Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
what does Sophia - Taking Charge of Your Economic Future transfer into TESU as? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: what does Sophia - Taking Charge of Your Economic Future transfer into TESU as? (/Thread-what-does-Sophia-Taking-Charge-of-Your-Economic-Future-transfer-into-TESU-as)

what does Sophia - Taking Charge of Your Economic Future transfer into TESU as? - creationstory - 04-24-2021

Any help appreciated....

RE: what does Sophia - Taking Charge of Your Economic Future transfer into TESU as? - dfrecore - 04-24-2021

It should come in as BUE-101: Personal Finance - and will be a Free Elective no matter which degree you get.

RE: what does Sophia - Taking Charge of Your Economic Future transfer into TESU as? - rachel83az - 04-24-2021

Will confirm in a week or two when I transfer the new Sophia courses to TESU.

RE: what does Sophia - Taking Charge of Your Economic Future transfer into TESU as? - dfrecore - 04-25-2021

Here's the course description on the ACE National Guide:

Credit Recommendation & Competencies
Level Credits (SH) Subject
Lower-Division Baccalaureate 3 personal finance

Objective:
The course objective is to explore key concepts of economics and personal finance. Students will learn how to reason with an economic mindset, use tools for financial analysis, and develop skills to plan for the future.

RE: what does Sophia - Taking Charge of Your Economic Future transfer into TESU as? - NC Coach - 05-10-2021

(04-24-2021, 04:11 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Will confirm in a week or two when I transfer the new Sophia courses to TESU.

Just curious if you found out about the new courses and the TESU equivalencies yet?  I'm taking this one as I've worked in Financial Services in one aspect or another most of my career.   I figured it'll be pretty easy credits for me due to my background if I can fit them into the degree plan somewhere.

RE: what does Sophia - Taking Charge of Your Economic Future transfer into TESU as? - rachel83az - 05-10-2021

(05-10-2021, 07:13 PM)NC Coach Wrote: Just curious if you found out about the new courses and the TESU equivalencies yet?  I'm taking this one as I've worked in Financial Services in one aspect or another most of my career.   I figured it'll be pretty easy credits for me due to my background if I can fit them into the degree plan somewhere.

Not yet. I'm going to try to finish up the database course in a couple of days before submitting a transcript. I was NOT expecting it to take this much work! It's not difficult but the whole thing is essentially a self-study Touchstone/project. So you cannot just blast through the Challenges/Milestones even if you understand everything.

The financial course is easy. The database course is... wow.

RE: what does Sophia - Taking Charge of Your Economic Future transfer into TESU as? - NC Coach - 05-10-2021

(05-10-2021, 07:27 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Not yet. I'm going to try to finish up the database course in a couple of days before submitting a transcript. I was NOT expecting it to take this much work! It's not difficult but the whole thing is essentially a self-study Touchstone/project. So you cannot just blast through the Challenges/Milestones even if you understand everything.

The financial course is easy. The database course is... wow.

No worries.   Just thought I'd ask.  I'm taking it anyway...already through the first Milestone.    That database course sounds like a real bear.   Since I'm planning on a History degree I'll pass on that one.   Big Grin