Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Independence University - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: General Education-Related Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-General-Education-Related-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Independence University (/Thread-Independence-University)

Independence University - Alpha - 04-28-2021

This online school has just lost it's accreditation
Breaking: Citing Performance Failures, Accreditor Dumps Independence University | Republic Report

RE: Independence University - bjcheung77 - 04-29-2021

Ouch, that hurts. Oh wells, some schools make the list, some don't... they have been provided time to "fix" whatever outstanding issues they have, but I guess it wasn't time enough to fix everything they needed in orderly fashion. These type of schools come and go...

RE: Independence University - Vle045 - 04-29-2021

Man that is rough. I wonder if they can simply go find someone else to accredit them.
I am starting Walden in a few day for their free term offer. I wonder if they could be next. They had an issue with the nursing program.

Independence University - harrypotter - 04-29-2021

Interesting. They’re a nonprofit university. I guess it goes to show that even private NP colleges can lose it all

RE: Independence University - ss20ts - 04-29-2021

(04-29-2021, 01:16 PM)harrypotter Wrote: Interesting. They’re a nonprofit university. I guess it goes to show that even private NP colleges can lose it all

Wasn't always non-profit.

"But the chain, which converted from for-profit to non-profit status in a troubling deal, making its founder Carl Barney even richer, and which this week was scrutinized with other converted schools in a congressional hearing, and which has engaged in blustery attacks on its critics, is also being sued for fraud by the U.S. Justice Department and is under investigation by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau."

RE: Independence University - Alpha - 08-07-2021

Hey, guess which university just closed.  And some smells a little funny
Independence University closing: Education Department investigation (usatoday.com)

RE: Independence University - ss20ts - 08-07-2021

Shocking! Where's my shocked smile?

RE: Independence University - Supermind - 08-08-2021

What will happen to students who earned their degrees from Independence University when it was accredited? Will their degrees continue to be respected?

RE: Independence University - Kab - 08-08-2021

They should be respected, no?
in that moment in time was an accredited center.
Who is going to be the responsible of issuing the transcripts & etc is going to be the question.

RE: Independence University - bjcheung77 - 08-08-2021

Accepted and respected are two different meanings, they'll be accepted but respected would be an unknown... such as their recognition is unknown. If the degree was granted when they were accredited - in short, you will have an accepted/accredited degree.