Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Low Marks - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Degree Planning Advice (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Degree-Planning-Advice)
+--- Thread: Low Marks (/Thread-Low-Marks)

Low Marks - sharrieff - 05-18-2021

Hello Forum,

All I need is an associates of arts degree. 

I have 54 b&m credits BUT, I believe about 14 credits are C- and below (30 years ago and i kicked it too much lol).

Anyhow, are there any colleges that take Ds and offer associates? A school accepting CLEP would be great. 

I'll probably run into residency requirements which will take me way over 60 credits need.

Thanks Forum

RE: Low Marks - bjcheung77 - 05-18-2021

Hello sharrieff, there are many schools, including the one you've attended decades ago. You may want to copy/paste or get a screen capture of your courses and credits, it's best to also tell us the school you've attended. I think you may want to just finish the Associates at that institution instead of starting at another... unless that school has closed since.

RE: Low Marks - ctcarl - 05-18-2021

(05-18-2021, 05:00 PM)sharrieff Wrote: Hello Forum,

All I need is an associates of arts degree. 

I have 54 b&m credits BUT, I believe about 14 credits are C- and below (30 years ago and i kicked it too much lol).

Anyhow, are there any colleges that take Ds and offer associates? A school accepting CLEP would be great. 

I'll probably run into residency requirements which will take me way over 60 credits need.

Thanks Forum

Any chance an AAS would work for you?  If so, Pierpont will likely grant you one at no cost.  You would apply, send in your transcripts, and they would tell you what you'd need to finish up.  Whatever it is, you can most likely get your remiaining credits in one month at Sophia for $79, possibly even cheaper.

RE: Low Marks - rachel83az - 05-18-2021

If an AAS will work, Pierpont is totally the way to go to get one for (almost) free.

If an AAS won't work, the cheapest option for an AA or an AS would be at Charter Oak. But you could also get a full bachelor's degree at either Charter Oak or UMPI for not much more than an Associate's degree at COSC.

RE: Low Marks - bjcheung77 - 05-18-2021

I highly recommend the first option of going back to the school you have referred to earlier, the one with the failing grades. The main reason is to finish your degree and the rewards of bumping your GPA back up. You won't be able to do that taking courses elsewhere, it'll go up, but at a very slow pace and transcript results will still show your older course grades. By taking failed courses, (not B or C+) you can bump up your GPA fastest by retaking that course set. Your second best option would be the BOG AAS at Pierpont, for the cost/ease/speed to finish...I also highly recommend this if the original school as closed operations.

RE: Low Marks - dfrecore - 05-18-2021

Charter Oak will take D's or higher, except for English Comp I & II, and any courses in the major. So you could bring in D's for GE and Free Electives.

They're a good school to get an AA from because it doesn't cost any extra to continue on and get your Bachelor's degree there. It costs $1717 for tuition and fees there, for 3cr. So you can bring in 57cr and finish at COSC.