Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
University of Wisconsin–Madison has some online Bach. Degree programs. - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: University of Wisconsin–Madison has some online Bach. Degree programs. (/Thread-University-of-Wisconsin%E2%80%93Madison-has-some-online-Bach-Degree-programs)

Pages: 1 2

University of Wisconsin–Madison has some online Bach. Degree programs. - nyvrem - 03-30-2021

mostly in the business area.

https://online.wisc.edu/bachelor-degrees/

it's a pretty high ranked public school iirc

RE: University of Wisconsin–Madison has some online Bach. Degree programs. - rachel83az - 03-30-2021

Tuition is $675/credit. I don't think they accept any alternate credit, even CLEP exams.

RE: University of Wisconsin–Madison has some online Bach. Degree programs. - nomaduser - 03-30-2021

$675 x 120 = $81,000 USD.
That's way too much for an online degree.

I had experimented with my online degree and most of employers just see it as a certificate rather than a full degree lol
Maybe it will be different when you apply to a large corporation with 200+ employees. They may not care if ti's online or not.

RE: University of Wisconsin–Madison has some online Bach. Degree programs. - freeloader - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 09:07 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Tuition is $675/credit. I don't think they accept any alternate credit, even CLEP exams.
That’s not too bad, especially if you have tuition reimbursement through your employer. That typically maxes out at around $5k per year, so you could do 3 courses per year. Would only take you 13 or 14 years to get your degree. That seems pretty good.

RE: University of Wisconsin–Madison has some online Bach. Degree programs. - bjcheung77 - 03-30-2021

Hmm... I think there are different campuses and they are ranked accordingly, the only program that interests me and is affordable will be their flex programs here: https://flex.wisconsin.edu/ otherwise, I highly recommend for "ranked" or "competitive schools" to go through the MOOC providers for much cheaper! Look at coursera, edx, udacity, futurelearn... there are many degree options available at these and the competency based degree providers such as UMASS Global/UMPI/WGU, etc...

RE: University of Wisconsin–Madison has some online Bach. Degree programs. - rachel83az - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 12:14 PM)freeloader Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 09:07 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Tuition is $675/credit. I don't think they accept any alternate credit, even CLEP exams.
That’s not too bad, especially if you have tuition reimbursement through your employer. That typically maxes out at around $5k per year, so you could do 3 courses per year. Would only take you 13 or 14 years to get your degree. That seems pretty good.

Rolleyes  Dodgy Big Grin Rolleyes

RE: University of Wisconsin–Madison has some online Bach. Degree programs. - dfrecore - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 12:10 PM)nomaduser Wrote: I had experimented with my online degree and most of employers just see it as a certificate rather than a full degree lol
Maybe it will be different when you apply to a large corporation with 200+ employees. They may not care if ti's online or not.

I don't think this is necessarily true - ESPECIALLY since many employers won't know that's in online at all (nothing on my degree suggests I got it online).

RE: University of Wisconsin–Madison has some online Bach. Degree programs. - nomaduser - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 06:02 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 12:10 PM)nomaduser Wrote: I had experimented with my online degree and most of employers just see it as a certificate rather than a full degree lol

I don't think this is necessarily true - ESPECIALLY since many employers won't know that's in online at all (nothing on my degree suggests I got it online).

But you haven't lived in that region.
i.e. TESU is located in New Jersey... then your employer asks "are you from NJ?"
What would you say?

RE: University of Wisconsin–Madison has some online Bach. Degree programs. - dfrecore - 03-30-2021

(03-30-2021, 06:17 PM)nomaduser Wrote:
(03-30-2021, 06:02 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

But you haven't lived in that region.
i.e. TESU is located in New Jersey... then your employer asks "are you from NJ?"
What would you say?

The number of times an employer has asked me about my degree - zero.

But you're right, some employers will know, some will care, and you should probably just avoid the ones that do.

It's not uncommon for students to get a degree in another state. You don't have to be from NJ to get a NJ degree. "I liked their degree program." or "I reviewed multiple schools and this is the one that worked best for me." should be sufficient.