Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Is it possible to "double dip" a BA in liberal studies? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General "Big 3", B&M colleges, and other colleges (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Big-3-B-M-colleges-and-other-colleges)
+--- Thread: Is it possible to "double dip" a BA in liberal studies? (/Thread-Is-it-possible-to-double-dip-a-BA-in-liberal-studies)

Is it possible to "double dip" a BA in liberal studies? - NEED5SPEED - 03-11-2021

A BA in liberal studies is supposedly easy to power through. Would you say it is possible to transfer credits from going to Excelsior first and then rolling over credits to TESU to get an additional BA? I want to say I got two BA's in the same subject at once for the laughs. Tongue

RE: Is it possible to "double dip" a BA in liberal studies? - rachel83az - 03-11-2021

No, TESU would require you to get 30 NEW credits beyond your previous Bachelor's. Instead of doing that, I would suggest just getting 2 bachelor's at TESU at once or go to UMPI and get two degrees/minors there. Also, a BALS might be easiest to power through but I would strongly recommend that if you're going to put that much effort in that you actually choose a degree or degrees relevant to your future career path.

RE: Is it possible to "double dip" a BA in liberal studies? - natshar - 03-11-2021

(03-11-2021, 07:18 AM)NEED5SPEED Wrote: A BA in liberal studies is supposedly easy to power through. Would you say it is possible to transfer credits from going to Excelsior first and then rolling over credits to TESU to get an additional BA? I want to say I got two BA's in the same subject at once for the laughs. Tongue

Not possible and wouldn't recommend it if it was.

I got two associates (from two different schools) in the same subject "just for laughs." The degree/major is was an associate in General Studies. But it wasn't at the same time, it was 4 years apart. The second one did use 75% recycled credits from the first though. To be honest it wasn't that funny. And I don't recommend doing it unless the universe aligns like it did for me. 

Newbies always try to imagine multiple degrees. Just stick with one. If you really want multiples, COSC requires two concentrations so go there for a BA. Or if add two AOS at TESU or two minors at UMPI. Or at TESU/COSC get both an AA and BA with no extra work for the AA.

Just start with one thing and stick to it, don't imagine multiple degrees yet. If I took this advice I'd have bachelor's years ago.

RE: Is it possible to "double dip" a BA in liberal studies? - bjcheung77 - 03-11-2021

LOL, are you an active duty service person or a veteran? There are so many variables in play, do you have GI Bill or tuition assistance reimbursement? How about the Excelsior Degree, has it been conferred yet? If you have the energy, money and time to go for a second degree, I suggest a competency based Masters degree instead. The ROI and value will trump that extra Bachelors degree... But to answer your question, if you have the extra energy, money, time... Yes and No. I’ll elaborate more on this later...

Is it possible to "double dip" a BA in liberal studies? - harrypotter - 03-12-2021

TESU doesn’t allow a second BA in the same subject as a previous one. That’s the same case anywhere I believe.