Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Alternative places to take American Government, Calculus to be transferred into TESU? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Alternative places to take American Government, Calculus to be transferred into TESU? (/Thread-Alternative-places-to-take-American-Government-Calculus-to-be-transferred-into-TESU)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Alternative places to take American Government, Calculus to be transferred into TESU? - StudentOLife - 03-20-2021

Really, wouldn't it be up to ACE @rachel83az.
@bjcheung77, not yet, got some competing topics needing to do at the moment thus hoping for some more time with SL on Calculus I&II

RE: Alternative places to take American Government, Calculus to be transferred into TESU? - rachel83az - 03-20-2021

(03-20-2021, 06:25 PM)StudentOLife Wrote: Really, wouldn't it be up to ACE @rachel83az.
@bjcheung77, not yet, got some competing topics needing to do at the moment thus hoping for some more time with SL on Calculus I&II

Yes. But it would literally be the first time that I'm aware of that a place applied for renewal and there was no renewal. If SL applied for renewal, there's a good 99.9% chance that it'll get renewed.

RE: Alternative places to take American Government, Calculus to be transferred into TESU? - BadBradsBBQ - 03-21-2021

(03-19-2021, 07:42 PM)StudentOLife Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 09:19 AM)BadBradsBBQ Wrote: Also for Calculus I, you can do the Uexcel through Excelsior College and that is $110 plus proctoring/testing center fee, that is the cheapest RA option, especially if you can self study or are already familiar with calculus.

Thanks! any alternative spots for Calculus 2? SL seem confident that they will renew their ACE standing.. fingers crossed.

I think SL is definitely your best bet for Calculus II, cost and time commitment should be quite a bit less than the alternatives that I am aware of.

RE: Alternative places to take American Government, Calculus to be transferred into TESU? - StudentOLife - 04-25-2021

Found out from student advisor that that study.com’s American gov isn’t good anymore even though ace website says it’s good... worries me a little that ace site and TESU aren’t aligned...?

RE: Alternative places to take American Government, Calculus to be transferred into TESU? - Cofffeee - 04-25-2021

Maybe just TESU decided to cut off many SDC courses for fun of it. Looks like Big 3 is not that big anymore

RE: Alternative places to take American Government, Calculus to be transferred into TESU? - P226mem - 04-25-2021

(04-25-2021, 06:23 AM)StudentOLife Wrote: Found out from student advisor that that study.com’s American gov isn’t good anymore even though ace website says it’s good... worries me a little that ace site and TESU aren’t aligned...?

Correct. I'm not really sure why it wasn't brought up on this thread earlier. The Study.com (SDC) American Government is "not good anymore" at TESU for the Civics requirement in Gen Ed. The course still can have credit in free electives or maybe something else, but not the Civics requirement.

See this post from October 2020: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-SDC-and-TESU-American-Gov-t?pid=320785#pid320785

and note in the post it also says
The Study.com course Political Science 103 will transfer as POS-282 and will complete the Civic Engagement requirement upon transfer.

Yes, there are lag times with updating info on changes which is why one has to always double check stuff.  With the SDC course the transfer number changed so we kinda had a hint that something had changed similar to when some numbers changed with SDC english compositions.

RE: Alternative places to take American Government, Calculus to be transferred into TESU? - rachel83az - 04-25-2021

American Government from InstantCert or Political Science 103: Comparative Politics at SDC should still work for the civic engagement portion.

RE: Alternative places to take American Government, Calculus to be transferred into TESU? - dfrecore - 04-25-2021

(04-25-2021, 06:36 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: Maybe just TESU decided to cut off many SDC courses for fun of it. Looks like Big 3 is not that big anymore

Still exactly the same size: 3