Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Free Quarter at NationsU - Religious Bachleors - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General "Big 3", B&M colleges, and other colleges (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Big-3-B-M-colleges-and-other-colleges)
+--- Thread: Free Quarter at NationsU - Religious Bachleors (/Thread-Free-Quarter-at-NationsU-Religious-Bachleors)

Pages: 1 2 3

Free Quarter at NationsU - Religious Bachleors - ashkir - 11-11-2020

Quote:In honor of 25 Years of Education Excellence, generous donors are willing to pay for 1 quarter of study. This gift allows you to study without any cost for one quarter except the $25 registration fee.All new students not eligible for other discounts who register on or after January 1, 2020 are eligible for this gift.

From NationsU
https://nationsu.edu/tuition-policy/

I found this rather interesting ! A free quarter? They're usually $450 per term. Not a bad deal if you want a religious degree.

RE: Free Quarter at NationsU - Religious Bachleors - rachel83az - 11-11-2020

They are only NA and not RA but, yes, they are an extremely inexpensive option if you just need a bachelor's degree and the accreditation doesn't matter.

RE: Free Quarter at NationsU - Religious Bachleors - bjcheung77 - 11-11-2020

This would be a great deal for those looking into Religious Degrees, they take up to 90 credits for the Bachelors. Good for them!

RE: Free Quarter at NationsU - Religious Bachleors - ashkir - 11-11-2020

The US Government did rule there is no difference in RA/NA but the schools will still act as if there is one. for religious studies I think the difference is basically none.

The 90 credit transfer is rather tempting a religious study degree isn't too bad, and is rather an interesting course of study.

RE: Free Quarter at NationsU - Religious Bachleors - rachel83az - 11-11-2020

They do NOT take CLEP/ACE/etc. credits. They ONLY accept credits from another university/college. I asked.

The biggest downside is you have to find your own personal proctor; they don't let you use a proctoring service.

RE: Free Quarter at NationsU - Religious Bachleors - bjcheung77 - 11-11-2020

I would recommend getting the Masters available there as it would be one of the cheapest yet accredited.

RE: Free Quarter at NationsU - Religious Bachleors - StoicJ - 11-11-2020

30 credits are gen ed, 30 are gen electives, 21 are required foundation, and 39 are additional religious. They are apparently not very open to accepting ACE-recommended. And though it is a RELIGIOUS studies program, it is really just old and new testament.

You could get 30 RA/NA gen credits transferred for things like English comp, some social sci, natural sci, humanities, etc. You could also get 30 RA/NA elective credits for whatever. The 60 required foundation + additional religious are all going to have to be religious courses.

I have syllabi and guides for two NU courses that I have been studying for a couple of weeks. I wanted to get a head start before beginning courses officially next week; hoping to complete the program over the 1 free term + 3 paid terms.

RE: Free Quarter at NationsU - Religious Bachleors - dfrecore - 11-11-2020

You might want to take a few courses there, and then transfer them to EC, as they will take NA credit. Make sure you do UL to get the most bang for your buck (or for free, whatever).

RE: Free Quarter at NationsU - Religious Bachleors - ss20ts - 11-11-2020

(11-11-2020, 01:39 PM)ashkir Wrote: The US Government did rule there is no difference in RA/NA but the schools will still act as if there is one. for religious studies I think the difference is basically none.

The 90 credit transfer is rather tempting a religious study degree isn't too bad, and is rather an interesting course of study.

There will be a whole new administration soon who has a very different approach to education so this NA/RA business may not be over with. Some jobs do require RA degrees. Transferring can be an issue with NA credit as well. Even applying to grad school a NA degree can be an issue. Some grad schools specify which RA degrees are acceptable into certain programs. If one wants to just get a degree there's nothing wrong with an NA degree. It's what you want to do later in life where this can become an issue unfortunately.

RE: Free Quarter at NationsU - Religious Bachleors - Seagull - 11-11-2020

(11-11-2020, 03:07 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 01:39 PM)as Wrote: The US Government did rule there is no difference in RA/NA but the schools will still act as if there is one. for religious studies I think the difference is basically none.

There will be a whole new administration soon who has a very different approach to education so this NA/RA business may not be over with. Some jobs do require RA degrees. Transferring can be an issue with NA credit as well. Even applying to grad school a NA degree can be an issue. Some grad schools specify which RA degrees are acceptable into certain programs. If one wants to just get a degree there's nothing wrong with an NA degree. It's what you want to do later in life where this can become an issue unfortunately.
As long as taxes are not raised to pay all the freebies. It would be about time to lower cost of education in US.