Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Graduate PreReqs - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Graduate School Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Graduate-School-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Graduate PreReqs (/Thread-Graduate-PreReqs)

Graduate PreReqs - RoyalSpade - 11-30-2020

I graduated with my masters degree in business management, I'm wanting to go back to school and get my a Doctorate degree. I'm wanting to do one of the Divinity Doctorates at Liberty University, perhaps become a chaplain. For the admission requirements you just need a masters but you also need 15 graduate level credits (doesn't need to be a part of the masters) in theology/Bible/religion. I don't want to do a whole other masters degree and the Graduate certificates offered at Liberty don't transition well into the Doctorate programs I want to pursue. I was thinking I would just enroll as a non degree seeking student with them, take some of the courses I would already need to satisfy the program requirements but their maximum credit amount is tapped out at 12 credits as a non-degree student so I would need to take another 3 credit course elsewhere. Does anybody know some very cheap acreditted Graduate-Level theology/religion courses? Any other thoughts or advice?

Sent from my SM-G973U using DegreeForum.net mobile app

RE: Graduate PreReqs - Thorne - 11-30-2020

(11-30-2020, 10:19 PM)RoyalSpade Wrote: I graduated with my masters degree in business management, I'm wanting to go back to school and get my a Doctorate degree. I'm wanting to do one of the Divinity Doctorates at Liberty University, perhaps become a chaplain. For the admission requirements you just need a masters but you also need 15 graduate level credits (doesn't need to be a part of the masters) in theology/Bible/religion. I don't want to do a whole other masters degree and the Graduate certificates offered at Liberty don't transition well into the Doctorate programs I want to pursue. I was thinking I would just enroll as a non degree seeking student with them, take some of the courses I would already need to satisfy the program requirements but their maximum credit amount is tapped out at 12 credits as a non-degree student so I would need to take another 3 credit course elsewhere. Does anybody know some very cheap acreditted Graduate-Level theology/religion courses? Any other thoughts or advice?

NationsU. It's like $1,000 for a semester and offers credits. Not sure if Liberty would take them, as Nations is NA and Liberty is RA

Graduate PreReqs - RoyalSpade - 12-01-2020

Have you done it?

Have you done it?
(11-30-2020, 11:56 PM)Thorne Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 10:19 PM)RoyalSpade Wrote: I graduated with my masters degree in business management, I'm wanting to go back to school and get my a Doctorate degree. I'm wanting to do one of the Divinity Doctorates at Liberty University, perhaps become a chaplain. For the admission requirements you just need a masters but you also need 15 graduate level credits (doesn't need to be a part of the masters) in theology/Bible/religion. I don't want to do a whole other masters degree and the Graduate certificates offered at Liberty don't transition well into the Doctorate programs I want to pursue. I was thinking I would just enroll as a non degree seeking student with them, take some of the courses I would already need to satisfy the program requirements but their maximum credit amount is tapped out at 12 credits as a non-degree student so I would need to take another 3 credit course elsewhere. Does anybody know some very cheap acreditted Graduate-Level theology/religion courses? Any other thoughts or advice?

NationsU. It's like $1,000 for a semester and offers credits. Not sure if Liberty would take them, as Nations is NA and Liberty is RA

RE: Graduate PreReqs - Thorne - 12-01-2020

I haven't, though some people here have tried. I've been tempted, but I don't need a religious degree for anything I'm working on

RE: Graduate PreReqs - 4Degree - 12-14-2020

I cannot speak for the admission requirements or the Doctorate program transfer credit policy, but in general LU will take some NaitonsU master level credits. I am finishing up the MTS program with NationsU, but I was considering transferring to LU at one time and was able to transfer some credits.