Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits) - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General "Big 3", B&M colleges, and other colleges (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Big-3-B-M-colleges-and-other-colleges)
+--- Thread: Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits) (/Thread-Olivet-Nazarene-YourWay-more-cheap-RA-credits)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits) - nomaduser - 01-27-2021

They're not sending me any response yet.

RE: Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits) - bjcheung77 - 01-27-2021

They have several courses, it's almost perfect for those needing the 24 RA credits for general education courses.
Here's the info I dug up: https://edscoop.com/olivet-nazarene-u-launches-virtual-tuition-free-classes-for-adults/
You can also read it on the HSCC blog: https://homeschoolingforcollegecredit.com/2021/01/26/asu-earned-admission-copycats-olivet-nazarene-university/amp/

RE: Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits) - monchevy - 01-27-2021

I have too many transcripts, otherwise I'd probably do this. I've been taking one class here, one class there, wherever I could find the right class at the right price. I wonder if you really do have to send in every college transcript, or if just a high school one would do.

RE: Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits) - rachel83az - 01-27-2021

I went through the catalog and found the courses listed, linked them below. Granted, they might be slightly different but I imagine the descriptions will largely be accurate because it's the same university and all.

ENG 109 - College Writing I
ENG 200 - College Writing II
COM 105 - Oral Communication
FIN 105 - Fine Arts
ENG 204 - World Literature
BIB 105 - Introduction to Christianity
BIB 215 - Understanding the Bible
THE 310 - Christianity and Culture (UL)
MTH 117 - Finite Math
BIO 201 - General Biological Science
HIS 210 - Western Civilization
HIS 379 - Latin American History and Politics (UL)
SOC 120 - Introduction to Sociology
FAC 126 - Nutrition, Health, and Fitness

(01-27-2021, 04:17 PM)monchevy Wrote: I have too many transcripts, otherwise I'd probably do this. I've been taking one class here, one class there, wherever I could find the right class at the right price. I wonder if you really do have to send in every college transcript, or if just a high school one would do.

dfrecore did say that you only need to send in unofficial transcripts. Those don't cost anything. I added ASU and Pierpont. It asks if you have a HS diploma or GED but I couldn't figure out how to add a GED to the "list of schools". So we'll see what they make of that.

RE: Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits) - monchevy - 01-27-2021

(01-27-2021, 04:24 PM)rachel83az Wrote: dfrecore did say that you only need to send in unofficial transcripts. Those don't cost anything. I added ASU and Pierpont. It asks if you have a HS diploma or GED but I couldn't figure out how to add a GED to the "list of schools". So we'll see what they make of that.

They will accept unofficial transcripts to get the ball rolling while they wait for the official ones. They do need the official ones.

RE: Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits) - aaronf1991 - 01-27-2021

Anyone know if these will transfer to ASU or SNHU?

RE: Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits) - rachel83az - 01-27-2021

(01-27-2021, 06:05 PM)aaronf1991 Wrote: Anyone know if these will transfer to ASU or SNHU?

Since these are RA credits, they should. ASU isn't overly generous with transfers, though. From what I could see last time I looked, they are quite limiting. They really want you to take everything with them. I think SNHU is slightly better but I have never looked into it directly.

RE: Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits) - dfrecore - 01-27-2021

(01-27-2021, 04:38 PM)monchevy Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 04:24 PM)rachel83az Wrote: dfrecore did say that you only need to send in unofficial transcripts. Those don't cost anything. I added ASU and Pierpont. It asks if you have a HS diploma or GED but I couldn't figure out how to add a GED to the "list of schools". So we'll see what they make of that.

They will accept unofficial transcripts to get the ball rolling while they wait for the official ones. They do need the official ones.

The person I talked to said her daughter did not need to send the official ones.  She was able to enroll without sending them.

RE: Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits) - ctcarl - 01-27-2021

(01-27-2021, 12:48 PM)monchevy Wrote:
(01-27-2021, 12:45 PM)ctcarl Wrote: Anyone know the content delivery system?  Are we looking at edX?

I forget offhand, but it's in the FAQ.

Couldn't find it in the FAQ, but for what it's worth, it looks like they use Trailhead, with online exams proctored by Kryterion Sentinel Secure.

RE: Olivet Nazarene YourWay (more cheap RA credits) - rachel83az - 01-28-2021

I just got my acceptance email from Olivet but it's not allowing me to log in. I'll give it a couple of hours, just in case there's still something initializing, and try again later before emailing IT.