Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
upper level business credits at EC - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: EU - Excelsior University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-EU-Excelsior-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: upper level business credits at EC (/Thread-upper-level-business-credits-at-EC)

Pages: 1 2

upper level business credits at EC - MCJ - 03-07-2021

Hi, I am in the middle of my business/accounting degree at Excelsior. Anyone know where I can find upper level business/accounting credits that are accepted at Excelsior?

RE: upper level business credits at EC - rachel83az - 03-07-2021

At Study.com, Accounting 301, 302, and 303 are upper level credits. Business 303-308, 310-325. Finance 301-306. Marketing 301, 302, 303, 306, 308.

See: https://study.com/college/school/excelsior-college.html

RE: upper level business credits at EC - dfrecore - 03-07-2021

Lots of UL at Study.com. They will also take Davar.

RE: upper level business credits at EC - rachel83az - 03-08-2021

(03-07-2021, 08:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Lots of UL at Study.com.  They will also take Davar.

I hesitate to recommend Davar for business at Excelsior. While it's true that Excelsior still appears to accept the Gen Eds at Davar, the same cannot be said of the business classes. They used to show equivalents for TESU, Excelsior, and COSC. Now, Davar only shows TESU. This leads me to wonder if they stopped accepting Davar's business classes or if they're not considered to be UL options.

RE: upper level business credits at EC - ctcarl - 03-21-2021

(03-08-2021, 03:32 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 08:36 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Lots of UL at Study.com.  They will also take Davar.

I hesitate to recommend Davar for business at Excelsior. While it's true that Excelsior still appears to accept the Gen Eds at Davar, the same cannot be said of the business classes. They used to show equivalents for TESU, Excelsior, and COSC. Now, Davar only shows TESU. This leads me to wonder if they stopped accepting Davar's business classes or if they're not considered to be UL options.

For whatever it's worth, Davar CIS315 Management Information Systems and MAN310 Organizational Behavior both came in as UL for me at EC less than a year ago.  I had other Davar courses approved as UL but didn't need them.

I'd suggest running any Davar courses you'd like to take past your advisor.

RE: upper level business credits at EC - Motivate Man - 05-06-2021

What’s the work load for UL courses at Davar?

RE: upper level business credits at EC - rachel83az - 05-06-2021

(05-06-2021, 07:58 AM)Motivate Man Wrote: What’s the work load for UL courses at Davar?

IIRC, for the most part, they let you know what book you're supposed to read and maybe they give you some slides. When you feel like you've memorized both, you take a test. A couple of them have an essay assignment portion.

RE: upper level business credits at EC - bjcheung77 - 05-06-2021

rachel83az Wrote:
Motivate Man Wrote:What’s the work load for UL courses at Davar?

IIRC, for the most part, they let you know what book you're supposed to read and maybe they give you some slides. When you feel like you've memorized both, you take a test. A couple of them have an essay assignment portion.

Basically it's best to know all the material in the presentations or slides they give you access to and the required text book readings.  Essentially, everything would be based on their learning material they provide you, the textbook is more like an extra resources if you need the extra info - more of a reference and learning medium but the main study you should do will be all the presentation material they give you.

RE: upper level business credits at EC - MCJ - 02-10-2023

Hi I am looking for an equivalent for the advanced financial management at Excelsior Business. Didnt find an equivalent at SDC or Davar. Any suggestions? Can be LL.

RE: upper level business credits at EC - smarterby1degree - 02-15-2023

Maybe Coopersmith. You can email them or call them and they can tell you what class meets that requirement.

BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS

Accounting Information Systems (ACC-500)
Accounting Research and Communication (ACC-575)
Advanced Accounting (ACC-400)
Applied Managerial Statistics (MAT-500)
Business Communications (BUS-222)
Business Environment & Concepts (BUS-550)
Business Ethics and Policy (BUS-575)
Business Etiquette and Personal Development (BUS-160)
Business Fundamentals of Accounting and Finance (ACC-105)
Business Law (BUS-312)
Business Negotiation (BUS-355)
Business Plan Development (BUS-500)
Concepts in Leadership (BUS-356)
Corporate Advertising and Branding (BUS-315)
Cost Accounting (ACC-385)
Federal Taxation of Business Entities (ACC-352)
Federal Taxation of Individuals (ACC-351)
Forensic Accounting (ACC-325)
Foundations of Entrepreneurship (BUS-350)
Fraud and Forensic Accounting (ACC-535)
Fundamentals of Management (BUS-101)
Hotel Sales and Marketing (BUS-222); Formerly Hotel Sales and Marketing (HOS-222) (HOS-222 / BUS-222)
Human Capital Management (MGT-500)
Human Resources Management (BUS-202)
Intermediate Accounting I (ACC 301)
Intermediate Accounting II (ACC-302)
International Business (BUS-201)
Introduction to Auditing (ACC-175)
Introduction to Business Ethics (BUS-205)
Introduction to Marketing (BUS-102)
Macroeconomics (ECO-102)
Management Information Systems (BUS-203)
Managerial Accounting (ACC-215)
Microeconomics (ECO-101)
Operations Methods and Systems (BUS-316)
Organizational Behavior (BUS-302)
Principles of Accounting I (ACC-101)
Principles of Accounting II (ACC-102)
Principles of Finance (FIN-101)
Project Management (BUS-390)
Recruitment and Selection (BUS-303)
Small Business Management (BUS-401)
Social Media Marketing (BUS-225)
Special Events and Meeting Planning (SMP-101)
The Law of Business and Business Organizations (BUS-311)
Training and Development (BUS-304)