ts - 10-12-2020

Genuine question. Why do people care what the degree looks like? As in the actual sheet of paper that's printed. I see many people on this forum comment on the way the printed degrees look and that has me curious. I've never cared what my degrees looked like. I just wanted my name, the school, degree, and date on it. It could be on toilet paper for all I care.....then again that might be a hot commodity and very valuable these days.

One thing with looking at NU's website.....it's got a lot of about prisoners as students. Not saying it's bad for people incarcerated to get their education. But if you've never in prison, I'm not sure this would be the best school. If a potential employer looks up the school and sees all of the prison talk on the website, they may think you've lied on your application and you have a prison record which leads to you not being hired. Something to think about. When I worked in HR, I had to look up a lot of info about people before they would be called for an interview and checking out their college - if it wasn't local - was one of the things I had to look up.

Personally, I don't care what the degree looks like - for the most part. But it is nice to be able to hang something on your wall if that's important to you.

If I go for this degree, it also wouldn't go on my resume either. It's NA, which "doesn't count" in Germany, and irrelevant for the career path I want. But the thought literally never even crossed my mind that some people might think that I got the degree while in prison. But you can get other degrees while in prison, so I don't see why NationsU is special.

https://www.prisonerresource.com/correspondence-programs/undergraduate-degree/ TESU, Rio Salado, and several other universities discussed on this board all have programs that are recommended for use by prisoners.