Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
CARES act financial disbursement - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: UMPI - University of Maine at Presque Isle Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-UMPI-University-of-Maine-at-Presque-Isle-Discussion)
+--- Thread: CARES act financial disbursement (/Thread-CARES-act-financial-disbursement)

Pages: 1 2

CARES act financial disbursement - ashkir - 03-25-2021

I was able to confirm that YourPace counts for this. For any current students that owe money check your MaineSteet if you filed for FAFSA for a few hundred dollars grant Smile

RE: CARES act financial disbursement - DanielDaCosta87 - 03-25-2021

I didn’t receive a lot, but it will help!  Smile

RE: CARES act financial disbursement - missbootyfull - 03-25-2021

Oh my gosh! That made my day lol. 500!

RE: CARES act financial disbursement - bjcheung77 - 03-25-2021

Hey, thanks for the info. Is it 500 for everyone who qualifies? Is it a set limit for each school?

RE: CARES act financial disbursement - ashkir - 03-25-2021

(03-25-2021, 11:31 AM)DanielDaCosta87 Wrote: I didn’t receive a lot, but it will help!  Smile
Anything's beter then nothing! I got $375! Nooot bad considering I only have about $550 left owed for this term. This made  a nice dent Smile
(03-25-2021, 03:00 PM)missbootyfull Wrote: Oh my gosh! That made my day lol. 500!
Nice! I got 375!
(03-25-2021, 03:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, thanks for the info.  Is it 500 for everyone who qualifies? Is it a set limit for each school?

No. It isn't. It depends upon your income level. This is from the President of UMPI:
Raymond Rice, president of UMPI Wrote:Dear UMPI Students,

On January 14, 2021 Congress approved a second COVID Relief bill which included an additional round of student emergency relief funds to be distributed to college students.  The University of Maine at Presque Isle was allocated $305,499 for use in this way.

All UMPI degree seeking (matriculated) students currently enrolled for the spring 2021 term are eligible for this disbursement.  Based upon current federal guidance, this includes only US citizens and eligible non-citizens.  

UMPI is prioritizing the amount of individual awards based upon student financial need.  Accordingly, students will be prioritized in accordance with their Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the following manner:

EFC from $0 to $5711 – Level One
EFC from $5712 to $25,000 – Level Two
EFC above $25,000 or no aid application on file – Level Three

In addition to need, the campus will also consider enrollment level when determining the final award amount.  This is categorized as Full-time (12 credits or more), Part-time (6-11 credits), and Less than Half-time (3-5 credits).  

The amount distributed to each eligible, matriculated UMPI student is thus determined by the following table in regards to credit hours:

[Image: lcmh3M.png]

Notice of individual awards will be communicated to eligible students using Maine Street Message Center.

If you are a UMPI Student, LOG INTO MAINESTREET. http://mainestreet.maine.edu/ Click "Student Services" above your financial aid / tuition package there should be a note waiting for you, only IF you applied FAFSA. Here's what my message says:

[Image: lcmi8f.png]

(don't worry about the name that name is just my first name... I have a rather unique real first name ; )

RE: CARES act financial disbursement - missbootyfull - 03-25-2021

(03-25-2021, 07:29 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 11:31 AM)DanielDaCosta87 Wrote: I didn’t receive a lot, but it will help!  Smile
Anything's beter then nothing! I got $375! Nooot bad considering I only have about $550 left owed for this term. This made  a nice dent Smile
(03-25-2021, 03:00 PM)missbootyfull Wrote: Oh my gosh! That made my day lol. 500!
Nice! I got 375!
(03-25-2021, 03:25 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, thanks for the info.  Is it 500 for everyone who qualifies? Is it a set limit for each school?

No. It isn't. It depends upon your income level. This is from the President of UMPI:
Raymond Rice, president of UMPI Wrote:Dear UMPI Students,

On January 14, 2021 Congress approved a second COVID Relief bill which included an additional round of student emergency relief funds to be distributed to college students.  The University of Maine at Presque Isle was allocated $305,499 for use in this way.

All UMPI degree seeking (matriculated) students currently enrolled for the spring 2021 term are eligible for this disbursement.  Based upon current federal guidance, this includes only US citizens and eligible non-citizens.  

UMPI is prioritizing the amount of individual awards based upon student financial need.  Accordingly, students will be prioritized in accordance with their Expected Family Contribution (EFC) in the following manner:

EFC from $0 to $5711 – Level One
EFC from $5712 to $25,000 – Level Two
EFC above $25,000 or no aid application on file – Level Three

In addition to need, the campus will also consider enrollment level when determining the final award amount.  This is categorized as Full-time (12 credits or more), Part-time (6-11 credits), and Less than Half-time (3-5 credits).  

The amount distributed to each eligible, matriculated UMPI student is thus determined by the following table in regards Maine Street Message Center.

If you are a UMPI Student, LOG INTO MAINESTREET. http://mainestreet.maine.edu/ Click "Student Services" above your financial aid / tuition package there should be a note waiting for you, only IF you applied FAFSA. Here's what my message says:

[Image: lcmi8f.png]

(don't worry about the name that name is just my first name... I have a rather unique real first name ; )
Hahaha actually great name! Big Grin

RE: CARES act financial disbursement - DanielDaCosta87 - 03-25-2021

St. Nicholas is a famous Saint in my country lol Big Grin

RE: CARES act financial disbursement - crotique - 03-26-2021

I do not have financial aid and received 150.00.

RE: CARES act financial disbursement - ashkir - 03-26-2021

(03-26-2021, 09:16 AM)crotique Wrote: I do not have financial aid and received 150.00.

Looks like you got listed as level 3 Half Time? How many courses are you enrolled in? 

At least you got something =D

RE: CARES act financial disbursement - crotique - 03-30-2021

It is my first semester (2nd Spring Session) and am enrolled in 2 courses and hopefully will add at the very least one more. Thanks for pointing out 1/2 time, makes sense. I view this as an unexpected gift. ?