Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
University of the People credits? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: General "Big 3", B&M colleges, and other colleges (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Big-3-B-M-colleges-and-other-colleges)
+--- Thread: University of the People credits? (/Thread-University-of-the-People-credits)

Pages: 1 2

University of the People credits? - nomaduser - 03-24-2021

Hello guys,

Can we transfer UoP credits to other colleges???
I'm not sure if that's possible.

RE: University of the People credits? - rachel83az - 03-24-2021

UoP is NA. This limits its transferability. Excelsior would be the easiest way to make use of UoP credits. Likely in a BALS degree. COSC and TESU won't take them at all. I think WGU does accept NA credits but I'm not sure.

RE: University of the People credits? - bjcheung77 - 03-24-2021

Yes for sure, many many international, NA and RA colleges/universities will accept NA credits, from an "older" study made by one of the alternative credit pioneers, they are recognized at roughly 20% of RA colleges/universities. You just need to contact the schools you're interested in, and ask if they accept DEAC accredited programs that are recognized by the CHEA/USDOE.

RE: University of the People credits? - StoicJ - 03-24-2021

(03-24-2021, 04:19 PM)nomaduser Wrote: Hello guys,

Can we transfer UoP credits to other colleges???
I'm not sure if that's possible.
I wonder if more than a couple of people in here even HAVE UoPeople credits.

Anyway, it is nationally-accredited, so obviously that opens up some transferability.

CERTAINLY many schools (both RA and NA) will accept UoPeople transfer credits.

RE: University of the People credits? - SweetSecret - 03-25-2021

Walden will take some transfer credits.

RE: University of the People credits? - nomaduser - 03-25-2021

I realized my university won't take their credits.
Most of popular RA universities won't accept NA credits Sad

RE: University of the People credits? - Vle045 - 04-06-2021

(03-25-2021, 08:03 PM)SweetSecret Wrote: Walden will take some transfer credits.

From the University of the People’s MBA program?  I am supposed to start the UoP marketing class this week, but just learned about Walden...   I don’t know if I want to continue with UoP’s format.   I think I signed up more out of curiosity than anything else.

RE: University of the People credits? - Alpha - 04-12-2021

I hadn't heard this development but I'm often the last to know.  Maybe it's common knowledge
University of the People Opens Its Online Courses to Any University -- Campus Technology

RE: University of the People credits? - Vle045 - 04-12-2021

(04-12-2021, 12:45 PM)Alpha Wrote: I hadn't heard this development but I'm often the last to know.  Maybe it's common knowledge
University of the People Opens Its Online Courses to Any University -- Campus Technology

I wonder if any schools actually took them up on it.

RE: University of the People credits? - wow - 04-12-2021

(04-12-2021, 12:59 PM)Vle045 Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 12:45 PM)Alpha Wrote: I hadn't heard this development but I'm often the last to know.  Maybe it's common knowledge

I wonder if any schools actually took them up on it.
I am pretty sure this is a new, so it's too soon to know. It will be interesting to see how it goes.