Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Help in mapping out a Bachelor's at COSC [International student] - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: COSC - Charter Oak State College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-COSC-Charter-Oak-State-College-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Help in mapping out a Bachelor's at COSC [International student] (/Thread-Help-in-mapping-out-a-Bachelor-s-at-COSC-International-student)

Help in mapping out a Bachelor's at COSC [International student] - xstrike9999 - 10-13-2020

Hi,

I am looking at possibly doing a Bachelor's in Organizational Leadership from COSC.

Can someone please help me figure out what details I would need for admission? I also need help mapping out the courses I would need to take from Sophia, Saylor, Study.com etc to transfer the max number of ACE credits. Which TECEP or UExcel tests will count towards RA credit?

I have a BA degree in Pakistan from Punjab University, which would be evaluated as a 2-year associate degree from WES. Any idea on how that would work in transferring credits, if any?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RE: Help in mapping out a Bachelor's at COSC [International student] - rachel83az - 10-14-2020

It's a good idea to get your degree evaluated first so you can see EXACTLY what everything will count as. Otherwise, you're just going to risk duplicating courses and wasting your money. Your degree, once evaluated, should count as RA credits for the purposes of Sophia. It may or may not cover most of the general ed requirements; if it does, Sophia wouldn't be of any use to you.

The precise credits you'd need from SDC and elsewhere would, again, depend on what your current degree brings to COSC.

All TECEPs and UExcel exams count as RA credit by COSC.

One thing that COSC requires that your degree might not provide is a science course with a lab. TEL Learning is a cheap way to fulfill that requirement with RA credits.

RE: Help in mapping out a Bachelor's at COSC [International student] - xstrike9999 - 10-14-2020

Let's just assume my associate degree brings nothing.

Which specific courses would I need to take to get 90 ACE credits in the Organizational Leadership Bachelor's? and which specific TECEPs and UExcel exams would be needed for RA credit?

RE: Help in mapping out a Bachelor's at COSC [International student] - rachel83az - 10-14-2020

(10-14-2020, 09:04 AM)xstrike9999 Wrote:  and which specific TECEPs and UExcel exams would be needed for RA credit?

Literally all of them are RA credit. 

Quote:Let's just assume my associate degree brings nothing.
It's generally easiest to make sure that your RA credits cover the gen ed requirements because RA options for the actual AOS courses tend to be more spendy.  Gen Ed requirements for COSC can be found here: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/current/undergraduate-degree-requirements/gen_ed_requirements.php If you weren't international, I'd suggest Snow College as a possible quick and cheap way to get a bunch of RA credits. But since you're outside the US...

For RA options:
  • English Comp I & II: There are TECEPs for these or you can do TEL Learning; the UExcel is way too expensive for this.
  • Oral communication: Use TEL Learning; no TECEP or Uexcel fit this requirement.
  • Information Literacy: I think this is the cornerstone that must be taken at COSC.
  • Ethics: TECEP Business in Society, Environmental Ethics. UExcel Ethics Theory & Practice
  • US History/government: TEL Learning; one of the political science TECEPs might work but you'd have to ask.
  • Non-US History or culture: ASU EA or UExcel World Conflicts since 1900, World Population
  • Global understanding: UExcel World Conflicts since 1900, World Population
  • Literature and fine Arts: TECEP Music History II or UExcel Introduction to Music
  • Social/behavioral sciences: Uexcel microeconomics or macroeconomics, TECEP microeconomics, Uexcel Organizational behavior, TECEP Intro to political science, Uexcel Political science, any Psychology or sociology TECEP or Uexcel
  • Mathematics: TECEP college algebra or statistics, Uexcel calculus, contemporary mathematics, precalculus, quantitative analysis, statistics
  • Natural sciences: You MUST have at least one science-with-a-lab; easiest to access outside of the US is going to be TEL Learning.  Any other accepted science from Sophia can be used for the remaining 3 credits (not RA for Sophia).
You need 40 GE credits in total. Subtract oral communication, info literacy, and the science from Sophia and you get about 30 RA credits to choose from. You can also take some RA for your general electives, but Sophia will be the cheaper option there. 

For the AOS:
  • COM 326: Organizational Communication - SDC Busines 313: Organizational Communication
  • HRM 310: Human Resources Management - SDC Business 306: Strategic Human Resources Management
  • MGT 101: Principles of Management - SDC Business 101: Principles of Management
  • MGT 315: Organizational Behavior - SDC Business 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior
  • MGT 326: Organizational Theory - SDC Business 323: Organizational Theory
    or
    MGT 327: Organizational Change - SDC Business 304: Leading Organizational Change
  • MGT 330: Diversity & Inclusion in Workplace - ??? There is a UExcel Cultural Diversity but I don't think that one works here.
  • MGT 450: Leadership Practices - SDC Business 302: Foundations of Leadership
  • MGT 451: Team Leadership - ??? Possibly BYU? Would have to contact COSC.
  • MKT 220: Principles of Marketing - SDC Business 102: Principles of Marketing
  • PHL 485: Business Ethics & Individual Values - SDC Business 310: Advanced Business Ethics
    • One of the following electives:
    • MGT 350: Entrepreneurship - ????
    • MGT 360: Small Business Management - SDC Business 321: Small Business Management
    • MGT 460: Project Management - SDC Business 311: Project Management
    • MGT 467: Training and Development - ???

RE: Help in mapping out a Bachelor's at COSC [International student] - ss20ts - 10-14-2020

(10-14-2020, 09:04 AM)xstrike9999 Wrote: Let's just assume my associate degree brings nothing.

Which specific courses would I need to take to get 90 ACE credits in the Organizational Leadership Bachelor's? and which specific TECEPs and UExcel exams would be needed for RA credit?

Never assume an associate degree brings nothing! Usually you'll have completed some gen eds and courses which will come in as electives.