Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
How to list TESU degree on resume? - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Specific College Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Specific-College-Discussion)
+--- Forum: TESU - Thomas Edison State University Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-TESU-Thomas-Edison-State-University-Discussion)
+--- Thread: How to list TESU degree on resume? (/Thread-How-to-list-TESU-degree-on-resume)

How to list TESU degree on resume? - collegechick - 05-31-2021

How do you list your TESU degree on your resume?  I have:

BA with emphasis in Social Science, 2021 | Thomas Edison State University, Trenton, NJ - is this correct?  

Or do I need to say:

BA with emphasis in Social Science, 2021 | Thomas Edison State University, online

Thank you.

RE: How to list TESU degree on resume? - rachel83az - 05-31-2021

You do not need to say that it was online.

RE: How to list TESU degree on resume? - Vle045 - 05-31-2021

I don’t think you need to list the location.

RE: How to list TESU degree on resume? - Courcelles - 05-31-2021

(05-31-2021, 09:45 AM)collegechick Wrote: How do you list your TESU degree on your resume?  I have:

BA with emphasis in Social Science, 2021 | Thomas Edison State University, Trenton, NJ - is this correct?  

Or do I need to say:

BA with emphasis in Social Science, 2021 | Thomas Edison State University, online

Thank you.

You would use Trenton, NJ, not online. Use the location of the school’s home office, even for fully online institutions. Of course, location can be left off if the school’s name will is totally unambiguous like TESU is.

RE: How to list TESU degree on resume? - bjcheung77 - 05-31-2021

There are so many ways to write this, it's all personal preference and it depends on how you want it to show up.  For me, I write it in two different ways... either to put emphasis on the degree or the school (relatively speaking, it depends on what position I am looking to apply for).  Here's how I do it:

If it's for a position that just requires a degree, I list it with the institution in bold and the degree underneath.

Thomas Edison State University, Trenton, NJ - 2016
BA in Liberal Studies (Social Science Concentration)

If it's for a position that requires a specific degree, I list it with the degree in bold and the institution below.

BA in Computer Science (double major in Biology) - expected 2021
Thomas Edison State University, Trenton, NJ

You can compare what others do online by doing a search on resume writing and see what matches how you want it.  What I like, or the way I list it may not be something you would do, so you can compare what's out there and see which one is a better fit for you, and you can further change it if needed.

RE: How to list TESU degree on resume? - dfrecore - 05-31-2021

I put the degree as the major factor, with the school after not emphasized. Because I don't care that much - the degree is way more important in the HR/Business world than the school.

RE: How to list TESU degree on resume? - collegechick - 05-31-2021

Thank you everyone for your responses. Appreciate it!