Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Uexcel for RA credit? Other sources besides TEL and ASU EA - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: COSC - Charter Oak State College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-COSC-Charter-Oak-State-College-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Uexcel for RA credit? Other sources besides TEL and ASU EA (/Thread-Uexcel-for-RA-credit-Other-sources-besides-TEL-and-ASU-EA)

Pages: 1 2

Uexcel for RA credit? Other sources besides TEL and ASU EA - erials76 - 01-07-2021

Pursuing a BS in Psychology at COSC. I am wondering about sources guaranteed to transfer in as RA credit. I know about TEL and ASU EA. Wondering about Uexcel exams and Outlier? Are there others I should look at?

I am using Sophia and SDC for my other material. I just need 6 more courses (18 credits) of RA.

RE: Uexcel for RA credit? Other sources besides TEL and ASU EA - rachel83az - 01-07-2021

UExcel is good. Outlier, too.

Also TECEPs should work. No psychology but there are gen eds at least: https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php

Have you looked at cheap community colleges like NMJC and Luna?

You have taken into account the statistics course that COSC requires you to take through them for the Psych degree, yes?

RE: Uexcel for RA credit? Other sources besides TEL and ASU EA - erials76 - 01-07-2021

(01-07-2021, 08:34 AM)rachel83az Wrote: UExcel is good. Outlier, too.

Also TECEPs should work. No psychology but there are gen eds at least: https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php

Have you looked at cheap community colleges like NMJC and Luna?

You have taken into account the statistics course that COSC requires you to take through them for the Psych degree, yes?

Thanks that helps! And yes, I am planning to take the stats course at BYU.

RE: Uexcel for RA credit? Other sources besides TEL and ASU EA - dfrecore - 01-07-2021

Some inexpensive sources of RA Credit

EXAMS
TECEP Exam - $50/cr for LL = ~ $140/3cr course; $75/cr for UL = ~ $225/3cr course
UExcel Exam – generally $110/3cr course + PearsonVUE test center fees (~$50)

SELF-PACED COURSES
TEL Learning (thru 5 different schools, self-paced) - $67/cr = ~ $200/3cr course
U of Arkansas Self-Paced Online - $165/cr = $495/course
U of Idaho Independent Study - $160/cr = $510/course
CSU Pueblo Independent Studies (self-paced) - $205/cr = $615/course
BYU Independent Study (self-paced) - $212/cr = $636/course
Portage Learning (Geneva College, self-paced) - $198/cr = $594/3cr course, $792 for 4cr labs
Westcott Courses (Brandman University, self-paced) - $499-$973 for each 3 or 4cr course

REGULAR COURSES
Clovis CC (NM) - $111/cr + fees = ~ $403/3cr course
Luna CC - $40/cr + fees = ~ $160/3cr course
ETSU Open BUCS - $300/3cr course (only 2 courses, free to take, then costs to put the on transcript)
Clovis CC (NM) - $111/cr + fees = ~ $403/3cr course
ES/ASU - $425/course
BYU Idaho - $160/cr = ~ $480/course
Univ of Northern Alabama Accounting Career Completion Program - $545/course
FHSU - $227/cr = ~ $681/course

RE: Uexcel for RA credit? Other sources besides TEL and ASU EA - Holmes - 01-07-2021

So, TECEP will count as an RA credit for COSC, but not for TESU itself? I think I read that some where, except for military students.

I really can't comprehend the amount of arbitrariness in almost every aspect of online degrees! If some one designed an algorithm to pick the policies for these universities/colleges on a random basis, it will achieve a more reasonable situation!

RE: Uexcel for RA credit? Other sources besides TEL and ASU EA - bjcheung77 - 01-07-2021

Holmes Wrote:So, TECEP will count as an RA credit for COSC, but not for TESU itself? I think I read that some where, except for military students.

I really can't comprehend the amount of arbitrariness in almost every aspect of online degrees! If some one designed an algorithm to pick the policies for these universities/colleges on a random basis, it will achieve a more reasonable situation!

TECEP will count for TESU, just not for residency requirements unless you're military. It won't count for residency requirements anywhere, the same goes for UEXCELS, they're not going to be residency requirements for any school. These are just exams where you get credit for the courses if you pass the exam.

Each and every school has X amount of credits that are residency requirements where you must take those credits at the school to graduate. The Big 3 allows a range of transfer credits, the max is 113 at Excelsior or 114 at COSC/TESU, the least you can take is 6 credits (Cornerstone/Capstone).

RE: Uexcel for RA credit? Other sources besides TEL and ASU EA - dfrecore - 01-08-2021

(01-07-2021, 08:37 PM)Holmes Wrote: So, TECEP will count as an RA credit for COSC, but not for TESU itself? I think I read that some where, except for military students.

RA = Regionally Accredited
Residency = number of credits required to be taken AT THE SCHOOL IN QUESTION

Two totally different things.

RE: Uexcel for RA credit? Other sources besides TEL and ASU EA - Holmes - 01-10-2021

(01-08-2021, 01:45 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 08:37 PM)Holmes Wrote: So, TECEP will count as an RA credit for COSC, but not for TESU itself? I think I read that some where, except for military students.

RA = Regionally Accredited
Residency = number of credits required to be taken AT THE SCHOOL IN QUESTION

Two totally different things.

I know the difference. I was confused because I thought it does not count as an RA credit in TESU (because it is an exam). Part of the confusion was because people rushed into another sources of RA from other universities, not into taking or considering TECEP and UExcel.

RE: Uexcel for RA credit? Other sources besides TEL and ASU EA - Cofffeee - 01-15-2021

In some cases its easier to take RA outside TESU. Coz some TECEP is hard to pass. Thats why i believe people often go for other RA
also in some cases RA course offered by other institutions cheaper than take its equivalent at TESU

RE: Uexcel for RA credit? Other sources besides TEL and ASU EA - Seagull - 01-15-2021

(01-07-2021, 08:37 PM)Holmes Wrote: I really can't comprehend the amount of arbitrariness in almost every aspect of online degrees! If some one designed an algorithm to pick the policies for these universities/colleges on a random basis, it will achieve a more reasonable situation!
Ultimately the reason is that each college wants to make some amount of money out of conferring a degree, and so all these rules are designed so students do not take too many shortcuts. For example, if TECEPs were allowed towards residency, that would be great. But then the college would lose those $3000 for all the students that won't take 6 courses with them at $1500 per course.

Even now with colleges losing money because of covid, thus the change from 114 credits allowed at TESU to 90. And dropping some of the allowed alternative courses so that the only choice student have is to take courses through them