Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
How to use the new ACE system - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: How to use the new ACE system (/Thread-How-to-use-the-new-ACE-system)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

How to use the new ACE system - natshar - 12-03-2020

Can someone walk me through how to use the new ACE system I'm totally lost on it. I don't even know how to login and add the stuff to the new transcript system.

Questions I have:

Can I transfer my old ACE to the new system? Do I have access to my old records (for say I don't remember what I completed and/or when I completed it)?

How you do you login and add stuff to the new system?

Anything on this subject would help.

For context: I bookmarked the old transcript page long time ago and that is what I always used to add classes but I never sent anything to a school. After hearing about the changes, I kept checking but the site via the bookmark always looked the same for me. Around the 26th of November, I took a 1 credit TEEX just to test it and added it to ACE no problem and got approved. Then on December 1st the site changed and redirects somewhere different and I totally forgot to send my ACE to TESU before December 1st. How do I send everything to TESU including my old courses with this new system?

How to use the new ACE system - ROYISAGIRL - 12-03-2020

You have to sign up for a credily account. I used the same email as my ace account. Once there depending on what provider it is it may auto update and ask you to verify your badges. Some providers you have to do some leg work.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app

RE: How to use the new ACE system - rachel83az - 12-03-2020

You will need to create an account at http://youracclaim.com/ It will be completely blank. Despite what ACE seemed to be saying, there is no automatic transfer. There is no way to get credits added to your new account unless your granting institution has a method. As of right now, there is NO way to add TEEX credits to the new system. Instructions for SL, CSM Learn, and SDC can be found here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/American_Council_on_Education Sophia is complicated: if you took Sophia courses before October, you have to contact support and have them manually add those courses to your transcript. Courses completed in October or after will have a link for you to claim a badge.

(12-03-2020, 01:09 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: You have to sign up for a credily account. I used the same email as my ace account. Once there depending on what provider it is it may auto update and ask you to verify your badges. Some providers you have to do some leg work.

For some clarification: Credly is the system that the institutions (Sophia, SL, etc.) use. Acclaim/YourAcclaim is the system for students. I think that there is some confusion because they're used interchangeably when they're not quite the same thing.

RE: How to use the new ACE system - ROYISAGIRL - 12-03-2020

(12-03-2020, 01:15 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You will need to create an account at http://youracclaim.com/ It will be completely blank. Despite what ACE seemed to be saying, there is no automatic transfer. There is no way to get credits added to your new account unless your granting institution has a method. As of right now, there is NO way to add TEEX credits to the new system. Instructions for SL, CSM Learn, and SDC can be found here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/American_Council_on_Education Sophia is complicated: if you took Sophia courses before October, you have to contact support and have them manually add those courses to your transcript. Courses completed in October or after will have a link for you to claim a badge.

(12-03-2020, 01:09 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: You have to sign up for a credily account. I used the same email as my ace account. Once there depending on what provider it is it may auto update and ask you to verify your badges. Some providers you have to do some leg work.

For some clarification: Credly is the system that the institutions (Sophia, SL, etc.) use. Acclaim/YourAcclaim is the system for students. I think that there is some confusion because they're used interchangeably when they're not quite the same thing.
The acclaim account says "Acclaim by Credly" that's why people use it that way.

(12-03-2020, 02:15 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: The acclaim account says "Acclaim by Credly" that's why people use it that way.

Right, I do understand that. But for someone who is new and who doesn't understand, going to the actual Credly site is just going to lead to more confusion.

RE: How to use the new ACE system - bjcheung77 - 12-03-2020

Rachel83Az, these instructions are great! It's weird for me, Study.com actually required me to type something into the Institution field, if I left it blank, it would not allow me to continue. So, I just typed a letter in there and off it went! Yup, Study.com is so awesome, they're most prepared and easiest to deal with this transition... I got my badges all within the same day or the next day. Great job Study.com for keeping up with ACE's change to Acclaim/Credly!

RE: How to use the new ACE system - ROYISAGIRL - 12-03-2020

(12-03-2020, 02:21 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 02:15 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: The acclaim account says "Acclaim by Credly" that's why people use it that way.

Right, I do understand that. But for someone who is new and who doesn't understand, going to the actual Credly site is just going to lead to more confusion.
I'm not arguing was just saying why I called it Credly

RE: How to use the new ACE system - Dorothy44 - 12-03-2020

Just a note: My sons already sent SDC courses to TESU directly. I don't know if that affects the courses going to Acclaim or not?

Also, they are not enrolled in the College Accelerator plan over the holidays. As a result, SDC is not allowing me to send transcripts (badges) to Acclaim through my SDC account because I cannot view my courses without a membership plan. We are going to upgrade again in January. Hopefully, it will work better by then, or I may need to email study.com to get transcripts sent if you are not in a membership plan.

(12-03-2020, 03:30 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote: Just a note:  My sons already sent SDC courses to TESU directly.  I don't know if that affects the courses going to Acclaim or not?  

Also, they are not enrolled in the College Accelerator plan over the holidays.  As a result, SDC is not allowing me to send transcripts (badges) to Acclaim  through my SDC account because I cannot view my courses without a membership plan.  We are going to upgrade again in January.  Hopefully, it will work better by then, or I may need to email study.com to get transcripts sent if you are not in a membership plan.

Sending a transcript to TESU directly has no bearing on Acclaim at all. The biggest reason for sending your classes to Acclaim (IMO) is so that you have a place to view them even when you have no subscription. Once you have subscriptions again, it will be extremely easy to request that your courses get added to Acclaim. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Study.com_Acclaim_Process

(12-03-2020, 02:23 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Rachel83Az, these instructions are great!  It's weird for me, Study.com actually required me to type something into the Institution field, if I left it blank, it would not allow me to continue.  So, I just typed a letter in there and off it went!  

Thanks! And I forgot about that step when writing out the instructions, thanks for pointing that out. I've added it back in to prevent future confusion.

RE: How to use the new ACE system - bjcheung77 - 12-03-2020

@Dorothy44 - I would just go on with what you're doing right now and worry about it when the time comes to renew Study.com membership. You should update Study.com courses and have them transferred into Acclaim/Credly for credit banking your courses. I used the ACE system to keep track of all my credits, the Acclaim/Credly system should be treated the same way - a storage of all your ACE courses/credits you have accumulated.